Delivery delay even after Partial Lockdown lifting in Bangalore

Hey Abhishek Balaji,

Do you have any update regarding the delivery of vehicle. Since lockdown is lifted in Bangalore and vehicle showrooms have been given permission to operate, i expect delivery to happen this week.

I booked the vehicle 2.5 months back and till now there is no update regarding the delivery. I tried following up with the customer care and your personnel kept on telling that I will be receiving call in 2 days, but that 2 days never occurred. It would be great if you can update regarding the delivery of scooter in Bangalore

1 Like

We’re following the guidelines by the Government, and as per our understanding, deliveries were not allowed. Can’t comment on what other dealers/brands are doing on the same.

While lockdown restrictions have been partially, our teams are working at reduced capacity in line with the guidelines issued a couple of days back. They’ll reach out to you in a day or two when your vehicle is ready for delivery.

3 Likes

Please see this. Already clarified just before your post.

Hi, Are you aware of additional fame II subsidy of Rs.14500. They started registration only from 14th June, & I got registration on 15th june, whereas this subsidy is wef 11th june. I feel you will be like me, where Ather is not ready to refund the subsidy.

Deliveries should resume from tomorrow onwards, the team is reaching out to schedule the delivery as the vehicles are being prepped. This week’s pace would be a little slow, due to the reduced capacity we’re operating at.

A lot of our on-ground staff are heading back to Bangalore/Chennai as the lockdown restrictions have just been lifted, so we should be back to the good old pace of deliveres from the next week onwards.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The first deliveries in Delhi!

Will KA51 registrations start from today? Because since 2 months I’m getting to see the status as “Rto registration initiated”. Can I please get a clarity about it

2 Likes

Please see the response just above, just clarified that this week would be a bit slower paced as our teams are coming back to Bangalore. When your scooter’s registration process gets going, they’ll reach out to you with an update.

1 Like

On Tuesday 22nd June 2021, a person from Ather called me and asked me to sign some papers for the RTO registration. Since I was at work already he asked me to go to Indirangar EC. I signed my papers there and the person who made me sign the papers told me that the registration will happen tomorrow i.e. Wednesday 23rd June 2021 and asked me to keep my phone handy as I might receive an OTP from Vaahan and I have to give the same to one of your representatives. He also mentioned that I will be able to take the delivery of the scooter by friday(that is today) or maximum by Monday (28th June 2021). As per my knowledge the registration of the scooter is not even initiated. I have mentioned this earlier as well that I don’t have another vehicle to commute.

Please deliver my scooter asap. I really don’t care if you guys are working 50% capacity or 100%. I have paid completely for my product and I need it ASAP. I am really loosing my patience here. Why is there no coordination between your team members I don’t get it. Because when I called up you CS team they are saying another 15 to 20 days for delivery. Please guys get a grip and have some coordination. And don’t give customers false hopes.

4 Likes

I signed these papers way before lockdown, and still no sign of delivery !!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather Referral programs

Just to update took delivery of my vehicle yesterday morning at 11 am.Today morning by 9 am the charging port too was installed. The pace of things picked up last two days and everything was done in quick succession. The Ather staff during delivery were very courteous and gave a detailed demo of the vehicle .

All in all after an excruciating and most anticipated wait for two months due to lockdown , got delivery of my vehicle and proud to be a Ather owner and part of the Ather family. Need to use the vehicle for sometime to start giving an actual feedback and any suggestions for improvement. But the initial feel of the vehicle has been awesome and a proud moment to own an EV .

5 Likes

Here is the latest update about my order. Friday the customer service guys tell me that Monday my registration will happen and today when I call the customer service they say that they RTO team is not picking their call. This has been going on for a week now since last Tuesday when I signed the RTO papers. @abhishek.balaji is there any coordination between your teams? It’s great to see that you guys are busy opening up new showrooms and expanding to different cities. But I really feel you need to look closely into the needs of the customers who have already paid you the hard earned money and purchased your product. I work at a radio station in Bangalore.

And a few years back you guys advertised with us. Which meant you were our client. We never treated you like this. We always met our deliverables on time and infact I was the one who interviewed few of your customers at that point of time and recorded their testimonials. Now that I think of it maybe they weren’t customers.

This is really pathetic. One of your employee says that I’ll get my scooter with 5 days the other says 15 days. What is really happening can you please explain. I know there’s rules about the number of people working due to COVID. But the miscommunication is unacceptable. I sold my bike because of that and now I don’t have a mode of commute.

7 Likes

I repeat…I have done the paperwork and also paid in full before lockdown !! The only communication I got was a call saying I was eligible for Fame subsidy. Other than that…ZERO !!

I don’t think posting anything here matters as well. ZERO response so far !! It’s just a wailing wall !!

1 Like

Rohit, lets give them the benefit of constraints due to prevailing pandemic situations. But yes there could be clear communication.

@rpradeep.blr, I’m an Ather 450X user. please don’t buy the bike. There are 100 of consumers facing multiple problems with the bike.

Ather is not having proper service engineer and as a 450x user I got replaced with multiple parts now with motor too.

This is before you take the delivery I suggest you don’t buy. As an upcoming brand, this company is using us as RND team.

Bro please don’t buy the Ather bike

It’s a waste machine. You can get much better machine for a cheaper price

@960karthik

Bro don’t buy Ather bike it’s not value for money it has multiple major issues

Past 4 months Ather is not resolving the issue.

They have poor built quality and work service behaviour.

You better wait for some more time.

1 Like

Team Ather definitely knows how to test your patience. I know putting this up here does no difference. @abhishek.balaji @tarun you guys need to work on delivering scooters on time first and then open showrooms across India. The registration of my bike is pending for close to 2 weeks now. The CS team has been giving me false data regarding the date of registration. Whenever I call them they say they are trying to connect with the registration team and they are not reachable. This all started back on 22nd June 2021 when I signed my papers and the executive at Indiranagar experience centre told me that I’ll get my scooter by Monday(28th June). I sold my then existing bike thinking I wouldn’t have space in my garage to park the 2 vehicles. And today I am writing this as soon as I got off the phone with the CS team and they’ve just informed me that the registration will only happen next Wednesday(7th July). I am spending money on cabs and autos. @abhishek.balaji I really feel that there has to be some sort of connection between your teams. The RTO team never seem to pick up a call from your CS team. This has been happening for the past 2 weeks. My friend bought a Bajaj Chetak. HE BOOKED THE SCOOTER AFTER ME DURING LOCKDOWN AND GOT IT LAST WEEK WITH THE FAME REINVOICING AND EVERYTHING. I am pretty sure they are also understaffed due to the pandemic but at least are doing their job.

2 Likes

Hey folks, please see the update below:

1 Like

Sounds ridiculous !! I’ve lost all the excitement of taking delivery of this vehicle or owning it !!

3 Likes

I understand, in your position I’d be frustrated too. Just explaining where things are stuck right now, so you get the context as well. We do have your best interests in mind, hence the effort taken to ensure you get the new subsidy benefits.

If you’re okay forgoing the new subsidy, you can reach out to the team and they’ll help you out.

1 Like