Ather 450X Dashboard and Software - User experiences, Reviews

Moderator Note : Please use English while posting on the forum. This will help non-native speakers to understand and contribute to the conversation.

You can always use the Personal Message option to have one on one discussions with other forum members.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pathetic service by ather bangalore

Having the Same issues of the Stats not being synced or the charging status on the android app @abhishek.balaji can this be checked , this is happening after the recent android update happened , have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app from play store but its of no use , it still shows 4 days old data .

1 Like

Even I am facing the same issue. Tried the famous reboot hack, but of no use…

1 Like

Well, most of the points are correct but the life cycle of the battery will count no matter how much you fill in either you fill 80% or 100% battery’s life cycle will count, at the end of the day we need to pay attention to the battery life cycle. Because in 3 -4 years our battery efficiency will degrade and we need to replace the battery.

Well they say it is a premium vehicle because they use the best battery it cost around 67k and all the interior and exterior parts are premium so it will lead to the long life of the vehicle. Because it is a start-up company, I think we need to support them and report what is happening, their funds are not great as OLA but I think they are doing their best to resolve problems. If you see like Windows even there are several bugs in Windows and they are heavily funded, this is not a good comparison but even good companies will make mistakes and they resolve it is the part of the process in software, as I am a student of software development I understand their struggle. Well it’s my thoughts.

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji @tarun just as a normal customer i mean to ask you something, i hope you answer this and not flag as inappropriate as it is related to Atherstack Borg 10.2.0.

• 2800 + GST is what we are paying for features advertised before i took delivery of the vehicle realising half of the feature were not even present at the time of delivery but i did not care.
  • Bluetooth ( Connect Pro ) is not reliable keeps on disconnecting and i was unable to pickup calls, the dashboard rebooted while doing so.
  • Maps ( Pro + Lite )- everyone keeps complaining for how glitchy the maps is and in case of emergency it is inconvenience instead of being feature that is helpful considering how many times i had to stop and reboot the dashboard and start again. 2 - 3 times in a trip.
  • Notification ( Connect Pro ) never triggers for anything, seldom it does for full charge but that is it.
  • Tow detection ( Connect Pro ) never worked for my friend and most of the people in the beta group and no clarification as to why a faulty patch was pushed to all the customers
  • Dashboard restarts are never ending, apparently there is no fix as i can figure out.
  • Push navigation ( Pro connect ) , if it works takes ages to push it to dashboard and 4/10 times does not work for me

Now before you give me directions to call customer care or visit the service centre , i already did that ( You can check your records ), left my bike for 3 days just for software issue, got my scooter back exactly the same as it is. When i enquired they told we worked on this but there are bugs present and we are unable to fix, wait for the next software update it would be fixed. This was i think in May / June

Kindly do explain as to why these services are not provided and the customers are ignored. Also when this will be fixed.

I am surprised how all these critical things are ignored conveniently by @abhishek.balaji

6 Likes

Not a connect Pro feature. Which Phone/OS? Have you enabled all permissions?

How frequently are you facing this issue? When was the last time you faced this? And did you report it through the app?

Do report this through the app, charge complete notifications are working fine. The navigation notifications would get triggered if you have a predictable daily commute between your Home and Work locations.

I had shared a few conditions for this to trigger, did you try post that?

When was the last time you faced this?

Can you share a few dates/times when you tried doing this so the team can debug?

I have iOS 15 , all permission for notifications are enabled. Reinstalled Ather app also , no notification other than full charge.

At least 2-3 times per trip. My average trip is about 13 kms. I gave my bike in the service center and they were unable to fix this.

Every condition was met and still no notification for me or my friend. I have shared my experience in the beta group with detailed steps.

Will do when i encounter this. There is considerable lag between when I push the navigation from phone and when it actually appears for approval on dashboard. Would say 1-2 minutes. Again i submitted my vehicle for all these issues but the CC gave back my vehicle saying there is bug in the software.

@abhishek.balaji it is great that you responded, but now what are the steps to solve these ?

3 Likes

Would appreciate a sure answer to this if anybody knows + how to use it right. ta

1 Like

In my almost three months of ownership, here is my view on this: The halo on the right is the efficiency indicator. The dashboard does say it’s real time but shows the efficiency of the last 10 seconds AFAIK. When you go easy on the throttle which is accelerate slowly to gradual high speed. It’s fine. When you break suddenly, give full acceleration instantly it shows red which denotes high efficiency number which means your riding is less efficient. I haven’t Looked at the indicator at high speeds because I prefer looking on the road during this. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It will be better if we have the mentioned feature for navigation:

The navigation route can show different colors based on the available battery

Green color - if it can covers both reaching a location and returning it back

Yellow color - if it can reach the location but can’t return back without charging.

Red color - if it can’t reach the location provided.

7 Likes

Time to get it repaired or should I wait?

2 Likes

Hi @abhishek.balaji … Happy New year, first of all… :slight_smile: Would like get some info on navigation bugs/ behaviour, please redirect me to answers/ solutions if they have already been addressed (I couldn’t go through all the posts to check for these)

1. Even in places with full network reception, the map takes too long to load and panning/ zooming takes years to react and sometimes it doesn’t, it just exits navigation mode.
  2. The push location is never received by the scooter in time, it takes a minimum of 15 mins to appear in the dashboard.
  3. The mode selector toggle switch doesn’t work to accept/ reject calls or the received push location.
  4. While the navigation screen is on, panning is disabled for some reason, that is the dashboard doesn’t respond at all.
  5. Dashboard turning off and on by itself while on navigation wasn’t happening for a long time, but started this week, again.

Could you please let me know if the solutions are already available or on the way?

3 Likes

I have given up on Ather’s dashboard a long time back. The best possible solution for them is to offer an upgrade to a much better hardware and then roll out software features (stable) to these capable hardware. But they won’t do it. So, heck with the “smart” scooter. Let’s move on in our lives and hope OLA’s software experience turns out to be better than Ather.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Working @ Ather

Hi! I have a query regarding the theft&tow detection. Does this work even if the vehicle is in shutdown?

Nope. I don’t think so.

1 Like

Nope. It doesn’t.

2 Likes

Hi team, Whenever I start my Ather, it starts in Ride mode. Later I realize it is in Ride and switch to Eco. Is there some way to set it so that the default start mode is Eco?

1 Like