Ather 450X Discussions

I was in the same situation … but finally went for 450 as I was happy with the power of 450 & extra mileage of 10kms dint matter to me… & I already have a premium Android phone hence Happy with current Dash board as far as iam saving close to 50 k & cant wait another 6 months atleast for 450x … hence made payment and delivery expected 16th Feb

3 Likes

Please if can swap order send mail to me. Share your order no & mail id. I don’t have bike and waiting to 450.

1 Like

Buy one get one free :P.

1 Like

What does pause it upto a month mean? 1 month in a year?

1 Like

Yes. One month in a year, you can ask for snooze where you pay only ₹500 instead of ₹1700/₹2000

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ownership Experience

Hello @tarun, I have couple of questions/concerns releated to data privacy in case if we (consumer) start using 450X.

Because of subscription model and other in built electronics (GPS, etc…), I presume you will be monitoring/colecting data. In fact you should be able to collect everything with latest electronics and technoligy you will be using in 450X(like navigation data, call records, sms etc).

1. Up to what extent you are going to collect user digital foot print (navigation data or any data which will be used to identify any or specific user)
  2. Is user digital foot print (navigation data or any data which will be used to identify any or specific user) safe?
  3. How do you make sure user ditital foot print (navigation data or any data which will be used to identify any or specific user) is safe?
  4. Is the operating system secure enough for hacking.

We know that your answer for data protection policy would be something specified in below posts

What is Ather's commitment on data privacy? [Closed] AMA - 2, Saturday 1 February - #138 by chaitanya.hegde

But, policies can be changed any time with or without notice (in confusing manner) and with confusing words and terms to end users. For ex: Search giant had “Don’t be Evil” in their privacy statement, but it is no more there. There are lots of other instances where user data sold to third parties. So, please help us with more details.

4 Likes

Looks like the website is being updated. Makes it much easier to clear out misconceptions.

1 Like

Couldn’t have said it better. There are 2 main categories of scooter riders.
College students- Age group 18-24
White collar employees- 25-55+.

1.Parents simply won’t buy a 1Lakh scooter and agree to pay 1.7k every month for subscription.
2.White collar employees are stuck in one or the other EMI/Kids fees etc and would be looking for savings at every corner.

450X target audience must be well to do independent bachelors who want to flaunt gadgets while meeting friends. But then again with low speed Eco mode range of 85kms one can’t keep up with his ICE friends on a weekend ride outstation or take his girlfriend for a long ride.

Having said that I completely understand that Ather as a company needs to survive. I felt a bit sad that they were selling 450 under loss. Tesla’s aim was to make people switch to EV, their bushiness Model was Model S>Model 3>Model Y, not the other way around. I hope Ather does a course correction and launch an affordable good range-good performance scooter with limited tech for common folks in the future.

12 Likes

Yes… I hope they come up with a model 3 type vehicle very soon

1 Like

5 Likes

so you will get the old pre-order number or the new pre-order number? @jmukeshnahar

1 Like

They haven’t cancelled my preorder
So it’s the same for now

1 Like

Hey @abhishek.balaji, Mine is one of the earliest pre-order numbers for the X. I think i will wait until the lease prices are clear. And its been only 4 months since I owned a 450, and its mandatory to at least complete a year to get the upgrade option. Can I hold the pre order until then

2 Likes

If my understanding is correct, the new battery will cost around 50k - 60k? That’s about 1/3rd of the cost of the scooter if you buy it upfront.

3 Likes

With lots of confusion from launch to till now of 450X resulted in cancellation of 450X pre-order. And immediately ordered 450 as I want to Stop Start Wheee ASAP. Best of luck to all who are waiting for 450 and 450X deliveries.

4 Likes

Yes you can. Deliveries will commence from Q3 2020, so you should be able to upgrade by then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well said bro, You have covered 90% people mindset who drives 2 wheeler & fall in either of these 2 categories.

I hope that Ather runs into profits with Ather 450 & 450x and then launches a product for the above 2 categories of people.

8 Likes

For the battery to get to 70% you’ll need atleast 4 years or a faulty BMS(in a year’s time you’ll know if the BMS gets faulty).
You don’t need to worry about battery health. For example if you change your phone every 3 years it’s mostly cause of UI lag which gets the battery down and not cause the battery is bad. Here the UI is pretty simple and not extravagant as a phone so battery degradation is only cause of your usage/riding style (50k kms) or terrible charge cycles(letting your battery go below 20% very frequently, like everyday).
And in 3-4 years batteries are going to be very cheap as gov is setting up local plants to manufacture lithium cells which would be 30% cheaper compared to today (atleast).

P.S.- Even if it gets to 70% of it’s capacity it won’t be a drastic change but noticeable over time and still usable. Buying upfront makes sense unless you use the 450x for 60 km every day.
Peace out

7 Likes

Agreed. Difficult to convince parents.

Willing to buy old ather 450, I currently reside in Pune will even pay for the extra logistic costs. So if there are people upgrading to 450x I am willing to buy the 450.

2 Likes