Atherstack Cylon - 10.3.0 - SmartEco

Just received the notification about the update. Haven’t updated it since charge is low. Will update later today after charging

1 Like

They will be rolling out the update with a patch, hence taking a bit longer. Users have been reporting to be receiving since couple of days, should expect it some time soon.

1 Like

Got the update today. The update was smooth. The feature on dashboard was available only after shutdown and restart while it was already active / chosen in the app.

App still shows last mode even when chosen smart eco. Need to check that later

TPMS is still not reflecting over dashboard. Issue since last 10 days. Thought to an issue with upcoming update readiness. Will check again after sometime

3 Likes

I also got the update today, it was a bit of a bumpy experience. First I had to restart to get the Smart Eco option in my settings. For sometime after the update, the scooter was not syncing with my App and App was showing blank data. But after a hard reset, it got fixed. After that, I tried to enable Smart Eco option in the scooter. But it was walking me through the screens for enabling Smart Eco, even after I click Accept it was not getting enabled. After trying 2-3 times, I got fedup and started on a trip. After about 5-10 mins when I checked, I saw that Smart Eco was enabled. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hey there, I had the same issue with my 450x and went to the local Ather Space to rectify the issue they were unknown to the issue as it was a new showroom out here in my city so they forwarded the complain and even after 2 weeks they were not able to find the issue is happening from where 1st they blamed me of having the name edited in my Ather account in the forum later they asked me to change my password and share the password with them and they will look into the matter I did so having trust on them but again they blamed me to open 2 three Ather forum account due to which this conflict started to happen and then later after 3 weeks they found that their was a technical error due to which the app was unable to synchronise with the vehicle and the issue got rectified lastly but but but yes I had to face few more issues.

1st was the documents that I uploaded on the app and that was vanished from the dashboard (not once but twice this happened) again I re-uploaded the documents and I personally don’t think that the documents are safe on the app coz if I upload any personal picture else than the vehicles documents than its the issue and everything gets earsed but still I will try to see again if that happens again or not will report here if the thread is open to reply than only else the moderators closes all the thread after the solution is given and final. I guess our personal documents uploaded are not safe and is transparent from the other side of Ather forum which can be leaked.

2nd issue was the Atherstack Cylon 10.3.0 for the SmartEco mode which it seems to heat up the motor if applied full throttle in plains (road) and thus the cooling fan starts which unfortunately drains down the battery :battery: say 5-6% down and feels like we are into Ride mode draining battery, I never ever got true mileage of 85kms its all false claim by Ather fooling their loyal customers/owners becoz one should think that SmartEco says true mileage and it came lately after our purchase where as in the showroom they say 85kms is its true mileage during purchase wheen even their was no SmartEco mode introduced or in the OTA update, so this proves that the mileage is fake… I ride everyday to office and back to home covering nearly 35kms roughly and I end up using battery of upto 48% in RIDE Mode in the plain roads and crossing flyover I toggle down to SPORTS mode don’t even touch Wrap mode (since purchase say once in a bluemoon I do enjoy the wrap mode) so this is the issues I face with the new update.

3rd issue is like I let the vehicle charge throughout the night for 6 hours the charger remain turned on and after 6 hours it gets turned off with my Home Automation system so thag the vehicle doesn’t get any more power supply after 6 hours after its fully charged I even receive notification on my smartphone nearly at 2am every night and the power socket connected to the home automation system disconnects the power supply and the next morning when I turn my 450x I find that the the charge has gone down to 95-96% even after shutting down the 450x from the dashboard by the command shutdown and turn the key off. I even tried to find the same by Enabling / Disabling the Incognito mode which even proved to give the same result. ( Note: in Incognito mode the dashboard gets disconnected from the 4G connection and behaves as Flight Mode which then completely usages not battery but still the draining of battery percentage is happening why ?

Hope someone intelligent from the Ather group answers me to these issues as mentioned.

1 Like

Hi Vikram, trying to respond to your message in regards to the Cylon update bit.

Revving up full throttle in SmartEco will result in the cooling fan kicking in, which is quite obvious.

I’m really not sure if you quite fully understand the concept of “True Range” and “SmartEco mode”. The SmartEco mode just optimises the performance available real-time to keep your efficiency under 30wh/km, which assures you will get the TrueRange* . The SmartEco mode basically does the smart work of tuning your performance without the need to change modes, or worry about range.

You can achieve True Range or better range if you know how to ride efficiently. If you ride aggressively, even Eco Mode won’t get you decent range. I’d suggest you spend some time reading this thread How to get good range , would help you understand how you can get better efficiency.

9 Likes

I got the update but it’s still same there is no changes in smart eco mode it’s go last 40 speed andits tacking time for charge in simple words Speed is 40 Charging time increase

1 Like

I think the company is not eligible for provide the correct range so that’s why they are providing the smart eco mode but the mode is useless

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji got the update yesterday and it was a successful update. Yesterday I went in single and it was quite good. I can’t achieve upto 50kmph without red halo and I could reach the place in same as usual. But today when I tried it with a pillon, it struggled. Even when I cross 30kmph it was giving beep sound. And one more thing… I could feel handle bar is very lossen when I change to smart eco

3 Likes

Might be because of the weight factor in play.

2 Likes

No bro… tried with both eco and sports same time . I feel stiff when I change to sports

2 Likes

Guys I feel smarteco mode has more pickup then normal eco mode. Are u guys experiencing something similar?

3 Likes

Me too… I always ride on sports mode . But now for past 2 days i using smart eco only… it can go easily more than 50kmph… but it is good for single only…

2 Likes

Finally got the update today too, like others. Everything went smooth. Zero issues uptil now. Updated smoothly. Need to test it to see how it performs in real world!

Ignore the efficiency, I ride my heart out, when I do on warp mode. On paddock stand.

3 Likes

In continuation, there is lot of different when I drove in smart eco in morning and night. Morning with pillon, I can’t even drive 50 mts,. Beep sound was coming and blue light was half way all the time… but in the night by 9pm I took the same road with same passager, it actually behaved differently… i could drive 14 kms without beep sound… @abhishek.balaji

3 Likes

Is that 450 plus or x

1 Like

450x Series 1

3 Likes

Update happened smoothly. Will update more once I take the scooter for a longer spin

2 Likes

Update came and I updated and had noticed one thing not sure why, but the dashboard fan started working direct after update installed even though scooter was placed under shade… I took it for a peaceful ride and it actually never went from blue to red and the efficiency was 24wh/km according to stats. even the battery soc indicator was accurate so no problems there. it actually gives way better pickup for overtaking than original eco mode which Is one reason why I didn’t use eco mode at all earlier but now it has changed completely…

4 Likes

Everytime the bike gets shutdown and restarted, the SmartEco option gets disabled and again you have to enable it from the system. @abhishek.balaji can you fix this?

1 Like