Buy Vs Lease Vs Loan

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I went with this option,

2 Likes

How long did it take for the lease to get approved? I submitted documents on 24th Feb but got an email today-26th feb that approval is taking longer than expected and will hear soon.

2 Likes

Following are my timeline w.r.to lease

• Dashboard updated for payment: 29 Jan 2019 (T0)
  • Lease application submitted : 29 Jan 2019 (T0+ 0day)
  • Lease approval : 30 Jan 2019 (T0 +1day)
  • Payment made : 01 Feb 2019 (₹69800) (T0+3days)

Generally, it should take 3 to 4 days. However, you may please call Autovert if you are struck.

You can write to care@autovert.in or whatsapp or call at 07676217677 or 07676217678 ; they are fast in replying your queries…

1 Like

After how many days was the vehicle delivered after the payment was made? Following is my timeline till today

• Pre-Booking: Tuesday, 05.Jun.2018
  • Initial delivery estimate: Oct-Dec 2018
  • Charging point assessment: Saturday, 16.Jun.2018
  • Revised delivery estimate: March 2019
  • Payment window opened: Friday, 22.Feb.2019
  • Documents submitted for Lease: Saturday, 23.Feb.2019
  • Lease application approved: Monday, 25.Feb.2019
  • Down payment: Monday, 25.Feb.2019
  • Non-Standard Installation payment: Monday, 25.Feb.2019
  • Charging cable payment: Tuesday, 26.Feb.2019

However, I’m facing one glitch. Even after payment, the dashboard says “confirm your order” (see screenshot below). When I say proceed, it takes me to a payment page and it says that the payable amount is 0. Then when I select the Finish button there, it comes back to this same page

I called the Ather customer care and they say that in the back-end the status has moved ahead and installation of the Point will happen soon. They assured me that I need not worry.

Edit: the software glitch is solved and below is what I see now

3 Likes

if I look at your dates, it looks fine to me. As you had non-standard installation, probably this might be the reason for the delay. Be patient :slight_smile: it is just a matter of few more days :sunglasses:

3 Likes
Event Date
Pre-book date June 5, 2018
Original Delivery Month Oct/Nov - 18
Rescheduled Delivery month February-19
Call for payment February 6, 2019
Payment made February 12, 2019
Lease application submitted February 12, 2019
Lease approval February 12, 2019
Assessment/Installation February 17, 2019
Insurance issued February 18, 2019
Call for delivery February 21, 2019
Scheduled Delivery date February 24, 2019 Done ! :slight_smile:
3 Likes

Hope you have also factored in the cost of battery replacement (@5 years) and Out of warranty repairs/parts replacements after 3 years. Additionally the Insurance, electricity reimbursement and Ather subscription if you would be opting for it.

1 Like

Ather3%202years

1 Like

After 5 years, running 30k kms will i have to replace battery?..maybe i will be able to use it with a decent range to commute till it hit 50k kms :wink: …for me its not only about money…i am not convinced with the idea of buying and replacing in the 3rd year itself…feels like a use and throw…maybe a difficultly to come out of an orthodox consumer mentality…:thinking:

4 Likes

In the ather one row for Ntorq and Unicorn, please add service cost of 10000 for 3 years and another 10000 for 3+2 years.

1 Like

Service cost is accounted in maintenance row…not sure about the correctness of the numbers though…

2 Likes

Good one. Just thinking in what mindset I will be when my payment window opens.
Than You.

2 Likes

I feel that lease gives you the flexibility, at the end of 3 years if you feel that strongly about keeping it, it will just cost you 10K.

On the other hand, if you buy and the vehicle doesn’t turn out as expected, you will get stuck with a vehicle that may not be very good and no one wants to buy

2 Likes

I cannot disagree with you :slight_smile:

I think, one can make a right decision after looking at this…

This one is from ICICI insurance website…

3 Likes

Hi Folks - got the email that payment is now open for my A450!

Looking at lease vs. buy and found this thread.

How does the insurance work in case of lease? Who pays for the excess in case of any claims (I assume it’s me) and does the premium (included in the monthly lease costs I assume) go up or does it stay as is?

1 Like

Vehicle insurance is part of lease. However there is a caveat. Only 2 claims (max) per year can be availed. (I feel it is reasonable enough unless we are very unfortunate)

Lease fee is constant throughout the period of lease irrespective of depreciation, number of claims (insurance), etc., etc.

5 Likes

Thanks for the details, much appreciated. I think this pushes me over to the lease for 3 years camp - highest downpayment, lowest EMI and I’m all set for the next 3 years.

4 Likes

Is it possible to pay by cash? If so, do we have to go to the experience centre?