Dashboard

Has anyone had an experience of having shown the documents on the scooter’s dashboard to the traffic police in lieu of the physical or Digilocker formats?

I believe its the connectivity between the scooter and cloud. It gets sometime (more than ten minutes) to get reflected on my app while at office but its very quick (under three minutes) while at home. All this when I am on Jio network on my iphone. Probably the network to which e-sim in the scooter is provisioned with isn’t strong enough at office location. Nevertheless, I am not worried too much about this.

I’m not worried about the whether the ride is sync or it sync on the cloud later. I’m totally fine with whatever last sync data is available.

My problem is when I open the Ather app on my phone, it get stuck saying loading and not proceeding forward.

As I mentioned in my comment, I have been observing this behavior only when I am office and the app says “Loading”. Perhaps its case of signal strength of the service provider.

Mr. Govind, are you facing this in all the locations you frequent?

Got it! It’s irrespective of location. I’ll have to close and reopen the app as many times possible and it opens very rarely.

Can we use smartphone data (over Wi-Fi) instead of Ather 450X data services?

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji, My 450 software version is 4.1.2 and i got a mail on 25th Feb - “OTA updates for 4.1.4 and 4.1.5 will be available in a couple of weeks”. But i haven’t received any option to update and my software version info showing it is up to date. Is the new OTA version is not available? If available how i can get the updates?

We rolled it out to vehicles which were affected by the motor cut off issues first to prevent the issues from recurring, and the updates just had fixes for that. There’s one more update coming soon which will have some new features and will carry these fixes for everyone :slight_smile:

I have uploaded the documents on the Ather app. But they do not appear on the dashboard. What could be the reason? Poor network?

A post was merged into an existing topic: OTA Wants - Feature requests

I bought my scooter around June 2019. I think it was around a week back that I noticed a bubble forming between the glass panel and the LCD screen at the top right hand corner. It’s not water ingress and the vehicle was not exposed to rain or sun for extended period of time. I have raised a complaint and the technician is coming tomorrow. Anyone had a similar experience? If this is happening to a one year old vehicle now, it can happen once the warranty period is over too. As of now there is no issue with touch response.

1 Like

I had also noticed it this weekend… But not sure what it was. In last 3 months I hardly used 4-5 times, so didn’t notice it until now…

Hey Deepak, i had this issue. At first the bubble was small then it expanded. I raised a service complaint sharing the photo. The ather team got it repaired.

Hello everyone, I have designed a concept dashboard for Ather energy. click the link to view full project, I hope you guys like it : https://www.behance.net/gallery/96803455/Digital-Dashboard

17 Likes

Nice effort :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thankyou @prasathvishnu for your feedback :blush:

Legacy automakers are providing features using phone’s bluetooth and here we end up discussing that something similar cannot be implemented because bluetooth technology used is different. I am still unable to agree to the fact that something similar cannot be implemented by Ather.

Given we are provided options for Ather connect (lite / pro), we should get an option where one can still use basic features like ride statistics and navigation via phone. This would save on both:

1. Cloud cost for syncing
  2. Charges to google for using Maps’ API

Here’s an example:

8 Likes

Hi all, I am not sure if this query has been asked. Assume that I have selected navigation, entered destination and clicked navigate. The map is presented on the dashboard with the route. I now need to know if there is an option to run the map in background and the ride screen (odo+charge+mode screen) comes up and I get to see only the turn-by-turn indications on the main screen. I do know that the maps view gives a snapshot of the odo+range etc at the left bottom corner. Is there other way around showing the main screen and the turn-by-turn indications only? If yes, how do I do it? Thanks.

Currently, Turn by Turn navigation will only be shown in the maps screen, but this has been captured as a feature request: https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/toggle-between-maps-screen-and-dashboard-when-riding/3973/7

4 Likes

Hope this feature is made available soon.

@abhishek.balaji I finished a ride and parked the flight. When I was turning off, I noticed that the screen got freeze and the speed simulation continued for a minute and once it came to final rest I turned off the flight. Please get this checked. I raised an issue through the app, but couldn’t upload video. So have attached the link for the same.

Videos:

2 Likes