Battery drops immediately from 100 to 98

Hi folks,

My EV is taking very long time to charge from 98 to 100, as I have said it in my previous thread… what bothers me is; this has not happened to me in initial days of charging, Its been just 4 weeks(ODO is 822km)…

And I have also noticed that my vehicle drops to 98% immediately after 300-400 metre ride in economy after 100% charge, which seems unusual to me… Is anyone else facing the same issue like me??

This almost always happens to me. What also happens is if I take it out for 100m and back it’s dropped to 98% and I park it and if I check after a few hours the scooter says it’s back up to 100% even without charging. This is just a quirk of the algorithm build in to measure the energy left in the battery. None of this really affects your rides as such. For example if you ride at 37Wh/Km your range in ride mode will drop by the exact same number of kilometers that you’ve ridden. The Battery percentage indicator is defintely not 100% accurate Because a 2% drop for say even 500m converts to a usage of 48Wh with an efficiency close to 100Wh/Km. Thats obviously not the case

Not saying we can’t get that sort of efficiency, but highly unlikely. So the sudden drop is nothing to worry about.

6 Likes

It’s not an issue actually but it’s just approximation. Please see my below post

3 Likes

Thanks guys :smiley: I have no worries now…