Ather 450X Discussions

Won’t be since its a variant. Not a new product.

Thanks @abhishek.balaji. Only thing that has my hopes up man

2 Likes

The 450X exchange program and the 4G upgrade for existing owners of the 450 are separate. We’re working on both the options :smiley:

9 Likes

I mean if it’s a bigger battery, better connectivity and more power, more importantly if the niggles of 450 has been taken care off, then it’s probably worth the upgrade, but to share the sentiment, I’m as upset as you are that the early adopters are left in the lurch, where for others it’s exciting and for the owners it’s a painful watch.

3 Likes

I have pre-ordered the 450X, while my existing 450 pre-order is still not delivered (It’s status is confirmed though, since the leasing process is complete). So, should I cancel my existing 450 pre-order? or will it automatically get upgraded?

1 Like

Upgrade(Swap) might not make sense for many existing 450 Owners (Specially for Leased guys)
Top 3 concerns.

1. Subsidy (Only once per Aadhaar)
  2. New Registration. (Pay again for Fancy no.)
  3. Insurance (3 Years Premium)
    Many more to come.

I feel if Ather450 can be upgraded with 4G and better battery technology, that will be great(feasible) option to consider.

3 Likes

If your vehicle has not been registered at an RTO already, you cant cancel and wait for the 450X to launch. You can reach out to customer service for more info. Do reach out to them on: +91 7676 600 900 or drop a line on info@atherenergy.com. Do check the FAQs below:

4 Likes

4G upgrade for existing 450s is being worked on

3 Likes

I understand why ather did what they did to an extent.
It was definitely required. But just because I understand it doesn’t mean I need to be okay with it.
I guess we’ll just wait for the specs of the new 450X and the upgrade programmes.

3 Likes

Why the subsidy already issued could not be considered. Money is money anyway right ?

3 Likes

Nope. That would be cutting out of athers pocket. The subsidy is part of the money that we had to pay to Ather for manufacturing the scooter. So the same subsidy can’t apply to 2 different scooters.

1 Like

Good idea …:+1:

I am sure it will have it…

I’m going to try to make a speculation post (because I have some free time).

First part: Speculation of price

Based on the leaks of the dashboard (which MAY BE FAKE), and the information released so far, I would guess the price to be in the 1.3L to 1.4L range. I say this with the assumption that the current 450 will NOT have a price drop, because that was said in the forums a few months ago. If it does have a price drop, I will guess the price to be in the 1.15L to 1.3L range. (with FAME)

Second part: Speculation on upgrades for existing Ather owners:

There are currently 2 versions of the 450 currently on the streets, the older one with an onboard AC to DC converter, and a new one without. I am fairly certain that there will be different costs to upgrade for these two different models, along with the age of the vehicle / any damage to the body, etc.

I would think that a vehicle received within the last month would have an upgrade value of about 90k, as long as the vehicle is in good condition.
A vehicle that’s 6 months old, I would guess to be valued around 70k, and an early adopter vehicle would probably be valued at around 50k. I put these estimates because the battery does age, and hence the value of EVs do drop faster than ICE vehicles. I am still sticking to these prices even when considering vehicle cost is 1.4L without FAME as there will be significant margins involved with swapping and refurbishing, etc. Maybe if we’re lucky, we can get 10 to 15k more than what I have speculated.

Third part: Concerns with upgrade

I have no clue how certain things like FAME subsidy and vehicle insurance will be handled (I purchased a 5 year comprehencive insurance for my vehicle, which is significantly more expensive than a 1 year 3rd party insurance, so I don’t know how that will be compensated.

Fourth part: The vehicle itself

4G support, top speed of around 100 to 120 kmph, 90 to 120km range in eco mode, more sensors, more dashboard functionality, maybe a possible camera. I would think the mirrors will be improved as well. Possibly NEW dashboard. And of course, no center stand.

I’ve edited this post after receiving some additonal information.

6 Likes

I think your values might be a bit off. You might be taking the base price of the Ather 450 as 1.13 but it’s actually closer to 1.4L considering the subsidy. So If these are prices for a buy back by Ather then they must be quite higher.

2 Likes

Now I am seriously thinking why I opted to own it. In just two months, there is a new variant. I can’t imagine 3 or 4 yrs down the line. Lease is good maybe.

2 Likes

This shouldn’t be charged for existing customers as Ather was already aware of 4G and chose to use 3G in production of vehicles

1 Like

Let’s be honest. more hype + more cities = more visibility. They played it well by launching a new variant for newer cities. Brings in an element of intrigue and surprise.

8 Likes

I am hoping its just hype and not much of an upgrade or I will start repenting my purchase. Not anyway planning for the upgrade.

You can pre-book 450x. I’m also waiting for 450, pre-booked 450x.

I will cancel one of the order by seeing price and delivery dates of X.

2 Likes

I case is different. RTO registration is completed and only delivery of vehicle is left. So I have no choice except to buy the 450.

1 Like