AtherGrid Locations

Temple tower in on Mount Road, Nandanam Signal

HI @yash.varma, We establish the grid only in the serviceable area, but we keep increasing the serviceable area as and when number of vehicles increase in an un-serviceable area. We will visit the team from the “The Farm” and explore the area near SIPCOT again in November, but currently its not serviceable.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for responding.

Hey you can ask them to reach out to the Grid team to take this forward.

athergrid@atherenergy.com

More details here: https://www.atherenergy.com/grid

So, as per understanding, will there be a possible extension of the serviceable areas in November for chennai?

1 Like

Not 4 km away from a Point.
now in Chennai 30 days old.
NO growth in grid points above 10 numbers.
when more grid points are coming?
if a person travel form Tiruvottiyur to OMR , there no grid points in this routes.
update of areas of chennai Tiruvottiyur, Tondiarpet, George Town, park town, mount road government estate, triplicane, santome ,mylapore , nandanam, saidapet, guindy,
this areas i know pretty well so i have given my info
hope ather owners in chennai also give there info of areas
help ather team to come up with useful grid points.

please note i am not saying that i need grid points on above areas,
i have given info of areas only , ather team is well educated then me and they have big research team to do the job.
LIKE THIS EXAMPLE I GIVE ATHER GRID @ AMPA SKYWALK AND NEXT GRID IS AVAILABLE IN JUST 2.9 KM @ SOUL GARDEN BISTRO
see i like this grid , something more interesting they come up so nice it will be.
it will take time for more grids to come in chennai.
Happy Riding my chennai ather owners and wishing you all happy
1 month of Bike

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Charging Station (Non Ather)

Placing a grid needs a lot of geographical / economic / connectivity hub / population density data etc.,
kindly do not install on random locations without any study about City’s geography,

Proper future Ather Grid geo locations in Chennai:

1. Pallavaram-Thoraipakkam 200 ft Road
  2. Chrompet
  3. Near One India Bulls Park, Ambattur (Largest IT Park in North Chennai)
  4. Near Tidel Park or Ascendas, Taramani (Largest IT Park in Central Chennai)
  5. Siruseri (Largest IT Park in South Chennai)
  6. Sholinganallur
  7. Vandalur (Southern most part of the City)
  8. Mamallapuram (southern most point in ECR)

Ather already did a great job in installing grids on two malls in Chennai, namely Vijaya Forum mall and Skywalk, this should be also extended to Phoenix & Express Avenue malls.

Installing grid doesn’t make much of capital cost, so kindly install around 5 Ather grid with 4 charging bays each between Chennai and Bangalore, So Intracity rides would be a possibility.

Today it might just be a scooter, soon Ather might start producing electric bikes as well as Cars in distant future, at that time, all these proper ground infrastructure will make sense.

5 Likes

Charging station installed by BESCOM

at kr circle is functional. Yalahanka Station opposite to Yalahanka police station needs inauguration.

3 Likes

I think somebody forgot to inform the people working or visiting there that parking their ICE bikes in front of the charger is not going to improve mileage or reduce tailpipe pollution.

7 Likes

it is still not functional yet, enquired with staff someone back but they aren’t aware of tentative time it will start working

btw these are list of bescom offices which have same setup!

only first one is working at the moment

7 Likes

Sir,
This snap belongs to yalahanka n its not working.

Yeah all key locations. I also request @Ather.Team to install multiple chargers at existing locations for the time being.
There a lot of riders in Chennai already now, and we can’t be telling them all the time that we’ll be using a certain point and that they shouldn’t plan to come to that spot for charging at that time

1 Like

Are these even compatible with Ather?
There’s also one similar thing like this in Chennai

these are for 4 wheeler ev’s

there is no standard protocols for 2 wheeler ev’s for charging…

hope government is working on it

but you can manage to charge from this industrial outlet

which will be available in these stations

if you have one of these

few of those stations also have 5a and 15a plugs

4 Likes

@Ather.Team Yes i already waited on Guindy @Works Ather charger last time i went, kindly install at least 3 chargers at all existing grids in Chennai.

2 Likes

These will probably get inaugrated by the first week of December.

1 Like

Almost all places in Bangalore still have a single point. Considering the number of athers on the road here in Bangalore. I wonder when they decide to up the number of chargers at each point.

1 Like

There are no charging points in basavangudi at all. Even after 2 year’s. Is there any planning for setting up charging points here or ather forgotten about user’s in basavangudi?

1 Like

I understand that sometimes things get delayed. But you said the Orion point will be up in 2 weeks, and that was 3 and a half months ago. :confused: Any update on that?

3 Likes