Charging Your Vehicle

Hi Ather Team,
My query is related to charging points which you guys are providing to 450 at our homes but most of them are staying in rented houses and some house owners are may not allow to do any changes , Even in my case i have booked 450 and i am staying rented house and my owner will not be going to allow any installation of charging station in that case can you guys reduce the amount from vehicle cost?

1 Like

@ayanahmedhussain, Manyata Tech Park will definitely be very helpful.
We are already in talks with the administration there, let’s keep our fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

@sameerasy7, Ather Grid Points in tech parks are installed so that a good amount of people working there have easy access to the location.
Our objective is to bring more locations closer to the users as much as we can. However, if the tech park does not allow non-employees to access it, we cannot make it a compliance. That said, we are working to make sure there are other locations too close enough for everyone to access.

1 Like

The public locations are not manned. For now, as you said the density of vehicles is not high and customers should not face that problem.

As for the future, we can always add more points to locations where the utilization is high. Each Point can charge one vehicle, and at most locations, we have one point today. AtherSpace and some other locations have multiple Points from Day 1.

Apart from adding more locations, we can implement features that help optimal utilization of the charging location and it does not get hogged up.

We have not implemented them today as there is a lot of learning we as a company have to do about user behaviour. Based on that learning we can roll out features that can help everyone benefit from the network, without too much capital investment.

2 Likes

Ather 450/340 is not designed to draw DC power from other sources than Ather Grid locations. You will not be able to charge the vehicle directly with your solar setup, in case you use an inverter (Which I assume you must be using for house-hold supply), you will be able to charge the vehicle at regular home charging rate.

1 Like

Hey Arahman,

The charging Point isn’t part of the product. It’s something we are giving free to the initial consumers for being early adopters. Hence it has no implication on the product cost. We do want to ensure you have a good charging experience. So even if you cannot install a Point, we will work with you to provide an alternate charging solution.

1 Like

My brother work in manyata
I can confirm most of the area is accessible to all public except for main gate
So this will be helpful for people living around hebbal
Am sure administration will support

2 Likes

My order ID is 1016 and I still don’t have any updates on when the charger will be installed. Are the deliveries happening as per the Order ID? After the initial marketing it looks like the Ather team has gone silent once the bookings are made.

1 Like

did you order a 450 or 340?

so you do not even have your 450(and also the point) yet? I thought the initial deliveries went up to order id 1050 or so.

Please setup charging point at Decathlon Sarjapur. This will cater to a large population.

Someone in the forum mentioned that the charging point is installed for the booking ID 1053 !!

Like I said earlier there is no clarity on how Ather is delivering the bikes. It doesn’t look like they are following the order ID if like you said they delivered till 1050.

1 Like

Also, Hakuna Matata in JP Nagar is a nice place has a wide parking area. Will help if there’s a point installed there.

2 Likes

Saw 3 charging points in Pheonix mall parking but were under the wraps. Nice!!!

5 Likes

Hi @Shreyas … do we have a tentative list of upcoming AtherGrid locations in Bangalore?

I am interested to know in specific that will there be one in Embassy Tech Village, Kadabisanahalli.

1 Like

Hello Ather Team,

Excellent work on the vehicle I would like to appreciate all the hard work that’s gone into creating this wonderful vehicle. There is a news that came across regarding the charging thought to sharing it here. Charging Protocol

Just an heads up if you are aware of this. :grinning:

4 Likes

Checkout Fast changing stations 21 now We can commute pretty much everywhere in the city aegridapp

1 Like

Not many around Kr puram and mahadevapura area.