Changing Stock Tyres

So effectively 1400/tyre less 500 for the old tyre = 900/tyre? Did I get the maths right?

2 Likes

Yes. i paid approx 1900. Your tyres will be more worn out than mine, still since you may have few bikes at once i think u can get the same deal… Keep below 2k

4 Likes

Guys who are getting the Tyre changed from same shop can join together… give the shop guy bulk order try and get some discount… :wink:

1 Like

I have used Bridgestone Battlax tyres before. It was fantastic. Soft tyres with solid grip. However, overall tyre life is less as it is soft.

5 Likes

Sorry if it s a lame question…

Coming from my Wego (stock tyre changed to MRF after 5 years), I am finding Ather 450 has good tyres… What benefits the new tyres will get?

On what usecases these benefits will be noticed? Like wet roads, sudden braking?

1 Like

Instant benefit. Ride cushioning improves. On longer term… No slipping in wet conditions… No tyre screeching

1 Like

My main concern with the current tyres is the poor grip during sudden braking - the back tyre always ends up skidding and screeching. ABS would be a good solution, but failing that, at least better grip on the road.

For me it’s the air leakage. I had my rear tyre replaced due to a puncture and the issue persists. That, combined with similar reports on this forum makes me think there’s an inherent defect in that tyre model. So anything to replace them.

8 Likes

Yes sure… How about the coming weekend?19th…

Would it make sense to put in a larger size? Has anyone one thought about it?

2 Likes

For electric it would matter significantly as even a 1% deviation will change your predicted range and odo significantly. You will need to get the parameters changed at ather if possible. I defer this to ather team. Though my answer is definitely there is a scope for fatter tyres in this wheel well and a plusher ride. But didnt do as i did not wqmt wrong odo

2 Likes

Not really worried about ODO or efficiency. I am.more concerned on whether a fatter tyre ayould fit. The front seems to have sufficient height but I am not sure about the rear, especially with a pillion rider… going over speed breakers and potholes.

To ease coordination of tyre change - created a WA group. If interested in coordinating and doing the tyre change this month, join this group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/IEwKlYgztAC6F9zWd0wmY3

2 Likes

Autovert has confirmed they are OK with our replacing the tyres (for those on a Autovert lease plan)

2 Likes

Just a Heads up for all those who want to change there tyres to Michelin

The manufacturing plant is in Chennai… You may get at cheaper price…

2 Likes

When I checked with Ather team at the time of the delivery about up-sizing the tyres, they said it will void the scooter’s warranty.

1 Like

In that case, I will wait for 3 years/ untill tyre lasts, which ever is earliest, before changing…

2 Likes

Had a bad puncher today near uravashi theater, tyres picked up a blade piece. Puncher was 2cms wide hence puncher plugs were of no use. Had to replace my rear tyre. This was perfect opportunity to change stock tyres to Michelin tyres.

These tyres are very good compared to stock ones. Michelin tyres have deep thread and offer lot more grip than MRF. I tested it buy applying panic breaking it never lost the grip. It’s too early to say but will keep posted. Pics of puncher and new tyres are posted

13 Likes

Let us know if you observe any significant efficiency variation after the change …I am also planning to switch from MRF once the stock ones go bad…needs a bit more grip to get full confidence to ride to the full ability of what the vehicle is capable to do…

2 Likes

I have had michelin for 2 months now… Yes there is efficiency change as the mrfs were super hard and super rolling and would give 100 plus mileage on a charge, these wouldnt…even under the best conditions. on the plus side ride is sofer and doesnt break your back, air leak is minimal and i havent skid once in the entire duration even under harsh rains and breaking. Id take comfort and safety over mileage anyday

6 Likes