Ather App beta - 1

Creating this thread for sharing bugs/issues in the beta versions of the iOS and Android apps.

IOS: https://testflight.apple.com/join/9KP9GCQC

Android: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.athermobileapp

To get the beta version of an app you have to have the public version installed. To check if an app has a beta version available:

1. Open the Google Play Store Google Play.
  2. Search for the Ather app and go to the app detail page.
  3. Look to see if the app detail page mentions a beta version. Make sure you scroll down as this information could be at the bottom of the page.
  4. If it’s available, tap Join

If you’re on iOS, you can sign up for our Testflight beta here:

1. Download the Testflight app first, then click on the link above to enroll for the beta.
  2. Download the app through Testflight and login with your Ather credentials.

To leave a beta:

Android:

If you want to use the production version of the Ather app, you have to leave the beta program, uninstall the app, and reinstall the production version.

To leave a beta program:

1. Open the Google Play Store
  2. Find the app you want to leave.
  3. Tap the app to open the detail page for the app.
  4. Scroll down to find the section on beta testing.
  5. Tap Leave and then Leave.
  6. Uninstall the app.
  7. Reinstall the app. If you don’t uninstall and reinstall the app, it may update when the public version of the app is updated.

Note: if you leave an early access or beta program, your space will open up and someone else may take it. You are not guaranteed to be able to get your space back later.

iOS:

If you do not accept your email invitation, the beta app will not be installed and you will not be listed as a tester, and Apple will not take any action with respect to your email address. Additionally, you can unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the invitation email to notify Ather that you’d like to be removed from their list. If you accepted the invitation and no longer wish to test the app, you can delete yourself as a tester in the app’s Information page in TestFlight by tapping Stop Testing.

@abhishek.balaji, subscribed and also installed. From the first glance/run through of the beta app the only change i was able to see was the version number which is 3.0.1.1(iOS, in my case). i could not see any other changes.

If there is a intro to what are the changes you’ll are putting in, it could be fucused too. Anyway, having said this i did see that there are rides that have not sync-ed (missing from Ride statistics), but i believe that is not a relevent issue specific to the beta app, rather is a network availability etc etc.

Hey,

Check this https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/over-the-air-updates/943/16?u=abhishek.balaji

No new features, just under the hood improvements and bug fixes.

Installed beta version but there is no difference

Same old only …

Read the previous post !

But in play store u can see new features are there with screen shot … Check it

Installed the beta version through testflight. Scooter location is incorrect and it is showing at one place only. Anyone else facing this problem?

Does this persist even after you’ve taken a ride? Is your scooter in an area with network?

Sir the bike location shown on the app as well as the beta version is wrong. I am using it on iOS

Yes same issue

These are screenshots from a very old version of the android app…at least one year ago. The ‘Alerts’ at the bottom and the Odometer in the ‘Profile’ section are a giveaway. Don’t go by the screenshots in the play store. The new app update mainly fixes the issue of Ather swimming in the Indian ocean or going on an African Safari. Some other invisible bug fixes will be there too

@sandeepbs Did this reoccur?

Did this happen one off or repeatedly?

It was on Friday. Now, it is showing correct location. I will let you know if it shows incorrect again.

1 Like

Interesting bug indeed! My location shows wrongly on the app too, and I just realized the bug makes all bikes appear in the same location probably? The star marker at the top left corner of the map is where the bike actually is, but the location on the app seems to be at Anil Kumble Circle exactly where Sandeep’s app too showed his bike to be!

And just FYI, I’m on Beta program and have confirmed that the app is updated to the latest that is available on Play Store.

@abhishek.balaji, so I guess we’ll need to wait for the next update for it to be ACTUALLY rectified? :sweat_smile:

This will keep happening, @sandeepbs. The location sometimes shows correctly, and sometimes incorrectly. And the funniest is when the bike is being ridden but is stationary (i.e. has stopped at a red light for example), then the dot will jump between Bengaluru, Africa and the Indian Ocean until you start moving again, at which time the location becomes accurate again :joy:

@abhishek.balaji My scooter is back to Anil Kumble circle again. I checked around 5pm, it was showing correct location i.e. my office parking in Bellandur.

Noticed few other issues as well. On i phone, if I enable dark mode, the time, network strength and the service provider name is not visible. If I disable it, everything is visible properly.

Dark Mode on :

Dark Mode off:

my vehicle is at Anil kumble circle now lol

I have noticed the change in location only happens whenever the scooter syncs, and I believe the sync happens approximately once an hour when parked. So if after one sync, the location changes to Anil Kumble Circle, it stays like that for the next hour or so. And then, during the next sync, it is a matter of sheer luck: sometimes, after the sync the location becomes correct again, but sometimes, it again detects the location as AK Circle and continues to show so until the next sync.

Lather, rinse, repeat every hour.