ATHER 450x failed it's promised mileage

Ya I got the delivery 20 days ago only :smiley:

1 Like

Today, I’ve done a ride of around 8km which included a fly over and a little traffic and was able to achieve my best efficiency figures yet 19 Wh/km which predicted 141km range with which I’m very satisfied since my average speed was around 32-35 km/hr and the entire ride was in Warp mode. So it really depends on how we ride, especially on EVs the effect is very evident.

8 Likes

U hv noticed right ? So I tell you these things are a overall calculation and estimations which will will be on the app numbers only not on the real run, I hv been riding the scoota since march 2022 and these numbers are just on the app to make rider happy in reality everything is different, I rode in every mode and every other style of riding even reached late to office and return late to home riding it super slower in SmartEco mode so that I can get atleast a good mileage by resetting the Trip meter A & B everytime I test for better mileage but failed it always gave me upto 70-75kms not more that that and people here in the forum writes what not only after watching the projected mileage which is absolutely making us “popat” my daily commute is the Ather so I travel highest say 45kms in total a day or else if it would be more den I would hv claimed the brand for advertising fake mileage. Plz don’t get impressed by its only on app projected mileage do the whole run on one charge and find out the difference in reality or else u will still stay in the dark.

8 Likes

Hello @iroykaarena !

It would be better if you can also share your ride stats so that the fellow forum users can help you out in getting better range out of your scooter.

As already mentioned by some members above, there are many factors that contribute in getting a proper range. And, there are some forum members who have actually covered the estimated range distances.

1 Like

Well, in real world I’ve done few rides that gave me 75km with 18km left in warp mode and that too with a pillion. So, I’m confident that I could achieve 100km on single charge in warp mode. Definitely not 140km since I’ve used a lot of regen in the trip I’ve posted, but yes I can easily get a range of 90-100km in warp with my driving style. Since the ride was on July 1st the ride stat has disappeared, so I’m attaching the directions map for which I’ve done a round trip of 75km in warp mode with pillion with 25% charge left after the trip.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

This became finally true on the gen 3, only 3 kms difference.

1 Like

I get daily around 90-100 in sports mode with mix riding and also 60-80 speeds :+1:t2:

4 Likes

90-100 in sports is epic, what is your riding pattern

2 Likes

Mix riding fun and normal

1 Like

Dear vikram, Please reduce the use of brakes.

5 Likes

I max ride in Ride Mode and Sports Mode only nowadays, I used to ride in ECO mode earlier but not these days from when I noticed that the average of the scooty is 70-75 even on economy I ride on 20-30kmph still that lacked in true mileage. About braking I usually don’t use brakes until its necessary on any situation but yes the road conditions in my city is like flyover construction is on progress so the traffic is lot more so in that situation I hv to use brakes frequently and I ride in Ride mode but still at the end of the day when I check my rides its like I cover 40km on say ride mode and the estimated Kms remains only 30-35 in ride mode which totals of 70-75kms in total braking I do 30% in a day as said the way from my home to office is under construction so can’t put max throttle.

2 Likes

Same experience for me also. Complained regarding the complaint to Ather service personel at Mangalore, still waiting for remedy. I am also getting only 63-64 km range in eco mode. With this I experience another problem. Here at Mangalore area, rain fall is very high. Because of poor back mud guard design, mud spray on my back every time while riding. Totaly sad to say I lost shirts and clothes

2 Likes

Bro these Ather guys are playing with the sentiments of the riders as we know the brand products are very funfull to ride and cost saving at this point of time but even the mileage is not at promised in any of the modes as estimated I hv experienced this since long and even have reported but none of the team peoples are concerned just I see people getting more with mileage yes more than estimated few found 100+ in WRAP mode where company claims to get 45-50 in WRAP mode but the riders are so advanced that they go downhill or uphill I don’t know how they are finding more than the companys claimed mileage hope this to be true and not fake… I never got and I can’t share fake statement here, few say change ur ride style and a few say improve on ur braking and a few say use acceleration in well manner so do you think to ride a EV these things we have to learn from others on how to get true mileage… Usually I nowadays ride on RIDE mode or either SPORTS mode and sometimes in WRAP mode if I’m getting late but acceleration is always under control for RIDE Mode: 40-50kmph and for SPORTs mode: 50-60kmph and in WRAP which I do rev rarely so I dont see how I ride but atleast on 70-80kmph it goes smooth, I will never complaint for ride quality as it is smooth as butter but the issues that turned my head to put here are the Fake Mileage and Smart Connectivity ( Check My EV Bluetooth Issue )

Keep on complaining unless they look into the matter as because their is 3 years warranty lets see how they can serve us in this warranty period as we are facing issues.

3 Likes

Today I started my journey in smart eco mode with 100% juice, scooter is drained to 0% after running 64.6 kms, dashboard shows 31 watts per km efficiency & app shows 72 kms range

Almost 8 kms less than projected range & 6 kms than true range

@tarun @abhishek.balaji can you plz explain???

My 450+ is 7 months old

1 Like

Was the entire ride continuous or were there any breaks in between and 64km is all achieved in a single day or single ride or was that over the days or with multiple rides?

2 Likes

It’s a continuous ride of around 118 min.

3 Likes

Your’s half of the ride is almost in ride mode then how will you get the true range. To achieve the true range the entire ride should be in smart eco mode only, but you have switched to ride mode whenever you need.

And also can you tell what’s your odo?

1 Like

Hi Hemant, We have shared this with our team. We will get back to you soon.

1 Like

My point is not the mode

Why aren’t you getting the simple mathematics

I m just saying 2200 wh :heavy_division_sign: 31 wh = 70.96 kms Then why battery reach 0% in 64.6 kms ???

5 Likes