Ather 450X Discussions

Considering our Indian hot temperature, black will degrade the plastics, electronic components, motor, battery will get hotter especially in summer and when parked in sun.

Case being in my village I had an identical dash camera malfunction in a black Honda city, but the same camera was running normaly in silver Honda Jazz( despite the larger windscreen in jazz). Both cars where parked side by side. We swaped the camera and again the black city higher temperature cause the other camera to also malfunction.

3 Likes

Mumbai Taxi colour

Source of the image ? Is it for sure real ?

2 Likes

Is it real ? Doesnā€™t looks good black with yellow inserts, I want that white green combo :unamused::unamused:

3 Likes

Ha! Nice try! If only it were that easy :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

I heard from someone from Ather that the 450X will have the same design. Different colours. Same battery housing but the battery specs might change by a tad bit. Meaning ather is going increase the energy density. I wonder if years down the lane is old 450 owners can upgrade the battery to the new spec version.
I also heard of a new product ather is working on. Called the Ather Pure . Which will have a centre stand and a conventional looking design. Completely different from the 450, more range and a better price point. Makes sense why ather made it clear they wonā€™t be going with a centre stand with the 450X

6 Likes

Not sure about the name, but Ather has always been clear that a mass market model is in the pipeline. So not surprising.

5 Likes

Yes, you can. I travel 55km everyday on Sports Mode and I have more than 30% charge remaining at the end of the day.

4 Likes

I am sure you must be doing 55kms in one single trip or within few hours of the day.
As Whitefield to E-City office commute is not possible in one single charge. I do Whitefield - E-City everyday (27~28 Kms one way), and i have to charge at both the places, because if i donā€™t, i might fall short by 5-6 kms, as the battery losses some charge while parked for close to 8 hours, since i start at 8 in the morning from home, and be back by 6 in the evening.

1 Like

I go 27km in the morning at around 7:30AM and return only after 7AM. I lose around 5-8% of charge during the day. If I take along a pillion, I will still have around 20% charge left.

2 Likes

And you do this both the trips on Sports Mode? and you have 30% charge left when you return back, without any charging during the day?

1 Like

Yup. But I travel from Yelahanka so I have lots and lots of free road where I can coast easily. Also, thereā€™s no traffic in the time I travel, so no stop and go.

2 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ Not the same case as me, i have many stop and go points on my route. But something seriously wrong with my riding skills thenā€¦:stuck_out_tongue: i need to change from a road rager to a coasterā€¦:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Good to know that its possible within certain traffic and riding conditions , However a range increase can remove lot of anxiety also where i stay its never an empty road to my work which always required me to think over current 450 as its a substantial one time investment and yet if you struggle to do your basic work commute itā€™s not worth it i donā€™t care how intelligent or fast the scooter isā€¦ Lets see what 450x has to offerā€¦

1 Like

Check here? A lot of folks get higher than promised riding range with minimal efforts!

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/mileage-archives/1234

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji I have gone through each and every post of Mileage Archive for 450 and i know people have achieved very good stats in terms of range on current 450 , What am looking with 450x is atleast a true range of 100kms that will help to ease out any apprehensions while riding around Bangalore, Also ather need to scale up the Grid there is not a single grid point on my strech on ORR from Rammurthy Nagar to Marathalli . Since Current 450 can do 75kms and sometimes even more 450x should be like charge and be free for the dayā€¦

6 Likes

I felt X is eXtreme mode, could expect to have a higher range, higher speed and higher torque. We should not consider a ECO mode rangeā€¦ because it does not feeling like drive a scooter.

2 Likes

Ather 450
Cons : Only Range(75km) & connectivity issue

If Ather 450X Solves these two issue will attract more buyers Expecting Range minimum 150km/Charge!!!

2 Likes

Hmmm, how can we make a scooter collectible? :thinking:

2 Likes

Itā€™ll off-course be a rare bike to have, so thatā€™s one point covered.
And more moooore range and lifetime free charging maybe :grin:
Thatā€™ll sure be a collectible !! what say ! :wink:

4 Likes

Do we get a travel charger cable along with 450 ?

1 Like