ATHER 450x failed it's promised mileage

Ather company Comment 116 km range show on the add when you visit the showroom of Ather we saw it but in real world Ather only provide 60 km People said ride 45 to 50 or 30to 35 for good range My friend have Okinawa the range around 160 km per charge Now think which company have best technology

14 Likes

The decrease in battery percentage after full night charge is idle drain. It’s not because of decrease in battery capacity. In fact it would have occurred on the first day of purchase and it’s nothing to be afraid of.

10 Likes

hello @iroykaarena greetings from mumbai, i have read your comment and i am also the owner of the Ather 450X since almost 7 months and i am happy to help you to get best range in your flight. first thing, i also was like you who are using ECO and RIDE mode most of the times but that’s not correct always, you have to learn from scooter what i have done by using everyday and also till now i am learning. i just want to say that just check your ride statistics on Ather app that how much Wh/km consuming per ride (lower the Wh/km = better the range) for your reference. while driving just make sure that you are not giving hard acceleration. just give it gradually so that will not affect your range and if your journey has some flyovers there than try to switch on sports mode and do toggle between ride mode and sports mode so while trying to overtake or above 40-45kmph you you need to switch to sports mode otherwise ride mode. you have also an issue of dropping battery at night so that is very normal as our flight is sharing data to our app and cloud server. if you don’t want to wish your battery drain at night than you have to shutdown your flight at night. just to explain now in simple if your ride statistics is under 30 Wh/km than you are riding perfectly and if your statistics are above than 30 than you need learn to put that under 30. just 2 weeks ago i have done 101kms only on sports mode in 3 days cycle where i have done multiple stops like we use it everyday and also kept 2 night which has reduced my battery at night around 3% to 5% still i got 100kms range. i hope this will help you. have a great day with your flight

24 Likes

There’s plenty owners who’ve achieved even 80km on Warp mode. It all comes down to the certain factors such as your riding style, how efficiently you throttle, braking, weight load, terrain, etc. Don’t think the battery drain is really an issue.

You really need to go back and read the differences between ARAI range and TRUE RANGE. Its pretty pointless if you simply have misinformed debates. Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 12.01.11 PM

10 Likes

Yeah yeah i know :joy: i was mentioning about the new model of Ather, that if we get 80km of true range in sports mode then eco mode will have a true range of 100+.

Nah… 80km is too less. I can even do 100+ in warp mode.

8 Likes

And we have “Minnal :zap:” Narayanan @narayanankks82 who really achieved 100+ km with :zap: in real life.

17 Likes

Hi sir… I am sure u havent donde your research on the bike… Wen ever there is lode on your motor the battery tends to drain faster… If your in eco mode if u drive in full speed it will drain your battery becoz you are using the full capacity of the motor in that mode… If ir in eco try to ride it at 20-30 speed, ride 30 - 40 , sports 40-55 iam sure u will find drastic difference in the milage. Plz make sure u dont allow the red haelo to go up. Try to ride in blue. Battery will drain if the vehicle is not shut down completely coz it has a jio 4g sim inside and its connected… So it will drain. U can shut it down to avoid that perticular issue…
I happe your satisfied with the answer

11 Likes

87 to 90KM Range in Sports mode several times.

Ather connect pro is free to all so request you to check ur ride logs after finishing you rides and analyze your ride efficiency, or can share here so that all can understand what is the real problem. my ride efficiency is around 27 to 29 and i get 80 to 90 km range all time.

8 Likes

I just got 74kms on Warp mode with start stop traffic, bad roads, pillion. All of this over a period of a week.

16 Likes

R u taking about projected range ??

8 Likes

hi started using SMART ECO recently and found out when the charge is 100 percent the eco drains quickly even if i reach 40 km/hr speed , but in the last 50 km range the smart eco does not show red indication even if i ride in 50s … can any one share your experience ???

9 Likes

Smart eco tries to maintain under 30Wh/km for every ride and it works best on rides above 10km. Main thing is, maintaining throttle input even during the start. If you accelerate hard from 0-40kmph in eco mode at the start of the ride itself, you’ll be getting red soon than if you do it at the end of a balanced ride. The tip is to maintain same throttle when accelerating from standstill from a traffic light for example.

Please take a look at my ride blog Ride to Thrissur EC where I rode in Smart eco mode for 50km distance, still maintaining 22Wh/km efficiency. This was starting from 94%.

9 Likes

From my view the vehicle range depends on your riding style and pillion. I ride all time in sports mode and i will easily achieve 65-68 where claimed range is 60 for sports mode. It depends on how speed you are riding.put in wrap mode and ride on avg speed of 45-50 you will easily get 60-70

5 Likes

No sir, actual range based on KMs ridden

4 Likes

Hope these help to convince you to think the opposite. I get a range of 100 kms in 1 charge usually in Sports mode. 124.6 Kms on a single charge.

Ather never fails to deliver what they promise. Riding style is the main game…

@tarun @abhishek.balaji

12 Likes

May I know whats ur body weight bro ? And are you riding in plains or uphills ?

4 Likes

Body weight = 79-80 kgs

City= New Delhi

Number of flyovers crossed ( I actually counted) = 17

I did aggressive regen braking in addition to light hands on throttle and constant speed of 18-20 and sometimes 30-35.

8 Likes

Thats my run this morning

4 Likes

I hv never seen projected kilometre of 100+ kms till date always I see upto 85kms and below 90kms… You people might have experienced alot more with the Ather but unexpectedly I got very minimal mileage till date even on Smart Eco mode riding speed is 25-30kms maintained still at the end of the day I get below 80k mileage and yes air pressure on tyre is all ok with 30-32psi rest I will say riding this EV is a pleasure no issue with it but in rainy days its a big bug as noise starts comming out from rear suspension and wheel don’t know why need to grease few rusty area due to rain water and mud.

ANDROID USER The smart feature is again pathetic doesn’t gets automatically connected when turned the keys on need to navigate to the app and force connect manually and evn the music doesn’t skip or pause just stucks on the 1st song playing when connected and gets freezed even if any calls arrive the caller info doesn’t disappear either even after the call the caller info and call duration keeps on counting and freezes badly and needs the scooter shutdown or keep keys turned off for 7 mints until the last ride info soft resets. Big bug!!

@abhishek.balaji

1 Like

Here is another one for you buddy. This time Sports + WARP. Will share the ride logs of my rides after the last charge.

7 Likes