Battery Health Widget

The feature for Battery Health should be implemented ASAP, so that people will have an idea of whats the real SOC of the battery they are holding in their scooty. Since the charging/drive pattern for each individual differs, they can very well judge on the health of the battery pack and subscribe for the extended warranty. @abhishek.balaji @acorreya wats your take on this feature?? Should we be expecting this in the future updates???

51 Likes

According to Ather( mentioned in the website) battery Health measurement is very unreliable untill the bike has completed 10000 kilometres. Only then can the measurement be close to accurate. Therefore even service center will be able to tell that only after that.

13 Likes

Saw a YouTube video today. Apparently Ather is working on showing it in the scooters itself. Haven’t promised timelines yet

9 Likes

@suraj10620 Showing in apps? Kindly share photo capture. Would like to see.

Indeed it’s a good feature to have, but it’s not been showing up till now. I wish with Stack 5 this will be come.

14 Likes

@prateek4 check out EV Gyaan’s video on Ather Community event.

Timestamp - 7:29

4 Likes

EV Gyan … his name is also Tarun but that’s only a talk we don’t have anything from Ather’s. That’s hearsay" can’t be reliable to quote. Hmm what you say

1 Like

IMO claiming something as substantial as this on a YT video should be backed by something. I strongly believe Ather will add that layer of transparency for battery health.

2 Likes

sadly a lot of YouTubers do not share the same principles… no idea about EV Gyan, haven’t watched him. but I don’t think Ather will be adding that since they clearly state on the website that battery health cannot be accurately measured before 10,000kms! my assumption is that it is easier to measure on phones since we have only a couple cells at max. here, we have way more cells so might be harder to measure.

4 Likes

I think its not possible to do :thinking:

7 Likes

Hello folks - one doubt, After crossing 10000 Km of 450x battery health is 96% within the span of 1year

What do you guys suggest is it good or starting Deterioration - Does any action needed?

2 Likes

That’s really good. Can you tell us your charging split between Grid charging and home charging and average charging percentage (eg: 40-80%)?

How did you know this? Did you apply for Battery certificate? Is that paid option still there?

5 Likes

Once you cross 10k kms, you can ask the SC for battery health report

1 Like

Obviously charging at home Irrespective of any charging The battery has to give the same performance Otherwise, what is the role of BMS

1 Like

Very true Because our mobiles have a health report

Similarly, Ather owners should get to access and check timely battery health

1 Like

So you didn’t do any Grid charging at all?

Role of the BMS is to regulate battery temperature, incoming and outgoing current & voltage, individual cell voltages, etc. I agree about the performance aspect but excessive Grid charging will cause higher battery deg. which is why I asked about the split b/w Home and Grid charging.

3 Likes

Range of kilometres is showing as 90 kms on full charge but Iam getting only 60 to 70 is is true or my vehicle problem Iam using 450s one month back I purchased

I asked the service centre. They are not willing to tell how much % the health is. They just say the battery is ok.

2 Likes

They can’t see % SOC.

Only stuff available is bettery imbalance.

soh % is available in scooter diagnostic menu as well in the software sc guys have to connect to the scooter via CAN bus (my guess about the two wire plug in the storage space)

1 Like