Ather Grid Blockage - Almond House SD Road Hyderabad

Hello Mr.Electrical Engineer,

Who wants which Products you are using, if you want me to give the list of apple products i am using I can provide.

Its not about arguing or fighting, the discussion here is about blockage of Grids. The grid is common for all the users and its a common property for all the ather users. Everyone has right to charge at ather grid.

If everyone thinks like you, then in a day only 12 to 15 people can charge at single grid. What if a person who is running out of battery and in urgent need of charge.

7 Likes

I vouch for this. Why not unlock when reach 80%, if someone is in real need atleast other Vechile already has 80% charge. Can be good suggestion.

6 Likes

Definitely. I’ve already applied for an electric :zap: Dedicated connection. Yet to receive it.

Maybe you will sell your phones and personals to buy any new item, but I won’t.

Definitely I will provide all installation pics and video in the Plug-in India group. Be a member to read along with the entire India :india:

1 Like

Ms. Young lady (Or) Mrs. Super women geetashalinip,

It is you started argument with my wife and in this forum. My wife gave an example of an iPhone :iphone:as it’s the best and expensive in comparison with Ather also best and expensive in this range. This is the expensive EV scooter :motor_scooter: in India similar to iPhone. Not to show off.

My wife gave her number to you upfront if anyone face any difficulty immediately she will come and resolve then and there. But you published that number in this group. Do have a dare to publish your personal information in this group. But you did this to others.

This message is from my wife:

“Hi,

I gave my number to you that if any emergency for you to charge, I will come and remove the bike for you to Charge. Ok.

If you have guts, talk to me directly on iPhone discussion or any other discussions. Don’t make fun in groups. Nowadays no one cares who got iPhone and who got China Phone. You are a kid 19years teenager mind set

I’m Female/34+ Yoga Teacher with 2kids International level.

You scared of me. Don’t worry. Be cool. Still I’m ready to defend your silly discussions.”

Back to Sudhir:

We are always happy to find a solution or helping others in a polite manner. If they start making fun of us, we will definitely defend it.

Even we are happy if @Arun Mehta unlocks this SoC @80%

Moreover we educated many standing/queuing owners that after reaching :100:% that Charger automatically unlocks.

From then afterwards many owners didn’t get any issues.

Do you know nearby available chargers online or offline status in Ather App. And also in Grid App. You better check before leaving for any grid.

Don’t worry. The day Ather starts charging money, such idiots will be gone. And yes, Ather should start charging money now & that too on time & kW based together. :blush:

10 Likes

Mod note: please keep the discussions respectful. No personal attacks please!

Read the Forum rules for more details:

No one is making fun of other persons here in groups, this is the problem facing by 8 to 9 Ather users who is using the grid as far as I know. There may be more persons who are not in whatsapp group facing the similar issues with your bike.

I have started the discussion here to let Ather knows what’s happening at Ather grids because of blocking the grids on daily basis.

Please ask your wife before posting here, she gave your number (its not her number) to contact you and that’s the reason I have posted here as so many who are from hyderabad and not in whatsapp group can have your contact details if there is any issue with your bike.

If it is your wife number I might not have shared because, we have a decency and won’t share girls/ladies numbers to unknown persons.

Also, please check that the same number you have also replied to my post for contacting you. No one is scared of you and I repeat we are here not to fight or argue with each other. We are discussing here only to resolve the issues.

3 Likes

We can argue all day and no solution can be provided , no one needs to be afraid of any other human being , just like we share the resources on this planet we tend to share the Ather grid among respected owners , the owner has shared his number the next person who wants to contact can use his number to call him/her to disconnect the charger for next user.

But we all can please refrain from other things. Lighter note: with new cities all the new owners will experience this sort of issues now .

3 Likes

I agree. Our intention was never to fight. We have been having discussions about your vehicle for over a month in the group. We didn’t just show up here to degrade you or your wife. Several members from the community even tried explaining it to you that you can’t just hog the grid all the time, but to no avail.

The grid is primarily for people who are in need of a quick top up to reach their destination where they can full charge. I’m sure there are a lot of average users who are not in the group nor on the forum who haven’t gotten a clue about the situation nor your number to get in touch with you to ask you to move the vehicle.

Like any public utility, it belongs to all of us as a community. Hope you can respect that and help others use the charging station. There might be a genuine urgency for someone to get a quick top up and they don’t have the time to wait for you to come move your vehicle.

8 Likes

Definitelyw @rajkumar.mishra2010 bro. Then we can pay what ever it charged and no one will talk nonsense in these groups. They are bullying us.

They want any solution, think in a resolution manner. Not to argue and waste valuable time of ours

1 Like

I have always felt that FC shouldn’t be located within the city. It should be strategically placed so that its not close to anybody’s house. Hence, it should be mostly located on highways or roads connecting to highways. Ather grid can be a great marketing tool within the cities as it creates good curiosity among passers by. But in terms of practicality, they don’t make sense. We should encourage (somewhat force) people to charge at home. I don’t know why don’t companies/ aspirants just copy paste Tesla’s approach. “Khud ka deemag lagana jaroori nahi hai har cheez main…:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:” Look at xpeng they just copy paste mostly (except lidar) & they are doing pretty good.

1 Like

Wow 20 replies in 3 hours. This thread is flying.

This happens a lot with owners and grids. Definitely when its paid it will go away. In Chennai at Anna Nagar cocojaunt charger i have seen a owner who was arguing saying 5:30 to 6:30 is his time as he chargers daily in that time after that he will go to home or something like that :joy:. At that time even 100% unlock was not present. Some owners wait, some people put a note with contact details on a Post-it. Sometimes we use our owners group to trace the person

Unlock at 80% should be a feature. If anyone needs full 100% charge for their ride they will wait for it to happen or put a note that remove only after 100% Due to long trip. But there is another problem with that if i have 70% charge and i have paid for 1 hour so that i can get 100% charge for my ride. Someone can unplug at 80%. In next 10-20 mins. Maybe ather can set an option to unlock at full or when the payment time is over (when payment is necessary). Now when grid points are less and its free to use, solenoid unlock at 80% and it continues charging till 100% if no person removes charger. But there is another issue of saftey because even after 80% power supply is continuing and is not stopped like in the case of 100% charged and solenoid unlock :thinking: :expressionless: :confounded:

3 Likes

What about personal grids at home,is that possible ,yes let them charge 30-50k many owners can afford it and aren’t concerned about battery life and only concerned about convenience,does it need a 3 phase connection?

Hi Harsha,

I have tested the unlock feature at an ather grid when there is no one waiting for charging. On that day, after 2 minutes of reaching 100% I observed in the display that the status went from “charging” to “Initializing” and then the lock release sound was heard. And then again it has changed the status from “Initialization” to “Charging” but I didn’t received the status as “completed” on the dashboard.

I have removed the charger directly at that time to check if is coming without key and it worked.

This indicates that even if it is charging we can remove the plug unless the charger is locked. Will it creates any issues if we remove the connector in between? I am not sure may be I don’t think something will happen if we remove directly.

Ather can charge per top-up,in kw/hr for instance if you top-up 10% in Fast charging and then your charger went into slow mode kw/hr won’t make a difference, since they are already calculating and sending us the Home unit and grid units consumed in the monthly log, charging accordingly won’t make a difference that way it will be unit-based and not time-based.

This will benefit the users since their charges will be very limited and even if someone interrupts the charging your money will not get wasted

2 Likes

In Ather 450 it shows “charging now” even at 100% for few minutes and later when it shows “charging completed” power supply stops and solenoid unlock happens.

Its similar to pulling out from a 3 pin socket when the switch is still ON, But safest way is to turn off the switch and then remove the 3 pin socket. we don’t know if it is a big problem but Ather will consider safe methods right when live power is involved

1 Like

I think Grid setup cost will be between 1 to 3 lakhs

Yes its possible for Ather vehicles, current system of setting timer in grid app is intented for other ev. Ather can setup something like a wallet for Ather owners were we can buy minutes for charging using Ather credits or money and use grids based on it we can either set how many minutes/percentage charge required in app and auto cutoff afterwards or simply Ather can calculate minutes between plug in and plug out and charge based on it, so Ather owners can have best experience while using grids with payment

I’ll tell you the problem here is ather will loose in that last 80+% as the charging tike is more and it can charge another scooter from 0-50% till then as the time consumed will be same but units draws different and thus more profit for ather with the second vehicle,I amnt sure what ather is going ,will see in September or if they postpone in March 22 but with all these flaws it still remains the best from a customer point of view to charge on kWh basis but for a company time wise is best for its profit

As far as I remember, I heard the the DC fast charger costs > 5 lacs.

This scooter was designed to be used within city. So, they have the grid points in city.

It is genuinely useful for a lot of people. E.g.

• People who travel long every day and uses the grid for top-up
  • People who under-estimated the range when they started
  • People who had to travel extra than they thought…

Less than 10% people may take it outside city. Unless Ather wants to business benefit or a branding need, they don’t have incentive to add chargers outside.

Still, if they can add on highways, it will help those people, even if small in number.

2 Likes

As far as I know a 50kwh fast charger comes around 8-10 lakhs so 5 lakhs for this seems too much.

1 Like