Atherstack5.0

16 Likes

So what does 'by next week" mean?

10 Likes

Hi there!

Gen 2 will also be getting Optimised Charging. As a brand new feature, we are doing rollout in phases starting with Gen 3. If all goes well, this feature will be made available to Gen 2 as well within a few weeks from Gen 3 release.

16 Likes

Hey I haven’t got the 11.1.2 update either for my Gen 3, will that be an issue for getting atherstack 5?

8 Likes

Possible to share the screenshot of your trip so that we can look into this case?

However, will clarify how the algorithm works currently. As another person pointed out, there is currently a limitation of being able to recommend only one grid point. So the algorithm looks for the best public grid that makes the whole trip feasible. For a trip to be possible with this limitation, 2 conditions need to be met: (1) the SoC to reach a grid must be >0 (it is not exactly 0 as we added some buffer) (2) the requirement to charge at the grid to make the rest of the trip feasible should be <100 (this is a straight forward condition as you can’t charge more than 100%)

If the algorithm isn’t able to find any grid which satisfies both the above, the trip is shown as not possible. Having said that, trips can still be possible by charging at multiple grid points or multiple times (such as while going and then while returning). We are evolving the algorithm one step at a time and the team is working on improving the alg to be able to recommend trips through charging at multiple grids. So expect continued improvements on Trip Planner.

11 Likes

Let’s assume destination is B. Starting point is A So the flow would look like A > B > A.

Trip shows charging point from A > B Estimating that I end up with 50% charge left when I reach B, the algo can estimate if 50% charge is enough to reach back to A or not.

Instead of measuring the total amount of charge required for the entire trip, it can measure charge estimation from point to point.

I strongly believe that would he a fair estimate to suggest chargers because

A) You are treating the entire trip into different breakdowns, this makes it easier to estimate time taken (Travel + charging)

B) Speed can also be taken into consideration since A>B can show a real time estimate of how the person is driving, average efficiency, etc. Based on this it can also suggest speed or mode to be driven in for maximum efficiency.

Just a suggestion, please feel free to correct me . :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You are right ,It was there before say like 2 months back the latest updates are missing it

5 Likes

I attended the event but still didn’t get the AtherStack 5.0 update. Probably they installed it on the scooters which were physically present there :thinking:

4 Likes

Nope…Not like that, Eventhough my brother attended the event,the update was pushed to my scooter as my email was registered…May be the mail you have given to them and the mail id in which Ather is registered would be different…

6 Likes

this update increase the speed or range aur this is only the theme change update

4 Likes

UI+hillhold+optimized charging+trip planner+maps the only changes in the update. No speed/range update

6 Likes

I was there with my Gen3 Ather but didn’t get the update yet.

6 Likes

It was pushed to the scooters that were there. After i parked, Ather people were taking up the vehicle registration number and their Generation details. By the time i came back to return home they have put the tag that update has been pushed to my scooter.

8 Likes

My Vehicle was in Tumkur and it was updated before I even reached home. So its not just for physical presence of vehicles. Its for all who registered and code scanned attendees.

9 Likes

Feedback on AtherStack5.0 UI.

• The UI is virtually unreadable under bright sunlight due to color scheme and thin/tiny fonts. Earlier UI was easily readable at glance but now you need o take couple of seconds of focus to get info which not good for riding. Though during low sunlight under shadow the UI looks brilliant.
  • Charging percentage not visible when charger plugged in. we need percentage of charge back on charging screen.
  • I wish Smart charging to be incorporated into Gen 2 Vehicles as well.
  • Red Halo algorithm was super intuitive to maintain efficient riding which is missing in new UI.
  • Love the maps display and UI navigation Gestures. A big thumbs up to this change.
9 Likes

It’s mean ui change nothing special :wink:

1 Like

I have gen2 450x when come to new version stack 5.0 .i don’t have show udate i watting

7 Likes

The previous UI was very intuitive and easy to understand, as cool as the new UI is, the size and shape of the fonts makes it more like a mobile app, focussing on sleekness more then providing information. Hopefully they fix the issues like increasing font size and changing the color scheme etc. The wings will probably be just a learning curve we’ll get used to though.

13 Likes

Under the settings change brightness bar to the last.

4 Likes

Is that the same even in Light mode? I know dark mode won’t be the best under sunlight

2 Likes