AtherGrid Locations

Commercial license is required when people are engaged in selling product/service on premise (including parking). I do not think community service requires re-zoning. Ather legal can check that (I guess they have the legal folks to check for business models that do not violate private property limitations). My experience with the startup nature of India has been, there’s always impediments, but there are models around them too.

Lastly, Ather is known as Ather energy not Ather scooters and motorcycles India Ltd. They need to work on innovative use cases to justify the energy tag. With Bajaj and TVS and now Honda making scooters and motorcycles, the first mover advantage is closing. No matter how big a lead is … sun has set even on the Roman empire

4 Likes

My previous comment on commercial license requirement was based on Ather’s comment in open house. As of now they have not found out ‘work around’ to use private community charging.

Well said, I agree fully.

To be fair, they did start off as a battery solutions company before switching to EVs as a product.

BBMP would require a trade license and BESCOM would require that you pay commercial rates for power usage.

The other challenge would be the pricing based on the tariff slabs. A fixed price would only work if either the owner loses money on the cost of charging or makes a profit because he can’t bother to change the price every time the consumption moves into a different tariff bracket.

I could also be totally wrong about this!

This idea just came to me today while I was sitting in office😂. Why is Ather Charging Network called ather gird? I thought maybe “AtherNet” would’ve been cooler😂 like “Ethernet”… Just a thought😁

8 Likes

The word might have stuck from the electric “grid” we have all around. Maybe Ather has of it’s own electric grid vision. And maybe Ather Net be another infrastructure for future! :smiley:

1 Like

Banaswadi patio cafe charging station location is not showing in the app?

Hey Patio Cafe is currently not operational and hence we’ve removed it form the App. Once they start resuming operations, we’ll add it back.

South Chennai is poorly served for Ather Grid charge points. In fact our 450 has not been connected by us to the Ather Grid at all. It would be useful only if there’s a charge point within 3km from our residence. What’s the trouble in Ather tying up with the Oil majors for providing charge points at gas stations? Tesla’s success is primarily because they provided the charge infrastructure to make their cars almost as easy to charge (fuel) up as ICE vehicles.

2 Likes

We would be glad if Ather Charging Point gets installed here at Frazer Town as i had seen couple of Ather Scooter moving in this locality. Hence please do consider the request as Ulsoor Lake Point which is nearby our point is not in working condition.

Ather @tarun announced in Feb meeting that more Charging points will come in South zone at Taramani, Sholinganallur, Thoraipakkam in addition to Madras square this year. They maybe delayed due to lockdown situation but instead of depending on Grids alone, it will be better if Ather can provide a Fast charging Portable charger for sales though it maybe costly. This will be exact need of APC in general and your idea of tieup with ICE fuel bunks (like Shell/Essar) for charging points is another solution @abhishek.balaji for our Grids.

3 Likes

This is a good news to tie-up with a big retail chain…

A little disappointing as per this

1 Like

Don’t worry, Chennai and Bangalore will still get lots of Ather Grid love. What this means is that when we’re looking to install an Ather grid point in a location, we now have the option to speed up the process by using one the Sangeetha Mobiles retail locations.

2 Likes

This is true, Tesla’s success does make a difference but ather should make sure to install chargers only in the premio bunks like shell/reliance as they have stores where we could pass time and every person filling petrol will burn looking at the vehicle charging :joy:

2 Likes

Dear Abhishek,Does it also apply to Sangetha Mobiles in Kolkata as well?

What’s special/different about Sangeetha Mobiles of Kolkata? It’s a Pan-India agreement that Ather and SM have signed, Kolkata is very much part of India, it’s a new city for Ather…so ticks all the boxes. Sorry If I’m missing something but want to understand from where you are coming from.

1 Like

By the way why are you answering my query? I had mentioned the name whom to answer. Don’t be very oversmart.

@umesh.garnaik: FWIW, @hemanth.anand is a moderator on the forum and has been nominated by Ather as an authority to respond on topics being discussed here :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is the beauty of a Community Forum. It’s a platform for discussion by every one and not a place for just two people to chat with one another.

Read the Community guidelines in the link below. Especially point number 5 https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/community-guidelines-read-before-posting-on-ather-forum/47

If there is something specific to Sangeetha Mobiles of Kolkata compared to others because of which you have a question, do let everyone here know. If you do not wish to share, you may choose to ignore my question too.

1 Like