Ather 450X Discussions

Hope this clears up many of the confusion about the pricing plans. If you have any further queries, I’d be happy to answer them:

We’ll eventually come to your city, and you can hold on to your pre-order till then. The pre-order amount is fully refundable as well, so if you do decide to cancel, you can reach out to customer service for a full refund.

1 Like
There are two options to own a Ather 450X:

Pay the upfront cost of 1.49/1.59L, where you own the scooter completely.

• This gets you a standard 3 year warranty on the scooter and the battery. In these 3 years, if your battery degrades to 70% or lesser, we’ll replace it as per warranty.
  • Since you’re buying it upfront, you can opt for subscription to Ather Charge or Ather Connect or Ather Service. It is NOT mandatory.

Pay 99k and pick a Pro/Plus performance pack:

• This means you own the scooter without the battery and pay for the battery as a subscription, unlimited warranty, data services, over-the air updates, unlimited fast charging at Ather Grid. This way, you can own the scooter with a much less upfront cost of 99k.
  • This also means that if your battery degrades to anything less than 80% of its original capacity, we’ll replace with a new one. This works like your regular warranty, but for the entire lifetime of the scooter.
  • This plan would be ideal if you want your scooter to provide a consistently high performance throughout its life, without you ever worrying about degradation.
  • There is an exit option from the subscription, right from day one. Along with the option to pause upto a month, when you’re not going to be using it.

This will be fixed in the coming days :slight_smile:

Hey, @shreekanth_d,

We had shared this during the open house over the weekend:

For a long time, EVs represented a compromise in performance and the only justification to switch to an EV was cost savings. However, that is no longer true. An electric vehicle like 450X represents a huge shift in performance, and the intelligence features that it offers is changing the game. 450X’s acceleration is hard to match for most scooters today - petrol or electric. The smart features enabled by connectivity and touchscreen dashboard aren’t available in any other vehicle out there. And the fast and super-fast charging available on 450X has in-built technology that is years ahead of all its rivals. So, fundamentally, 450X is worth switching to for the vastly superior product that it is.

The price of Ather 450X and the current on-road price of Ather 450 are not comparable because the Ather 450 is extremely underpriced at Rs.1.13 lacs on-road. We did this to introduce a premium product in a price-sensitive market when we launched. In fact, if we had continued with 450, we would have increased its price anyways. Considering the experience of Ather 450 users, we're convinced that the price of Ather 450X - a much superior product compared to the Ather 450, is justifiable for the value and experience it offers.
1 Like

Hey, we put this down much better:

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/discussions-on-pricing-and-subscriptions/5281

Also this:

The price of Ather 450X and the current on-road price of Ather 450 are not comparable because the Ather 450 is extremely underpriced at Rs.1.13 lacs on-road. We did this to introduce a premium product in a price-sensitive market when we launched. In fact, if we had continued with 450, we would have increased its price anyways. Considering the experience of Ather 450 users, we’re convinced that the price of Ather 450X - a much superior product compared to the Ather 450, is justifiable for the value and experience it offers.

1 Like

It’s still under work :slight_smile:

1 Like

well Ather is premium scooter and I am simple middle class man . I always beleave in VFM product. As I think Ather 450x is very over priced. After purchase I will not saving but my expense increase .(per month 1700 to 2000rs subscription & Maintaince cost also) So I am happy with my currant Suzuki Gixxer petrol bike. In future I will thinking to buy Revolt 400 or Bajaj Chetak EV.

I am Cancel my and my invite’s Pre-order.
So Finaly I must say to Good bye Atherenergy Have best Luck .

2 Likes

Hey @mpasumarthi,

Here’s more clarity on the pricing: Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

1 Like

Both prices on the website are inclusive of subsidy. :slight_smile:

India doesn’t have a data protection law yet, but we are complying with all legal requirements for security. You can refer to the terms and we do not sell your date :slight_smile:

The 450X, when purchased either way, has warranty. The scooter has 3 years warranty, and the Battery warranty is infinite for subscription and 3 years unlimited kms for upfront.

Not at all, you do own the scooter. You just leave the maintenance to us. If your battery health dips below 80% anytime, we replace it for you.

Further, the monthly fee includes Ather Charge (covering data connectivity, all data costs, data pipeline and storage costs, OTA updates and unlimited public charging).

We do not sell your data to any third parties. The data collected is to improve your experience, and provide services like ride statistics and predicted range. We’ve written about this previously here: A Full-er Stack: Building a data pipeline inside and outside a vehicle

1 Like

Yes :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

The subscription plans include Ather Charge, which include data connectivity, unlimited public charging, data pipeline and storage costs, and OTA updates. Further, for the collector’s edition, servicing is free for the first year.

Ather One will still be available as an option. We’ll share the pricing for this soon.

Then what was Mr. Tarun saying at launch event that Ather 450X is cheaper than 450.

You concede that it was false???

As per me it was pretty wrong he made that statement and it was misleading and made really annoyed… And after affect you saw in this forum

Hi @abhishek.balaji

What will happen to the customer after 3years who bought 450x as outright purchase???

What will be the terms and conditions for future support???

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji thanks for responding. Things are getting little clearer now but still coming from outside of serviceable city we need all the unknowns which are awaiting regulatory approvals to be clarified to take a decision on feasibility of owning the Ather 450X. Hence I have not yet cancelled my order yet. Also i do not want to wait for delivery in my city. I am willing to take Delivery from Bangalore but my billing address is of non serviceable city. Will this affect my delivery priority? When will the t-shirts be shipping out :slight_smile: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: (approx date)?

PS: I appreciate your commitment to respond to all the posts that have been posted since the launch. Thanks for responding.

1 Like

Sad that this comment has been made by Ather when it has still not spread its tentacles far and wide. Cost savings is the most prime thing…and thats what everyone has in mind. Until a product results in cost saving, let India not dream of EV eco system.

COST SAVING IS STILL RELEVANT

Save operating cost, avoid unnecessary frills in name of subscription, give what is practical for a day-to-day city commute and give a cost effective product. Let this get established and then launch the “performance” bikes with sufficient range that will take a commuter farther away from home so that the bike’s potential can be used.

7 Likes

The 450X has a lower upfront cost compared to the 450.

The scooters will be supported for service, spares for the lifetime of the vehicle.

As for connectivity, OTAs etc, it will be available as long as you’re subscribed to atleast the Ather Connect plan.

@abhishek.balaji What happens with battery degradation? Is the loss both performance and range or is it limited to range alone ? Suppose I pick up the 450X(outright) and decide to take a chance with battery considering my limited usage, at what percentage of battery health should I absolutely go in for a change ?

Even if you guys don’t release a scooter for 5 years 450x will be a super scooter or atleast among the top 5 hands down ;).

1 Like

Hi you said 450 will be supported according standard automotive standards right ? Can you give us this in like no of year’s ?

You can take delivery in Bangalore with a temporary registration and take it to your city. If 4G is available there, you’ll be able to use all the features. We won’t however be able to provide service support in areas outside of the serviceable areas.

You can request for a change in your billing address through customer support

1 Like