Chennai Experience centre, Wallace Garden Fire incident

News is coming in that Ather Chennai service centre cum Experience centre has erupted in flames, rumours are that 4 scooters have caught fire. Videos are filling in Whatsapp and telegram groups. No further details are available right now.

@tarun @abhishek.balaji

3 Likes

Very concerning, hope no one got hurt. Hope we get to know the cause soon.

2 Likes

Even I’m feeling very anxious. We better wait to hear from the team officially.

4 Likes

let’s hope they actually give the cause of the incident, unlike OLA which said they will explain the root cause of the fire but are still silent.

6 Likes

Hoping nothing serious :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

4 Likes

Hey folks,

Before you hear it from others, there has been a minor fire incident at our premises in Chennai. While some property and scooters got affected, thankfully all employees are safe and things are under control. The experience centre will be operational shortly.

24 Likes

Hi, Abhishek in the busy day, I hope in the coming days Ather releases the Incident report public. so the rumours can be shut clear.

11 Likes

It’s bcz of some external reason or any Ather burn

3 Likes

Someone from Ather Owners WhatsApp group says it is ceiling shot/short circuit

4 Likes

Maybe, but I would actually wait for the actual report for my inner peace :v:.

4 Likes

Yes we need to know the root cause of the incident

4 Likes

@abhishek.balaji

There was a fire in Ather showroom yesterday (May 27). Good to hear that it is minor and everyone were safe.

I believe, as owners of Ather, we should know details of the reason of the fire as this concerns safety of riders. Please update

6 Likes

Hey folks,

We’ve shared an update here: An update on the incident in Chennai

7 Likes

Is this the same scooter which had the accident in Chennai incident?

1 Like

No, 450x has around 168 cells, But the CEO said the fired scooter had 224, that means it’s a older gen 450, BTW that photo is from pune service centre.

2 Likes

450 has more cells than 450x? How?

1 Like

Check this out! It shows how the new 21700 cells are replacing the 18650 in the same form factor.

5 Likes

Maybe the cell type changed to 21700( correct me if I am wrong) so they were able to add more power and range using less cells?

4 Likes

What is this stupidity? If something not clear or need some clarifications, nothing wrong in putting their doubts as a neutral media / journal.

This looks more like a targeted write-up with lot of assumptions.

I had some respect for Plug India :frowning:

3 Likes