Ather seat mods

Hi guys. I’ve had my Ather for 2months now. Clocked 2000Km.
I had a few issues with the seat at first and I thought I’ll get used to it or I’ll manage. But now I feel it’s time I get it changed or do something about it.
I understand a few of you have done so. So I was wondering what are all the options and what’s the best way to go about this.

I got this done at about 3500km and I’ve driven with these new padded seat for more than 1500+kms. I am 6ft+ and the added height has been a great advantage for me. However, with the added height I tend to lean forward more on the handle bar and hence more body weight on my palms.

1 Like

Hey could you review your seats now? It’s been a few months since you got it done. Like the comfort. And as compared to before. Because as of now. There are times my gluts hurt within minutes on the saddle and and sometimes after maybe 8-9 KMS. How has it improved? I visited the store you recommended. And he said he will only increase the height. Also how much did you pay for this?

1 Like

3 words - Absolutely Worth it! No more slipping and sliding and I no longer loose sensation on my back side after a 10min ride. It also helped since I am taller and the increased ride height makes it better.

The cushion added seems to have softened slightly so I may switch to a gel pad in a few months

1 Like

even I’m thinking of changing seat altogether. if i add padding, my wife/sis will not be comfortable since they are 5’3 and I’m 5’11.
original seat cover is super grippy and it makes crouch area very uncomfortable, whenever i stop i stand up and side my pants downward. this is very irritating.
let me know if anybody has some suggestion

1 Like