Changing Stock Tyres

There are a handful of people who have changed to 80/100 rear and have excellent results.

But read this too…

7 Likes

I have changed the tyre with 100/80/12 Zapper N. Now feeling better confidence in wet roads and cornering.

5 Likes

Changed the rear tyre to JKTyre 100/80 12. Immediately felt the improved ride handling. And the first 15 kms with 24.5 Wh/km. Happy…! :blush::heart:

5 Likes

recently two months back I got a puncture on my back tyre and got it fixed from nearby store but now I’m observing that the pressure falls in the back tyre by 3-4 psi every 4-5 days . but the front tyre has lost only 1-2 psi in 2 weeks. I have to give for general service soon will they change the tyre under warranty or should I contact someone else?

2 Likes

Take your vehicle to any puncture shop and ask them to check for leaks, specifically at the old puncture hole.

4 Likes

Warranty probably won’t cover situations like these. This is a guess.

3 Likes

Im planning to replace only the back tyre with 100/80-12 tyre . I wanted better grip for cornering and braking any suggestions? also if I keep the front tyre stock and the back tyre thicker will it be a problem?

4 Likes

I recently changed my back tyre to MRF Zapper FN 100/80-12. I’d definitley recommend you this tyre. The ride quality has improved a huge deal, gives me more confidence round the corners.

3 Likes

Whats the cost?

2 Likes

₹1850/- for the tyre

3 Likes

that great. But its a front tyre and not for rear

4 Likes

Got my tyre changed at Ather and once i got the vehicle it was filled to 44psi . Should i release the extra or just continue riding and let it come down on its own after some time?

4 Likes

To make the bead set they might have overfilled it, You should let go of the extra pressure to the recommended psi, as it might weak the walls of the tyre.

2 Likes

You can get the same tyres that come with Gen3 as an accessory, but each tyre will cost nearly 4000.

2 Likes

Why would you spent almost twice the money , they are available out side Ather too for far less than 4000

2 Likes

Frankly would say that MRF Zapper (any size) is not made for Ather and doesn’t suit…You can simply go to TVS Eurogrip Remora (or) Michellin which gives quite good results when compared to Zapper…

3 Likes

why tho, i’m curious, why doesn’t it suit Ather

2 Likes

The new Ather specific tyres are designed to fit the Ather ride in all aspects. The aftermarket MRF zappers are not the same as the specific ones by the compound used as well as (maybe) by certain design.

2 Likes

I don’t feel the grip while riding and taking a corner in Zapper whereas my brother who has installed TVS Eurogrip feels to be more grippy. And I have noticed a huge amount of pull during rainy seasons in MRF which can’t be seen in Remora. This makes me think that MRF is not suitable for Ather…

3 Likes

thank you guys, i understand. makes sense

2 Likes