Deliveries: Chennai

Ya their bottleneck is definitely not production anymore. It’s everything after that. From charger installation. Registration, the HSRP plates.

Yes agree

I wish they send the payment mail a bit late . Aug last week Tamil Nadu govt may announce EV policy. That may reduce the price of ather by another 5k.

1 Like

Maybe that’s why ather is delaying it themselves. They did the same for th GST cuts for Bangalore.

Any update about payment window opening?

Hi Team…

If any one from first batch is in plan to withdraw from getting 450… Please do tag me here… or whatsapp to 9789820759. I can swap :slight_smile:

@kumar.senthild Are you really swapping with @chandru_13… Else let me know I can swap…
Thanks in advance
Regards,
Gokul

Hi Gokul, after lot of follow up with support team , delivery date swapped between us.(order number remaining same). @chandru_13 helped me lot for this swap.

1 Like

Thats good to hear bro :slight_smile:

TN govt doesn’t seem to pass the ev policy. Almost going to be end of this month…

1 Like

This wait for the payment window to open is agonising. September is here, almost!

In Bangalore From your payment day it takes 10-15 days for delivery so i think theyll will try to delay it as much as possible till the TN ev Policy

Hope the authorities dont wait for CM who is on an multi-nation onsite trip. :roll_eyes:: .

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: On our way to Chennai

Hi @Ather.Team @Shreyas

Any idea on when will the payment window open? Because its already September now .

3 Likes

No Idea. Also I am noting in their website that the Orders in Chennai will get Ather 1.1 version which will have a home charging Dot instead of the usual white ather POD that we saw in the showroom. Not sure if this installation cost should be borne by us. Also the total charging time is increased by an hour. Yesterday i saw in t he news paper that our Govt is drafting an EV policy and it will be out in 3 weeks. May be ather is waiting for that.

Hi Chennai buddies. Any ones payment window got open ?

Not yet. Still no update

Nope. Communication is not one of the strong points of Ather, I guess. The app still states the status to be that of Charger assessment which will be conducted 4-5 weeks before delivery and expected delivery to be Sep’19. The delay could be the launch of new Ather dot or they could be waiting for Govt. EV policy but shouldn’t that be communicated by now. I was wondering what were Bangalorean’s thinking when they have to wait for a whole lot more than us. This waiting is killing the interest.

I am eagerly waiting too… I really don’t want to wait for the TN EV policy. I know every Rupee saved matters, but the wait is just excruciating. I guess we are a captive market now, so we have to wait. This would have been a big problem to Ather if a competing product existed in the market here.

2 Likes

I contacted the customer care and was informed that payment link will open by 2nd or 3rd week of September. Going by this mail I think deliveries will not happen in September and we might have to wait for some more time.

1 Like