Discussion on Accessories

Let’s not trouble hemanth, he’s posted the address umpteen number of times on the forum. :joy:

Here are the details - Sign N Shine
Address - #17, 2nd cross J C journalist colony, JC Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560002

Just ask for Ather logo to be printed, with this scooter’s picture, and he’ll do the needful.

Picture credits - @arulsharwan

4 Likes

Do they also do ceramic coating?

1 Like

Nope…This is just a small shop who does good work out of acrylic laser cutting, vinyl cutting. Tell my name and he can make all things that I’ve got done from him. He’s stored all the designs I gave him. Following are the things I got fom him…Keychain, Ather lettering, charging logo, name key chain, helmet, black stripe on floorboard, Kannada Ather name on the side panel, alloy wheel striping.

Ceramic coating, PPF all is better done at a detailing studio. I’d suggest Kriti car care…that’s the place I’ve got the ceramic coating and PPF for my Ather. They do very good work and their Hexis PPF doesn’t become yellow like 3M. Yellowing is very evident on white vehicles. Pricing is premium but worth every penny IMO. Below is the address

KRITHI CAR CARE Sri, No 448, Ground Floor, Sri Vivekananda Vilas, Southern Building Service Road, 4th Block, HBR layout, Brindavan Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560043 091484 74707

5 Likes

Thank you @hemanth.anand, I was looking for a place to get PPF and ceramic coating done for my 450x S1. Will check this place out this weekend !

Ceramic coating 7500 rs PPF 650 per sq feet

1 Like

Finally, I have decided to make a compilation of all the accessories I have brought, and yet to buy (3 more to go) .

I own a Series 1, for which I took the delivery on 23/12/2020. The list had already begun to expand (courtesy : this forum :stuck_out_tongue:).

Lets start with -

1 - Keychain

Source - Buy-LAUNCH-KEY-keychain| 100kmph
It had to be this keychain after experiencing WARP mode. Period.

Price - 99/- + 50/- (Shipping) - 149/-

My spare key has Hemanth’s famous template. I tried to keep them in my jeans pocket for 2 days, but I sensed it, not long before it gets destroyed by me.

Source - Sign N Shine :

2 - Ather Logo

Source - Sign N Shine :

3 - Blind spot mirrors (I call them life-savers)

Source : Amazon (Type - Autosun Blindspot mirrors)

Price : 299/-

4 - Nano-Tempered glass

Source - @Rajavel , IMO I found these to be the best and sleek, not even noticeable. Installed them myself.

Price - 825/- for 2 nos.

5 - Acrylic case for the Dot

Source - Devi Plates - Computerised Engraving - in Chickpet, Bengaluru. (Contact Mr. Prabu) This has been extensively covered on my thread - Acrylic case for the Ather Dot

Price - 1500/- appox.

6 - Cover - As rightly said by @rajeshkav, Aprilla SR150 Cover has fit my scooter very well.

Source - Amazon

Price - 299/-

7 - Krithi Car care - Hexis PPF

Excluding the back domes (Since they will be exchanged for translucent ones in March’ 21) , It got PPF’d in the front and sides (Foot-rest area)

I know this deserves a post of its own, And I shall try to cover it extensively soon ! Overall I would say superb job done by them. Please DM Krithi Car care on Insta or call them (Quicker) for prices as it wouldn’t be fair to reveal prices here and every vehicle is different.

8 - Wipro 16A Smart plug

Source - Amazon (God, ya’ll must be wondering by now how much I surf Amazon ! :joy: :sweat_smile:) .

This functions the same way as @bharath5408 has shown on this forum before! Great accessory I must say! Shows wonderfully how many units has my scooter consumed month-wise. Look out for offers and be patient to buy at a good price !

Price - 956/-

9 - Seat cover -

On 24th of Dec, the very next day after delivery, The seat had torn slightly - thanks to the neighborhood cat . Decided it needed a seat cover ASAP. Brought a same patterned seat cover as the original to retain the look. No red, nothing fancy. Now I cover my seat cover with an old thick cloth.

Price - 300/-

Source - Sri Venkateshwara Enterprises, Laxmipuram, Halasuru - 560008

Why are they SO EVIL? Anyways, Moving on

10 - Handle grips - ProTaper - more like ProFail

Well I wanted to put handle grips (Purely aesthetic, The Ather ones are great as well !) and ordered great looking ones (IMO), until I read on the forum, Neither Ather installs aftermarket grips during service, nor can one simple do it, without risking to destroy the original ones. So they now lay idle until someone “vandalizes” my grips (God-forbid not !)

Source - Amazon

Price - 299/-

41Mdkgk0PUL

11 - Orbiz Number plate -

This was another fail. They are supposed to imprint the white letters on the green embossed number plate, instead they stick radium stickers on the embossed part. 2 washes and all my letters are going to peel off. Stupidity at its peak, for such a huge company. Thinking of getting a refund. Already spoke to them over whatsapp, they say its standard practice for green plates. May send them back for refund, or paint letter like @hemanth.anand

Source - Orbiz Online website

Price - 440/- after discount

12 - Number plate frame holder

Disclaimer - Read it once. Read it twice. I do not know what are the consequences of fixing clear, super visible number plates over HSRP.

I hated HSRP number plates from day 1. Moreover, Ather got my back number plate rivetted crooked. . And i’m kinda OCD’ish. Not cool, Ather. :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: I love clean, Screwless look as well. (P.s the Number is my year of birth )

I had to get the Orbiz ones. But not at the cost of breaking the rivettes. That’s plain stupidity. So instead, I asked ather if they could give me an additional front number plate holder - And voila :

Then - fixed my number plate frame + the Orbiz Number plate :

Front -

Now for the back - I am stuck, even the number plate holder is rivetted. I always visioned the trellis frame having an asthetic tail, not a plastic mudguard. And and behold - I found something called Tail Tidy on amazon -

Capturegg

Price - 995/-

So the effort began, and its result yielded to this -

Well lets see how this survives, and how long before install back my mudguard. (Real test - Wet roads :frowning_face:) . All in good spirit of doing mods to make your vehicle truly your own.

Now the HSRP plates rests (in peace) with its companion, in my overhead trunk, - The saree guard. :rofl:

Upcoming purchases -

• Gloves - Didn’t feel the need, But if anybody have great ones, link or shop address would be appreciated !
  • Paddock stand (Incase you have notice, it rests on a block of wood for now (Thanks to its side stand angle)
  • Helmet - Still deciding whether Ather smart helmet (Releasing in March '21) worth it or to go ahead with MT thunderbird

Mat - Still deciding does it need one or not. Will be visiting Balaji Automobiles, as mentioned on this thread numerous times, that they have the exact fitting Foot-mat for Ather

Will add in future how the Tail tidy holds up!

Fin.

20 Likes

pls share link for handgrip from amazon.

Thanks for the neat compilation. This will share lot of scrolling for many users and can be a one-stop reference for future owners.

I’ve my own OCD issues and I just want to suggest one small change to that rear number plate. the angle of the plate is more towards vertical. The stock plate is more slanted. Seeing your Tail Tidy, I think this can be adjusted. Please do it if you can and it’ll look better :slight_smile: couple of pictures to make my point clear

10 Likes

Here’s the link for the grips - [Amazers Choice Pro Taper Motorcycle Grip Set Universal for Bike (Black & Red) 01: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike] (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08FBF5ZV1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Incase you want mine, which are brand new - let me know over DM. I don’t think I’ll be using them. :grinning:

Ah, got it! Yes its adjustable, so will slant it a bit. Thank you ! :grin:

1 Like

Please add the pic for cover and the link and also your take on the quality of cover.

2 Likes

True that!! I was thinking about that while gazing at the pics and was about to hit a reply when I read the above. :wink:

2 Likes

Hey @ranganathsb , the cover seems to do a pretty decent job for 299/- bucks. Its super water repellent. Doesn’t allow water to seep through that’s for sure! Yet to test in heavy rains… Although I didn’t like the branding on the front, so i tried making it a plain cover, but the botched up job is pretty visible -

Source - Mototrance - MT804496 Sporty Arc Blue Red Bike Body Cover for Aprilia SR 150 Amazon.in

The fear is real! Looks, over comfort battle is tough :rofl:. Anyways, I will wait and watch for 15-20 days.

5 Likes

In one episode he will do a 360 degree back flip. Ahead of times .

For my Ather 450x Dot charger i made this steel cabin with powder coting, below are the images. Since i need to keep my ather dot in open car parking and acrylic cabin will not withstand for chennai heat. This metal cabin with powder coting will withstand both chennai heat and rain, it has dual locking. this cost me 3500rs, i also managed to keep one water proof 9wt LED light next dot.

22 Likes

Thanks for the review! Just ordered the cover. :+1:

1 Like

Great cover…! I was in search for such cover… Hopefully ill get this done ASAP…

Due to my height and healthy body current mirrors on the scooters are useless to me as i cannot see the rear view clearly at any adjustment level…? What can be done to resolvs this issue…? And @abhishek.balaji will ather provide a seperate set of mirrors as an accesory to suit riders like me…? Iam in search of the solution,anyone having solution kindly reply immediately…

2 Likes

Where to install spools on the scooter…? I did not find any point where we can install them…? If anyone knows kindly reply…!

there is no point or holes to install Spools on both 450s or 450x, the universal type stand will usually work for Ather

Here is a Detailed Mirror adjustment Video

1 Like