Ather 450X purchase in Hyderabad and use in Vijayawada - Cant take risk with private transport

Right. No wonder what should be done . Shariq from CS said that they will look into it and give the best possible help. So I’ll just tell him to look into it when I’m completing the process :joy: Also many have done this so Ather might have a solution. :crossed_fingers:t3:

Spoke to RTO guy here. Said TR would do. Would still give more details the day after tomorrow since RTO has off tomorrow

How the number plate(HSRP) fixing will be done, as per the government rule it must be done by dealers. I assume until we produce vehicle for MP RTO they won’t complete the registration and alot number. I am also in similar dilemma

It would be the best way to get ather registered in Bangalore and then register it again in MP.

CS will not give you an answer, they told me the same, that they’ll look into it. My delivery was delayed by 1 month due to that

I don’t think HSRP number plate is required in MP. Multiple times we have got number plates replaced for our vehicles from local shops. It hasn’t been a problem.

Oh.
What city you got your delivery in and where you took it? What all did you have to do? I would do it but NOC would be an issue since I’d have to go to RTO in BLR. I don’t want to go here and there also because of the current situation. I was thinking keeping my travel only between airport,hotel and Ather Space. I also checked BLR RTO website, they directly issue temporary registration from the site which does the job here in MP RTO according to the agent . I don’t know what to do. Also there is no update from CS. Maybe it was a false promise from Shariq,just to get the vehicle sold. Also Abishek said that they’d deliver the Dot to my city but CS later refused. Really don’t know what is wrong with Ather CS. Also they really lack coordination. One person from CS called me regarding payment window open but didn’t know I had already written a mail regarding that to CS. How Strange.

Yes you are correct, its very strange. Only Ather is having this problem! FAME subsidy is given by central Govt. and not Bangalore Govt. so that it’s very easy to do temporary registration in my permanent address. Please help us @abhishek.balaji. Actually what you are doing now is cheap by changing the policy. we have been waiting for almost 1 year…plz give a suggestion on what we can do next.

1 Like

This is correct, to explain this a little more and clear up confusion on temporary registration process:

It won’t be possible for us to give you a Temporary registration with an address in Kerala yet since Ather 450X is not registered with the Kerala Transport authorities. The registration will happen in some time when the dealer in Kochi/Kozhikode can start operations.

Here’s what you can do:

1. Wait for the Kochi/Kozhikode operations to start in some time and then take delivery over there. You’ll then be able to take it with a temporary registration in Kochi/Kozhikode and do the permanent registration in your hometown.

2. If you still want to take it from Bangalore, you’ll need to get the permanent registration done in Bangalore, get a NOC from the RTO here and then transport it. This would be a long-drawn process since to get the NOC, you’ll need to wait for the original RC card to be issued, then apply for the NOC.

Unfortunately @tanishqkhare this would apply to you as well, so you might have to wait for a few more months before you can ride the 450X in Indore.

1 Like

If dealership start in Kerala, can I take from my permanent address in Bangalore @abhishek.balaji? I don’t want to miss series 1 and the 1 year package… please reply

Is your preorder from Kerala which is eligible for series1??

In that case you need not worry you will not miss series1 benefits since you will have time once deliveries are announced in Kerala. Benefits of series1 will only be end by December in cities for which payments are opened now.

But if you have your preorder from bangalore then yes get it with permanent registration in bangalore.

2 Likes

My permanent address in Kerala-Kannur. Kochi is not my place. I have 2 orders…1 from Kerala and another 1 from Kannur.

That doesnot matter once it starts in kochi you get it in kochi and take to kannur.

I guess kerala is KOCHI / Kozhikode. In that scenario state permit problems wont be there for you.

Because if you take in bangalore you will be waiting for the process to be completed for a long time and it is headache also.

Rather wait for few days and take it from kochi.

This is just suggestion finally you have to take the call.

Ok thanks bro… with my Kannur order ID, I can get is what you are telling na? am I right?

Yes that is my suggestion.

As you said you had two orders in Kerala state and ather is only announced in kochi and Kozhikode you take from any of the places and do temp registration and do permanent registration at your home town Kannur.

Hey! After permanent registration at Chennai it possible to re-register in a state (Uttrakahand) where Ather is not likely to enter in near future. I mean to ask for re-registration purpose also registration of Ather with the State transport authority is mandatory

In Kerala I can do … No need of show room in Kerala and all I got confirmation from Kerala RTO…But Ather is not giving

I bought the ather in Chennai, and brought it to Visakhapatnam. The vehicle registration is done in chennai and i will transfer it as soon as ather comes to any city in Andhra pradesh.

I don’t think you’ll be able to get a temporary registration and then register it in your state, i already tried to do that.

I wanted to register the ather in andhra pradesh and was ready to register it in andhra as a imported vehicle, but ather refused to give it on a temporary registration,

Better to register it and then ship it, if asked anywhere, you can tell that it’s electric vehicle and there’s no provision for registration.

Thank you for your reply Abhishek. I am in need of a scooter and I’m in no position to wait till December 2021 or even 2022 (dates given by Shariq). Also can NOC be obtained online? I also went through some websites which said I can do a temporary registration of vehicle online and get TR and register it here. Could you please look into it @abhishek.balaji and tell if it’s possible? Also one option is riding it with KA registration. Would that be okay or cause any problems even if I have all the documents? But I do remember seeing a temporary registration option on the website. I don’t want to miss out on Series 1 and the benefits too.

Also,I would speak to my RTO agent here today. So more clarity is expected.

Which TR is this?

1 Like

Do you have address proof in both the states?

Nope. I only have MP address proof.