Child lock for a certain speed

I wish i want a feature to limit the speed of ather to a certain level which is customizable by using a lock code or pass code which is customized by owner so that it can be used by children and senior citizen flawlessly (like profile for each user of a family)

11 Likes

I was just wondering, whether we can have a training Mode in scooter. Something like the parking mode. The speed can be limited or set as per requirement. This would really help someone new who is learning. What are your opinions, please do share

9 Likes

I have already requested ather team to provide some kind of parental control or speed limit settings with password protection. I think it is very useful feature for those who have young children & senior citizens specially driving 450X…

11 Likes
1 Like

Yes this is a mandatory feature so as to control the different modes and implement speed limit controls as well.

6 Likes

He @abhishek.balaji I’ve already mentioned this earlier.

What is the use of showing partial address on the ride statics section? Why not show the complete address when we click on it? Or a timeline on a map would be cool with lines marked with different colours based on the consumption or mode.

Please put on some useful information and controls on the app such as these(mentioned above) and many more like

° Different user mode for different users in family

° Geofencing (a notification when vehicle is out of fence )

° A password for dash or guest mode (so that user cannot access incognito or documents )

° Charge control from app

( I won’t ask for keyless go because of hardware limitations )

All these and many more are very important features for a smart scooter. Please consider these @tarun @abhishek.balaji @chaitanya.hegde instead of that ather labs where you put out CO2 emissions, money saved etc which can easily be calculated with a simple calculator. I’m not saying it’s useless but those are of less priority. Not to mention wh/km, average speed and projected range can also be calculated pretty accurately without the app. So there’s no point in paying for subscription unless navigation is used extensively.

With all these features added, the premium for connect pro would definitely be worth it.

Guess this should be put under general discussion section of ather 450x

6 Likes

Hi Team ,

The Ather team should provide parental lock feature to setup speed limit control for the vehicle through the app.

Thanks

4 Likes

I can understand the need for a speed limit but why would you need child lock or parental controls? Isn’t it illegal to have kids ride a vehicle that needs a license?

2 Likes

I would like to share my 450x with my wife and son. In view of their safety, I wish to put in a feature request to be able to lock the ride mode to ECO with a password.

Nice to have feature. Please vote up NOW.

++ @abhishek.balaji

8 Likes

This can be called valet mode, there should be option in app to lock the vehicle in the ECO mode. It will be use full while giving the vehicle to others

1 Like