Beta testing for Dashboard Navigation

Applied! Hope I get selected

So Gen2 owners are left with unresponsive dashboard navigation experience?

3 Likes

Why not free beta tasting

Link is not working. It’s showing the error ERR_UNKOWN_URL_SCHEME

1Gb ram just couldn’t be helped i guess

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

U have to access is thru chrome it will work.

They knew hardware limitations of Gen2 then why did they release bloated U.I on 1GB ram hardware? Old U.I was smooth on Gen2. But they released slow unresponsive software now we are stuck with it. If you release something at least make sure that it will work smoothly and is responsive on platform you’re going to release.

That’s sooo true I love the old UI so much I would change back to it don’t need any fancy autohold and all I need the live efficiency indicator Amd on bord efficiency ride status…

2 Likes

New UI forces us to buy the Ather connect only so we could see our ride efficiency plus and other fancy not so practical gimmicks

1 Like

It’s slow and unresponsive on 2GB RAM also, don’t worry :stuck_out_tongue: most of us miss the old ui

without looking at the system apps we dont have idea how Ather has exactly made the UI but the way map crashes just itself or seprate UI elements keep disappearing am thinking its bunch of overlays running over a launcher so lag is obvious as all these feel like are compiled in separate apks

the crippling sd212 cant be helped but Ather should add ram clear or UI reload options in settings to tackle this so user doesnt have to do full reboot for small issues

1 Like

They should have used Linux as base if they’re not using Google Apps Android is already bloated, even without single app. Android as Operating system is definitely not great. Android is surviving just because of apps availability. Its so memory and processing power hungry For linux even 500 MB ram is enough. And can develop Linux app for all their features. Even I can develop all the features they’ve currently in Flutter in 6 months

2 Likes

I don’t know why most of the companies using Android as base. That’s not good move at all. But now bigger companies have identified that, Amazon is now moving away from Android for their TVs and other Smart IoT devices and it’s just start, you’ll see lot companies will shift from Android

1 Like

yah amazon fire TV is a great example(even samsung tizen which can fork android apps if needed),I guess its hard to find devs to code for linux than android and provides better bluetooth compability thats why most companies (even for cars) have built dashboard over it.But its never too late,I know Ather cant switch OS over OTA but it has more resources now than couple years back,even hyundai switched from windows to android for AVN in 2016

1 Like

Is it because it provides an framework and easy to implement? But not so optimised on lower end chips ??

1 Like

Android has GO version for low-end devices.

It’s nothing but just webapps afaik. They lack a lot of functionality and the UI is really basic. No fancy animations and all.

Ola has a fluid Android headunit. Yeah they have better specs, but they have fancier animations too. I guess it’s all about optimising. If my 6 year old iPad 6 with 1.5GB of RAM can run every modern app on iOS 16 very smoothly (and even multitask), I don’t it’s black magic :smiley:

1 Like

Ather be like

optimisation naaa how to gatekeep imp functions and ak mast bahana to tell us and play RTO regularly wala thump card.

1 Like