Creating this thread for sharing bugs/issues in the beta versions of the iOS and Android apps.
To get the beta version of an app you have to have the public version installed. To check if an app has a beta version available:
- Open the Google Play Store .
- Search for the Ather app and go to the app detail page.
- Look to see if the app detail page mentions a beta version. Make sure you scroll down as this information could be at the bottom of the page.
- If it’s available, tap Join
If you’re on iOS, you can sign up for our Testflight beta here:
- Download the Testflight app first, then click on the link above to enroll for the beta.
- Download the app through Testflight and login with your Ather credentials.
To leave a beta:
If you want to use the production version of the Ather app, you have to leave the beta program, uninstall the app, and reinstall the production version.
To leave a beta program:
- Open the Google Play Store
- Find the app you want to leave.
- Tap the app to open the detail page for the app.
- Scroll down to find the section on beta testing.
- Tap Leave Leave.
- Uninstall the app.
- Reinstall the app. If you don’t uninstall and reinstall the app, it may update when the public version of the app is updated.
Note: if you leave an early access or beta program, your space will open up and someone else may take it. You are not guaranteed to be able to get your space back later.
If you do not accept your email invitation, the beta app will not be installed and you will not be listed as a tester, and Apple will not take any action with respect to your email address. Additionally, you can unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the invitation email to notify Ather that you’d like to be removed from their list. If you accepted the invitation and no longer wish to test the app, you can delete yourself as a tester in the app’s Information page in TestFlight by tapping Stop Testing.