Ather 450X Discussions

You do own the scooter. It’s just a different model of ownership, with lower upfront cost. You lease the battery back only, and we have an exit option, along with the ability to pause your subscription when not using it. We’ll announce more details on all of this soon.

If you have 100% charge, easily!!

1 Like

You absolutely can. Check out this thread: Mileage Archives

1 Like

You can switch between cities where we have service and you’ll still enjoy all the features and service of the scooter.

Give them a week, they might make it a hit ;).

1 Like

When can we expect an email for collector’s edition?

We’ll try to address these during the Open House/AMA.

I really hope you are right. I loved the scooter itself… It’s an amazing product. But the pricing really killed it for me… Please @Ather.Team make it happen :pray:

1 Like

So what about payment window for those who want to upgrade to 450x ? Will it open at same time as new buyers who have pre ordered ? Or do we need to wait for additional time for your exchange policy to be finalized ?

1 Like

We’ll announce the exchange plans well in advance, before deliveries begin, so it’ll be open at the same time as pre-orders.

@mechdilly1988
Simple language it is called SIP (systematic investment plan )
In Ather 450X it is loss for long term
In stock market this SIP IS GROWING return

1 Like

Praying on the govt to move up the FAME 2 limit by 1Lk

1 Like

We Don’t Need any subscription plans. You just sell the vehicle and that’s it!!!
Subscription plans should not be mandatory its should come under Choice!!!
if still ather subscription is mandatory sure you gonna lose 95% of Customers.

5 Likes

21700 Li cells are not as mainstream as 18650. The advantages are many, but the price per cell is still higher. So ₹40k is not to be expected on the 450x pack, not adding other enhancements if any, to count.

65kms on a 450 is definitely comfortably achievable.

1 Like

Ex 450 could justify the new ather.

1 Like

Even now i am suggesting ather team

Plan to expanding 450 to more cities itself will be much much better to capture to market share…and compitative too

Hi @raghav.srinivasan,
I too own a 450. And I’m worried about the pricing too. But additional cost for pro makes sense ina way, they put additional stress to the battery and motor. Ather might use this additional 10k as insurance for warranty replacements

1 Like

ready to pay some decent amount for upgrade but not like Ather 450x price.

Ok guys, quick take on my views. @Ather.Team drops a huge amount (₹) on R&D and since I’m in the research field, i know how it looks like and how it burns a crater in your pocket. They have to meet ends. Honestly, the current plan is a hard pill to swallow, especially for users like me who take an average 200 km per month (₹ 600 in petrol or so) by scooter. Even though a lot of customers can use to the current plans and can break even with daily travel (business cases). I have a few suggestions and hopefully @Ather.Team have these already in their spreadsheets.

1. Give a per kilometre plan, like mileage. This will put things in perspective to the medium/short range users vs petol charges Yes, go ahead and charge a premium here, so we have a “low mileage high power” subscription and economy subscription.
  2. Since Ather is not a scooter but am experience, there should be occassional hardware upgrades during service, covered under the plan or done with upgrade free. Just like paying for TPMS and super helmet, maybe add pillion footrest upgrade, USB charger upgrade, etc. Dual channel ABS, better mirrors, etc should come as a free upgrade soon. (Please don’t charge too much for the pillion footrest, or center stand mods because i right now asked you not to. :sweat_smile:)
  3. Software and apps should be open. You are not going to regret it, and you’ll soon have another family taking care of you. Sure do limit userspace but never let us root or mod. I love when my phone bricks while experimenting, but my family will not like it if the kernel panics while overtaking a truck or ANR strikes upward a bridge.
  4. Give incentives to people who refer others in, make editor’s choice apps, reach milestones, etc. You know what I’m saying.
  5. Now that this thread is here, others can continue below. (I’m too tired to think)
14 Likes