AtherGrid Locations

Yellow submarine on Bannerghata road, I’m low on charge and came here to charge, they’re telling me there’s no charging spot there, what on Earth? Where’s the charging spot?

Edit: Found it, it’s in the basement which is accessible a road away. Just a heads up, the super market people out front are saying “they’ve moved the charger” which threw me off.

3 Likes

Low on charge and someone saying charger has been moved…a bad situation to be in! Good that you finally found it. Can you please post a photo of the charger location…it will help others.

2 Likes

Sadly I have already left, but I can give specific details, it’s in the basement parking under Vishal supermarket / yellow submarine (they share the building). You access the basement by taking left on Bannerghata road and going about 50 meters, the basement is through a down ramp on the left. Once you enter the basement parking, it’s to the left, hard to spot, so you need to look carefully.

4 Likes

Hi @frozenprakash - CCS2 and CHAdeMO are globally accepted connector standards for vehicles which are on a 150v or above platform. In other words they are good for cars and buses. Almost all 2-Wheelers are built on a 48 or 72 volt platform, they cant charge from a CCS2 or CHAdeMO charging system directly. If anyone were to build an adapter between these voltage platforms, that would be so EXPENSIVE and huge, that people would not buy.

Tesla is in the same voltage platform as supported by CCS, which means they just have to bridge the “Communication Protocol” problem and even then it costs 190$ (INR 13.5K).

3 Likes

Thanks for the info @nishant.dk

The primary reason for these needs are due to slow charging Home & Portable Charger. If at least Ather would provide a Portable fast charger (3 kW), it would be really helpful for Owners on the move.

As you mentioned, 3 kW portable charger gonna be quite bulky, but is there any way to shave as much weight as possible and make it usable like the one Ultraviolette Team had designed ?

2 Likes

Hi @frozenprakash - designing a sleek 3kW charger is not difficult, but it is also not cheap. Then comes the most important question, do majority of users need this fast charging portable charger and what price are they willing to pay for it? Also this portable fast charger would require a 15A socket, how easy is it to find one, when you really need it? These are some points because of which Ather has decided not to make one for now. Instead we are focusing on upgrading the Ather Grid and with the 450X you can charge much faster.

I guess you are right in saying that 2021 will be interesting, if more and more EVs come on the road, the CI business will start making financial sense and the market will drive a standard for 2W EV charging, but it is highly unlikely for CCS2 to be chosen as the standard for 2W EVs, just from a cost perspective.

8 Likes

Game Changer - not in Yelahanka.

The Game Changer MSR, Gokula Extension, Behind MS Ramaiah Choultry MS Ramaiah, Building, North Main Road, HMR Layout, Mathikere, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560054

can you share or link i want to buy adapter call me 9164056777

Recently during the Chennai Open house event, we were informed and promised that 4 new grids by Feb end, and 4 more by Mar end. Can we know the status, We only have 9 operating in chennai! and No new grids yet!!

If anyone want to quickly search a grid in Google map, Kindly use this public list to locate without searching.

Ather public charging grids (Chennai) - 10 locations athergridschennai.frozenprakash.com

I'll also update the.. Status of the grid (Live / inactive), Operating hours, Cost (in case of malls) etc…

Wow, nice! But use the Ather app to check the status of the Grid point always before navigating there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Yeap definitely, problem is most of the time, when the app has gone to loading status, we can’t use any of the functionality of the app, it completely freezes.

Also during past week cloud problem, even the Ather grid app was showing all green, even when i am charging in grid.

So if at all anyone want to use Google map to quickly navigate, they can use this list.

One more point to add is, When we search simply Naturals, or to be specific even Naturals Tnagar, there are tonnes of places popping out in google map, there is even two in same street, to avoid those confusions, this list will come as a quick solution : )

1 Like

Hey thanks for flagging this, we’re updating the address on the Ather App for this, to make it easier to discover.

1 Like

You may consider merging Ather Grid app with main Ather app for Ather owners. There is no need to have two separate apps for Ather owners.

The Ather Grid app is of no use to Ather Owners, since you can view the Ather Grid status and start navigation from the Ather App.

Since other EVs can also charge at Ather Grid locations, they can use the Ather Grid app to start a charging session.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji, Ather Team…pls confirm Us, when the New Grids will start working in Chennai as announced in Open House meet.?

We are in need of a Grid in Ambattur area of Chennai, as we are more than 20 Owners here and there is no other Point in West Chennai on CTH Road. Kindly do a quick look on Ambattur area Grid for our West side Owners.

Ather grip at electronic city is not working

@abhishek.balaji please check

Please call support and log a ticket. As mush as we would like to, Abhishek will not be checking every post in the forum all the time.

The best way to report issues as @raghav.srinivasan mentioned, if by calling support or logging it through the app. The Ather Grid team does check the the tickets logged and they’ll resolve it.

2 Likes

Fab Cafe kenchenahalli not working? always show 0 Please confirm any one.

Sure i will from next time onwards.