Custom Ride Mode

Custom Ride Modes!

Just wondering if we could have custom ride modes in which we can play with some parameters and tweak the mode according to an individual!!? For example I may choose a less acceleration In a custom mode with the top speed of 90.

6 Likes

Or maybe the ability to remove the top speed cap :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Haha yes, we can tweak it :wink:

3 Likes

I’m totally okay with Ather speed restrictions of each mode. Keeping the max speed as it is I would like to have speed control in my hand so that I can reduce speed of each mode.

For example If I can cap Eco mode to 10 KMPH, Ride to 15 or sports to 20 & Warp to 25 so that elder people or newbees can learn to drive without risk of getting injured due to high speed

10 Likes

I would like to set the maximum speed /ride mode when I hand it over to my friends/parents.

3 Likes

It rained in Mumbai this week, sort of first rains! I was out to buy groceries and in due time it started raining. I was in sports mode and was driving very cautiously as I have heard wheels slipping. However you control the throttle, it becomes a little scary and lose some confidence in these modes(even in ECO). If there can be anything to set max speed limit say 10 or 15 with less torque, it could help us and gain control/confidence in the rains too along with hazard lights :p. Driving in park Assist is not an option at all, it could be dangerous.

5 Likes

I would suggest modes based purely on power delivery instead of limiting top speed.

5 Likes

Hi, is it possible to provide the option of reset of the trip meter using the App, also need the display of regerative breaking in the dashboard.

2 Likes

This could be the coolest feature Ather can add I believe where I’m in full control of the vehicles possibilities… let’s make it happen atherrrrrrrrrr

2 Likes

Hi All. I have been using Ather for the past 1 year. No major issues until now. However, yesterday, when it was raining heavily in Kerala, I found a minor safety hazard present in Ather. I was riding at a very slow speed (20kmph) when I entered a wet tiled (very less friction) pavement. As soon as the rear tyre entered the tile, it suddenly started skidding with rear-wheel rotating instantaneously at extremely high RPM. This doesn’t happen in petrol scooters, it just goes to high RPM, but not at this level. Note that this is with 2 people on the scooter.

At first, I thought I might have given higher acceleration, but then again when I tried to move the vehicle again, this happened with this time, I almost fell to the ground.

This could easily be controlled via Ather software that the RPM of the wheel could be limited based on the throttle input and the speed at which it was going before. There shouldn’t be a sudden (insane) increase in RPM of the wheel, say when the vehicle goes on a near frictionless surface or the RPM of the vehicle shouldn’t be high when there is no load on the motor.

Trust Ather looks into this comment. This is a very rare occurrence but is really a safety hazard.

@Admin: I couldn’t find relevant thread. Kindly request to change this topic to relevant thread as deemed necessary.

2 Likes

This is the reason why we need traction control

2 Likes

The season is back again! The purpose of the thread was to gain ideas/insights from the team or people to take precautions while it rains! Even on the Eco mode, the scooter slips. Since traction control will be too much, how about just limiting the torque or a special mode to drive in rains so that we can control acceleration because the scooter is real quick on all the modes. I know there are various parameters where can the scooter can slip for eg, type of surface, angle, threads, etc.

Just curious to know if low torque or anything helps. I own an Ampere Reo too which has very very low torque and it’s in control in rains.

Here, custom ride mode means considering the WARP mode as the highest threshold, and the user can change some parameters lower to WARP mode of course according to use case

7 Likes