Ather 450X Discussions

Why not! Its basically a place in the queue! If you don’t like the specs or for any reason you want to cancel, you get the full refund, if you preorder later, the wait is going to be quite long and frustrating, knowing that you had the chance to preorder earlier!.

But i get the sentiment, the earlier you are to buy, the more experiments on you! Its the risk of being an early adopter!

2 Likes

Waiting sucks… so better pre-order… you can get privileged access and if you don’t like it take the refund…

1 Like

I hope more power means electronically tuned existing motor … other than that if physical battery changes are there then i’d definitely go for it … would not go for more power(as it already have sufficient IMO, plus more power comes with a cost :wink: )

3 Likes

I know. I change phones every 6 months to one year. I pay a huge premium and get the best and most updated tech. But that’s technology. I still treat my Ather as a vehicle. That’s why I feel bad about it.

3 Likes

I have ordered 450 . Is it possible to get 450x?

1 Like

Please check the FAQs:

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/announcing-the-ather-450x/4624/2?u=abhishek.balaji

Thanks for the amazing response folks! Other cities, time to pre-order and show support for Ather 450X in your city!

3 Likes

Thats the exact thing going on in my mind too. I got mine in November !!
But this is the case with all the early adopters, same thing happened with Tesla when they released the Model 3.
In some corner of our mind, weren’t we aware of what we were signing up for ?

No no. Please don’t compare this to that. Tesla launched their roadster. Got some money. Launched the Model S Model S was a premium and for that they still have the fastest Tesla on the market. The 450X is going to be faster. And Tesla’s plan for the model S, X and 3 were reveiled when the model S was out. People who got their scooter today or are about to also didnt know about this upgrade. I don’t like the company model Ather is going with. I know it was a necessity. Defintely. I said it myself that Ather can’t scale the present scooter. Has quite a few shortcomings. Just don’t like the way they did it, and when they did it.

Only thing that is keeping my hopes up is this above sentence. But my thoughts are. The new scooter will be the same price or a little cheaper. Considering that the OLD 450 THAT I HAVE. Is about 1.4L, if Ather is willing to buy it back at 1.1 or something and swap it for the new scooter, then that will be a good deal. But if we are asked to pay 20k or something to upgrade. It’s a hard decision. Also if they just give a swap they’ll need to exchange everyone’s scooter they’ve delivered in the past 1 yr. That’s never happening. So I’m sure the upgrade programme is going to come with a not so encouraging price tag. Well those our my doubts. So the 450 is the next 340. Soon enough it’ll be less than 90% the sales and they will stop it too. I’m just upset, I’ve had my scooter for 3 months and Ather has ALWAYS AND ALWAYS SAID that they will be scaling the product that they have now and no new products will be released. I’m sure a lot of people would agree they said that

I know it’s a *Variant * but a variant which is faster ? A variant which is more intelligent. That’s a new scooter for sure. Now I understand why they never really found a solution for all of us 450 owners about the 3G getting zoned out slowly. The new 450X will definitely have 4G I don’t mean to be rude at all but this isnt really good news for us early adopters who trusted Ather in their early years.

14 Likes

Hopefully it has the ludicrous mode XD

4 Likes

Wow nick of a time 450x got announced… my payment window opened Last Saturday for 450 , Applied for lease Saturday evening… being Sunday next day saved me from the Application process time , just sent a mail to Autovert to stop processing my lease & pre booked 450X :grinning:

4 Likes

You got really lucky!!

2 Likes

Yes, I completely get the point and even I am disappointed that ours will be OLD 450.
I did not expect my new vehicle to be old within a month of getting it. I honestly expected it to be new for at least an year.
The most saddest part for me is I haven’t even clocked 1k on mine :frowning_face:

1 Like

You’ll possibly clock thrice that by the time we get to “exchange” our 450s :wink:

5 Likes

Hopefully… if the pricing is not very high & am not great fan of more power as it will b a city ride …but looking forward to b more technological better , intelligent & better range

1 Like

Ya. I just wish they had their plan laid out and in the open.
If they told us that there will be an Ather 450 for Bangalore and Chennai. And then we’ll make a better product a more scalable product for the masses.
Wed know what we’re signing up for before we bought our 450.

2 Likes

Hi @abhishek.balaji
Since it’s already out let’s be transparent about the upgrade and eligibility criteria
It’s frustrating to know Dec 15 meet up this was not mentioned and promised no new vehicle plan for year or 2 was statement
Now this isn’t acceptable

Disappointed that Ather had to announce this just when my payment window had opened. The excitement of a new delivery has now vanished.
Could have ordered the new X but having waited so long for the payment window to open and seeing a prospect of having to wait few more months in the queue (once again!!), I would rather go for the regular version as of now.

Upgrades are always good… so… a 650X in future maybe? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I feel you have touched the right points! But if the upgrade costs about 20k and the the features of 450x are enticing enough, may be it would make sense to upgrade! All depends on the specs and the price ultimately

2 Likes

Their argument will be it’s a variant and not a new product.

2 Likes