ATHER 450x failed it's promised mileage

I get 55km in sport mode on a 3.5 yr old 450 Gen1. REAL on-the-road range.

I don’t drive at a snails pace either. I push it whenever there is open road or gaps in traffic.

Just because a majority have a better range than what you experience doesn’t make all of us Ather employees.

9 Likes

Not an Ather employee either

4 Likes

Let me see if i can explain it , so you are calculating the range using the average efficiency on the dashboard and you are expecting the remaining range to be atleast 14km instead of 7kms shown

What i have noticed is that the range on the dashboard won’t increase based upon how efficient we ride , it just remains as it is and drop slowly if you are riding efficiently

Eg: if you start with a range of 100k and you are super efficient still the range won’t go upto 105 over a long ride it will remian hundred for a longer time and drop gradually

So i think what’s on the dashboard is fine , it indicates that if you continue to ride at 28wh your scooter will stall with an empty battery after most probably 14kms rather than 7kms

I did try it out and thats how it works If that makes sense

4 Likes

No, he rode it full 100% to 0% but could only cover 72km. Avg efficiency was 28Wh/km. So he should have been able to ride 78km since it is Gen 2 450+ with 2200Wh capacity. Issue is with the mismatch between energy used and battery capacity reduced.

1 Like

Your mssg seems to be harsh and I’m not pointing that particular you ! People here rely on dashboard reading doesn’t know that the battery drops down gradually in times I hv noticed while riding my Ather 450x till the end while battery is getting empty that after crossing last esimated 17kms remaining on ODO all the modes show somewhat similar mileage, say ECO @ 19 / RIDE @ 18 / SPORTS @ 17 / WRAP @ 16 and when we reach to 10kms remaining all of the modes show 10kms esimate on ODO

Hope you people get the point what I’m talking about.

3 Likes

Well, if you turn off the power and leave the socket in there is battery loss because the solenoid lock in the connector takes power. Completely normal.

Also, even if you don’t leave it connected, there is bound to be some amount of loss. Just charge your phone at night and check it in the morning, there is bound to be loss (even 1 - 2%) now, your phone probably has a 5000 mAh battery. The Ather has a huge battery (probably 50 times or so of your phone) bigger battery, bigger loss. Lithium batteries don’t like to be fully charged or completely empty.

Also, when it comes to range, your road condition and riding condition matter a lot. Its the same with ICE engines, but no one notices that because you can just fill up and continue your journey. I live in bangalore and with these roads and my riding style, I can get about 50 - 70km on sport cum warp mode.

Now, my mom can get 100km min on eco or ride mode because she’s not an aggressive rider like me. Also, if I am to take the nice road (highway) I can probably squeeze another 10km.

So, share a couple of pictures of your ride statistics and compare them with others. I do get frustrated with range too. Those times I ride more conservatively.

6 Likes

@melvin.wilson @tarun @abhishek.balaji

I am also facing range issues with my 1.5 years old Ather 450x clocked more than 17k kms. I have been observing less range for few months and started tracking the range per charge, what i get is range of less than 60kms per charge always even though the rides are efficient and mostly maintaining 30wh/km efficiency as seen in dashboard and app. This is really concerning to me and i tried explaining the issue to customer support over the call and also spoke over the call to the service engineer at Hyderabad SC, but i am not getting proper assuring responses. I request you to look into my concerns about the incredibly low range per charge even while maintaining 30wh/km efficiency.

I seriously don’t understand why Ather can’t make SoH figures available to the customer. If you’re promising a 3 year warranty on your battery not falling below 70% SoH, you have to back it up with figures. How am I supposed to know how my battery is holding up! So absurd.

3 Likes

My body weight 121KG i got mileage Ride Mode 83 Chennai OMR

2 Likes

Good evening Kindly check air pressure

Drive in Ride/Sports mode atleast 2 to 3 days only drive till 30% and check

from next drive you can achieve better range.!!!

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

True 75km is the max what you can get on the Ather I have practically tested. They are just fooling people with the number and marketing skills.

1 Like

I drove on the same route in Ride + Warp Mode (twice) & Sports + Warp Mode. Warp was used on highway speeds maintaining speeds of around 45-46 kmph. These are the results of driving with good control over throttle & braking. I achieved the best efficiency with S+W combo & much easier to achieve better efficiency.

Ride + Warp Mode:

Ride 1: (10% drain)

Ride 2: (11% drain

Sports + Warp Mode: (9% drain)

2 Likes

I would disagree. Ather has one of the most accurate range prediction. I have owned series 1 for more than 2 years and I never faced issues with range. “Go easy on that throttle…!” If still facing issues, get it checked. :blush:

3 Likes

What make Ather special than other is its accuracy in range prediction.Even ola have big range drop issue

2 Likes

Switch to sports mode always…range has no connection with mode…even warp mode can provide good range… Switch to sports mode and be in 40-50km/hr speed and sure it will give one km per one percent charge.if you are ok to not give throttle at steep down roads…then this range can be better…

1 Like

It’s because Ather ride stats are a sham, just like their scooters They are failed scooter company with an excellent marketing team They are selling you a low end scooter for the price of a high end lux brand scooter All their stats are sham I have 450x and can’t reach more than 70 km in eco mode over 3 days Batter drain in 3 days not more than 15 kms So range is 85 Still 20 less than 105 20% deficiency in true range and real world range

1 Like

Don’t use Eco, and if you are using keep the speed 35 max. If you use sports or Warp that will give you far more range. Me and other people from this community are easily reaching 100.

I tested it myself with pillion rider and warp mode, the range was 122Km and this is with 45 as avg speed. It’s just the style you are riding with, EV are supposed to be used differently.

2 Likes

I agree. :+1: