Ather App beta - 1

It was on Friday. Now, it is showing correct location. I will let you know if it shows incorrect again.

1 Like

Interesting bug indeed! My location shows wrongly on the app too, and I just realized the bug makes all bikes appear in the same location probably? The star marker at the top left corner of the map is where the bike actually is, but the location on the app seems to be at Anil Kumble Circle exactly where Sandeep’s app too showed his bike to be!

And just FYI, I’m on Beta program and have confirmed that the app is updated to the latest that is available on Play Store.

@abhishek.balaji, so I guess we’ll need to wait for the next update for it to be ACTUALLY rectified? :sweat_smile:

This will keep happening, @sandeepbs. The location sometimes shows correctly, and sometimes incorrectly. And the funniest is when the bike is being ridden but is stationary (i.e. has stopped at a red light for example), then the dot will jump between Bengaluru, Africa and the Indian Ocean until you start moving again, at which time the location becomes accurate again :joy:

@abhishek.balaji My scooter is back to Anil Kumble circle again. I checked around 5pm, it was showing correct location i.e. my office parking in Bellandur.

Noticed few other issues as well. On i phone, if I enable dark mode, the time, network strength and the service provider name is not visible. If I disable it, everything is visible properly.

Dark Mode on :

Dark Mode off:

my vehicle is at Anil kumble circle now lol

I have noticed the change in location only happens whenever the scooter syncs, and I believe the sync happens approximately once an hour when parked. So if after one sync, the location changes to Anil Kumble Circle, it stays like that for the next hour or so. And then, during the next sync, it is a matter of sheer luck: sometimes, after the sync the location becomes correct again, but sometimes, it again detects the location as AK Circle and continues to show so until the next sync.

Lather, rinse, repeat every hour.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mobile App

Location of the scooter jumps sometimes.

Is this on the beta version? Could you elaborate on when this is happening?

Yes, it’s like the current location is accurate for some moments and jumps to around 30 Km aways for few moments and then back to original location. Happens frequently but sometimes it doesn’t.

Sometimes it keeps fluctuation between actual and some other area (always the same spot in Bangalore).

Anil Kumble circle :grin:

@abhishek.balaji… Did we figure out why the location always jumps to same spot?

Here is a screenshot of the bug!

. Ather is about 15kms away from this place

So, actually its not the same place. Today it is a different place and also it is now not fluctuation. It is constantly incorrect for the last 10 mins. Killed the App and started again, still incorrect. Once the vehicle started moving it is fluctuating between actual location and the screenshot (incorrect location)

Ah this smiling Dolphin face!

This used to be a problem during my early Ather ownership days (almost an year ago). That is the centre point of Bengaluru and till the time the actual location gets synced…it’ll show this location. It means that there is some problem with the cloud sync.

even i downloaded. did not see any changes

Thanks for all the feedback, folks!

Here’s what we addressed:

• Loading issues have been fixed since the previous release
  • We narrowed down the location issue to a bug on the dashboard. We’ll be addressing this through an OTA soon.