Ather 450X - Kolkata Deliveries

its 3 weeks now…

Under current situation we should do nothing but forget it for the next 3 months at least. Being alive and healthy is my prayers for everyone now.

This is exactly things that I’m not looking for from such a promising brand. This is same as duping someone by taking an advance. You have entire media attention having investors like HERO & others which take cutomer satisfaction at utmost priority, but in your case this no customer satisfaction. @abhishek.balaji @tarun

There are other dealerships coming-up & yours was well planned (if it is really well planned) then why today your answer is no update ? @abhishek.balaji how smartly you said honestly, no update yet. please be honest here atleast. Don’t have double face & double standards here. After pre-booking of 1 year + if i get an answer of honestly, no update yet. I think I have at least got my answer for my future queries to your company & brand will give after I own one.

You have future models lined up is what we hear in press so let us know about the current models also, future is dependent on present.

Cheers !!

2 Likes

This is the reason I had cancelled my booking and I am happy that I have enjoyed riding another EV. Don’t worry brother, new EVs are coming up like Ola electric, Simple energy Mark 2 etc.

Just imagine, these people who declared to launch in Nov 2020 and they have no update yet.

They have big problem that they aren’t transparent to those pre-booked customers who waited for such a long time.

2 Likes

Just doing the monthly follow-up… Any updates on the delivery in CCU?

1 Like

1 Like

The silence from @ather is extremely disappointing. Ather is now operational in all the metro cities. Deliveries for Kolkata was announced to have started in the 1st list of 10 cities, but now Ather has started operating in some of the cities from the 2nd list as well. It is very difficult to understand what is preventing Ather from setting up their EC and start deliveries in Kolkata when they had it planned since Jan - 2020 and in the same difficult period over the last 1.5years, they managed to expand in the other cities.

More worrying information is that one of the forum member visited the only Ather Grid Point location being shown on the Ather Grid app currently and came to know that the land lord has not been receiving the rent of the charger installation for the last 6-8 months and he is planning to take down the charger from his premises. This shows that there has been absolutely no serious progress done in Kolkata.

Above photo was sent by the person who had visited the location.

Feeling extremely hopeless about the current situation. It seems this entire year will pass by as well.

2 Likes

Don’t ask any questions here. You won’t get any reply from them because their tails have become thick. Any person who has self respect should never ask any question here. Go for OLA.

1 Like

Hey! Have an update this time. We spoke to the host on this and there was some miscommunication It’s been sorted out and you should be able to use this grid point in the future as well.

We haven’t been able to finalize a good partner in Kolkata, hence the delay. We might be able to share an update in the next few weeks if things pan out well.

However, you’ll start seeing more Ather Grid points getting installed, around two this month and a few more before we officially launch.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji 2 more questions:

1. Earlier this year you had shared the details of a retail partner for Kolkata in the post(Ather 450X - Kolkata Deliveries - #7 by abhishek.balaji). What happened with that partner ?
  2. We have information that in Kolkata the RTOs are not providing registration for electric 2 wheelers of any specifications due to some policy conflicts which will take forever to get resolved. We are somewhat sure that the partner that Ather will select will not be able to get this registration issue resolved soon, so no deliveries can take place without registration. 450X as a product will get 2years old since launch by the end of this year and already the USP for 450X which was there in Jan 2019 has dimished a lot with the new launches from Ola/Simple. I have an anticipation that new / upgraded models from Ather will be launched by the time everything gets sorted here. Will Ather consider the current pre-booking for newer models? Or should we get our bookings cancelled for now?

It didn’t work out, hence the search continued.

We dont have any info around this at this point, but when we start selling, we should be able to resolve these.

Can’t comment on things we haven’t announced yet :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How many from Kolkata are still holding on to their orders?

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji Is there any update on deliveries in Kolkata?

2 Likes

No. Hope Ather will come in Kolkata with new a product having more range not the backdated product. Just today, I have seen two OLA electric scooters when I was returning from my college. Late entry to the market but early delivery. Ather should learn from them.

1 Like

Ather, come in Kolkata with a new product having true range of atleast 100 km. We are waiting.

2 Likes

It’s just a proposal. Would take forever to actually be implemented.

3 Likes

I don’t think so, govt order may come within April-June, 2022.

1 Like

Finally. :innocent:

2 Likes

Yesterday was the delivery date of my 450X. Delivery was arranged for the first ten customers and I was one of them. I was very happy but after seeing my 450X I felt very bad. The plastic part under the open chassis was not well finished. There was a huge gap and glue was on it which was dried. Maybe it was broken and they have tried to fix it with glue. When I told the same to the sales representative, he smartly replied that every vehicle has the same thing. Then I checked every vehicle in the showroom. No vehicle has this huge gap. I decided not to take the delivery. But then, the manager of the sales team checked this and talked to Ather. Then he told me the plastic part will be replaced under warranty. I told him to write the same on the bill. He did that. I observed under the seat there is a screw not properly tightened. Premium product deserves premium finishing. But the vehicle is really awesome.

5 Likes

Just to add to @pkpaul04, I didn’t take picture of my vehicle’s issues, actually I just attended the delivery ceremony but refused to take to vehicle home as number plate is pending at RTO.

However, on my vehicle there were 2 issues.

1. The rear brake line had rust near the brake shoes.
  2. Both brake disks had rust on them.

The manager acknowledged the issue immediately and informed to get it rectified at the workshop till my number plate arrives.

Wasn’t expecting to see rusted parts on a new vehicle though! It didn’t appear to be something caused by damage from transport / handling.

2 Likes