Ather Grid Points In Pune

Hello fellow Atherites. It’s been noted that some customers are fighting or creating nuisance, abusing hotel staff, valets at Ather grids. Examples are Kalinga, Kalyan bhel, Copacabana and some other.

It’s been informed to Ather staff from grid hosts if this continues, they will be forced to decommission the grids.

We all understand the frustration of customers in case of emergency, but this is not the way to react. Hosts also face multiple challenges from public. They also have their own buisness to look after and it gets difficult sometimes to give attention at grid points functionality and parking space.

So please maintain decorum at grids.

Because of some customers, everyone should not suffer.

5 Likes

Thanks for highlighting. This is serious and people must understand that hosts are doing us a favour my allowing the grid to be installed. They are in no position to influence or fix any issues and any suggestions or disputes must be raised with Ather directly.

A lot of us are helping Ather to find more hosts in Pune and such incidents don’t help the cause.

3 Likes

Wonder why @abhishek.balaji has never bothered to reply to anyone’s posts since the time this post started.

2 Likes

We want Ather charging points in Pune at Airport road Vimannager & in Wagholi as well

5 Likes

Add Eshanya Mall in Shastri Nagar, Yerwada

4 Likes

We want another charging point in kothrud…near Woodland Apartment…

1 Like

How to raise ticket through app, and which app are you referring here?

1 Like

You can do it via the Ather App, chat bot option.

2 Likes

Your idea is great u study well Ather plz do something about

1 Like

A normal sight these days at Ather Grids in Pune. This one is at Barista/Subway Ather Grid at Sahakarnagar. I guess it’s time for Ather to add more than one Ather Grid point wherever possible, as existing grids have queues regularly.

Owners need to understand as well that Ather Grids are to be used for emergency charging and not for normal charging. Fast charging frequently affects battery health adversely.

9 Likes

Actually, there is huge conflicting information on this. Even Ather said in one of the interviews which said even with fast charging the battery will not degrade below 80% in 5 years. But still hoarding the charger because it’s free should end. Ather should start charging money for the usage of these chargers only after that this will end.

1 Like

actually making these chargers paid is not a solution to this as one Ather ceo told its a very small percentage who uses the grids and that will make it decrease even more but there can be one solution of making the grid free for 0-80% and after 80% will be paid which might solve a lot of problems … any opinions on this …

3 Likes

I think you are trying to say that Ather is very less in numbers and charging via grid is less?, those points CEO made is 3 years back, when i initially owned Ather there where only 3 Ather in my entire area, now there are 6 Ather just in my office street. Those data points are now irrelevant. If company starts charging atleast 2 cities like Bengaluru and Chennai to run trails of how it goes we can see how people respond and stop abusing the free grid.

Ps this is a photo from Coco jaunt Chennai where someone broke the locking tab, I’m pretty sure this was a deliberately done so anyone any unplug if owner is not around

4 Likes

They have to start charging some way at some point. Unlimited free is the problem.

You can limit it like:

• Number of sessions / month
  • Duration of the session
  • Free until 80%

Years back, when parking was free, people used to abuse it by leaving it on weekend when they were travelling. When free, expect abuse by a % of people which will cause inconvenience to the rest.

4 Likes

Also, they can immediately do it in next OTA that on grid if Ather is 80% charged it will release the magnetic lock… so the waiting person can use it for unattended charging athers…

3 Likes

Capping the number of free sessions should solve the problem for managing rush at grid as considering the range Ather gives people like me hardly use it considering the travelling but need it free as we use it once in year that too in emergency use case

1 Like

There are no chargers in Baner Balewadi Pashan Sus Aundh Bavdhan The closest chargers for us is almost 8-9 km from Baner And that too most of the time are under maintenance and even the Ather space now turn it off at night after 9pm