Ather 450X Discussions

Pls enlighten. Have u got subsidy? What’s on ground realty pls tell everyone. Im

You would have received an invite for the Open House this Saturday. You could get your questions in-person.

Guys check this video.

6 Likes

Very good point my friend. I hope ather will answer your question. If the cost of manufacturing both variants are same why charge customers different. Of there is no explanation to this, it will change a lot of minds and hearts about ather.

1 Like

Not sure they are doing in Mumbai, they might need to gullible guys. had my hands on 450 when they did in Mumbai. Shared my review also, do check.

Who are going to attend ?
https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/internal-updates/290/42?u=ashu.gajare

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/internal-updates/290?u=ashu.gajare

This benefits are to end customers They will remain & government will not pass more to customers ,and no new subsidy to end customers enough has given
now the focus of government is to create more jobs & so the industries benefits more , this is. Going to be center budget they will benefit from tax holiday .
As you know the new Ather plant is coming up , you know why Ather is setting up because it has more benefits getting from TAMILNADU government , if Ather has more benefits from a plant here why they are not passing the benefit in 450X to end customers

Ather was first to pass on GST and FAME benefit in the entire industry. In fact the website reflected the very next day.

To top it, Ather increased the 2 year warranty to 3 years to all existing owners even when they had zero obligation.

So you can be rest assured on these things.

Hey @Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji why Saturday for the meet? Why not Sunday like always.
Sorry but couldn’t find the right thread for thsi post.

1 Like

Hey,

As mentioned by @prasathvishnu and @raghav.srinivasan, there’s no doubt we’ll always pass on the benefit of subsidies to the end consumer. If new subsidies are announced, we’ll incorporate them into the pricing.

2 Likes

As far as most people are concerned. We don’t mind having a subscription plan, but it does take a lot out of the pocket when your monthly commute doesn’t exceed 500-600km.
The plan makes most sense for people who manage to use the scooter for 10,000+ km/year.
What CAN be done is to charge customers based on their monthly mileage count with a nice slab pricing for each category. This way, the people can pay as per their usage.

This is just a suggestion and would love to see Ather consider such an option.

2 Likes

Now Ather ka time hai bhai , so the pricing is like this
It is like giving best 450 then want more
Come and try the best of best 450X

• Ather 450
  • Ather 450X Plus (99k+Subscription)
  • Ather 450X Pro (99k+Subscription)
  • Ather 450X Plus (1.49L+Subscription)
  • Ather 450X Pro (1.49L+Subscription)

0 voters

Sir, please discuss what the issues are and it will help you and others!
Thats the main purpose of a forum.

1 Like

Let see what’s budget announces & see can be pass on

I agree that Ather is passing subsidies to the customers. But I really hope Ather as a company still not expecting more subsidies from the govt that too for scooters that are priced at Rs 1.5 lakhs which is a high end niche market in India.

Indian govt is already providing huge subsidies and incentives for EV 2-wheelers:

1. Rs 10,000 per kWh of battery capacity,
  2. GST of just 5% compared to compared to 28% for petrol scooters.
  3. No road tax (10 to 12% less costs) for EVs by most states.

Even after all this, if a company is not able to price their vehicles competitively, then they should start thinking about cutting costs rather than looking for even more subsidies.

Subsidies are meant for increasing EV adoption by reducing the price difference between petrol vehicles and EVs. Definitely not intended for premium vehicles.

1 Like

None! after this unveil. It is quite sure that company is enforcing subscription no matter somebody is paying upfront. What if they increase their subscription after a couple of months? My Ather will be useless without making any payment to them.

1 Like

FAME 2 covers next 2 financial years. So there won’t be any change. But the subsidy might be reduced based on lithium ion market price.

1 Like

I think forcing subscription (by choice of higher pricing) is flawed.
Why would we want to spend 2K when I am not spending anything at all right now.
This kind of pricing is definitely for the service providers(Uber,Swiggy, Ola) and self rental companies, where they extract more and more by running business on these scooters and have unlimited drive train warranty. Good for Ather in the long run though.

After the initial success a model 3 variant type should have come out instead of this Model S P100D, may be Ather wants to impress more people and build their image as a quality product.

3 Likes

We are working on a solution to upgrade exisiting 450s on road to 4G, and will share details soon.

A lot of the feedback from early owners are concerns regarding the battery degradation and cost of replacement. The rationale behind the subscription models was to have a lower upfront cost with the scooter, and have the battery on lease. This way, you can get consistent performance and range from the scooter, without worrying about battery degradation. If you take up the subscription plans and your battey degrades below 80%, we’ll swap it out for a new one.

4 Likes