Discussion on Accessories

@hemanth.anand and Ather bike is famous in that shop. It is one shop for all accessories and owner and workers are very calm and listen to people what they need and give back their suggestions.

5 Likes

Hi…

Can others share their experience of clear visor vs smoke visor vs night vision visor?

After seeing helmet of @santosh.rism I wanted to buy Steelbird Air R2K helmet. I didn’t want to spend more than 2k and it had my color choice. Then I realised I had 3 choices of visors.

I have always used plain visor helmets so far. Today I tried smoke visor and dual (single visor for both night and day) visor of Steelbird Air R2K model.

I tried these visors to see if it helps in reflection and also from harsh light from high beam from opposite side.

My observation:
Smoke visor - Found better during night ride with no reflection… Day time no issues at all all. But when the area is very dark like power cut, the visibility is slightly reduced. I was tempted to open the visor.

Night visior - allows more light so better visibility at night than smoke. But when any light from opposite side, some kind of reflection seen from inside… distracting…

Steelbird SBA-1 R2K White and Green Helmet

1 Like

Also, one question which I missed: can additional visor be fitted e.g. smoke / night visor behind the plain or vice versa??

Because I saw some videos to replace visor and it looks too cumbersome to be done frequently…

When I went for the helmet, he told me that almost 5 Athers went after me. Now probably the count has increased :slight_smile:

True. I’ve taken almost all my vehicles to this guy for one or the other thing. Whenever I go, he asks me “what different are you going to do today sir?” :smiley:

9 Likes

+1 for Hemanth!

I was there on Friday too and got the standard package done :slight_smile: unfortunately, the middle line in ‘E’ was loose when he was putting it and it fell down somewhere while driving. I will have to go back again.

1 Like

I got the seat cover and the padding upgraded today. So far it’s been good, but I can say for sure only after a few hundred. I asked him to put in additional padding in the front so it feels a bit wierd now - like I am seated at a much higher driving position. Cost me ₹500 to get this done at Kammanahalli.

10 Likes

Looks good… So this is to prevent the rider from sliding down?

2 Likes

Appreciate if I someone who had tried different visors can answer?

Based on this I am planning to return one of them to Amazon :slight_smile:

Neatly done 3M sticker on headlamp

could not find the rit size mate, Honda Dio mate with few cuts

Autobot

4 Likes

Yes. That’s the idea. So far it has been better than the stock one in terms of resistance to sliding.

3 Likes

Transparent glass(White) - Good for day view, not suitable for night times. Opposite side vehicle light will blur your view eye sight.

Black glass - Good for days times and protect your eyes from sunlight and not suitable for night times due to black color but not blur your eye sight during night times.

Night view multi color - Suitable for day and night times but it costlier than above 3K

4 Likes

Thanks @santosh.rism I tried dual visor. Though it is better than plain, it gets a wired reflection from inside… May be I will try today once more.

1 Like

Better, I suggest you to visit JC road, there are many branded show rooms try everything and go on your opinion.

2 Likes

I have a Studds dual visor. The inner sunvisor does not fit snug and there is almost an inch gap between my nose bridge and the visor. Besides the design is flawed in such a way that normal operation of the visors will result in scratches on it.

1 Like

Even i have the same problem…

1 Like

I suggest u visit helmet shops evening time so dat u can wear n decide which suits better at night :v:t2::blush:

2 Likes

Got Ceramic Coating done by passionate detailerz. Vehicle looks extra shiny good work. Here as are the photos

6 Likes

how much ?
address please. I am also planning for ceramic coating.

1 Like

What’s the cost and contact details?

@prasathvishnu I got the following helmet: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07BRR9RD2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and a clear visor (in case I end up driving at night): https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01NBEYE3B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also felt that the helmet did a good job in light conditions at night, but not in dark conditions.

Hope this helps.

1 Like