Ather 450 Pre-owned Buy/Sell

Starting this thread for those looking to buy/sell Ather 450s

To make this thread easier to access and connect potential buyers and sellers, replies to this post older than 30 days would automatically be deleted.

This is assuming that once you post here, your transaction is complete within 30 days. If not, do post here again to bump it up.

Any useful info and discussions on resale would be archived going forward in the first post.

84 Likes

Model 2019 Dec

Kms 16700

I was taken 1st party insurance 5 year’s (15k)

Belts & Bearings Replaced

Portable Charger 2.0

Price 94k

63 Likes

Moderator Note:

Please keep the posts to the topic. You are free to express your disappointments with Ather, shower praises on competitors, but in the relevant topic. Doing the same thing everywhere will not be useful for anyone.

Thanks for understanding

47 Likes

Quick question to the folks who are selling to jump ship. I hope you have considered whether you’re eligible for FAME subsidy for the next purchase? Unless I am mistaken or something has changed recently, you’re only eligible once to claim it. Unless of course you plan to work around it and get a new one through a family member or something.

50 Likes

I want to sell my Ather 450, 2019 model. KA51 registered, only 2500Kms driven. 5 years Insurance by digit. Grid wall charger. Everything is brand new, and nothing is replaced.

Since I have moved out of Bangalore, looking for a genuine buyer. Expected Price - 90k.

Please respond if interested.

50 Likes

I m physically challenged near Chennai looking for Ather at a cheaper price as I have to put training wheels as well. Please WhatsApp me only at 9962095178

41 Likes

Hello Pronay,

Is your scooter still available for sale.

I am interested to purchase immediately.

Kindly share details to 9786196955.

• PrasanthKumar
47 Likes

Any pre-owned portable charger available for sale in Bengaluru please DM me.

29 Likes

Hi , I’m interested…

40 Likes

Any 450 plus model to sale in Bangalore please do let me know.

42 Likes

Sir im interested please contact me 9347564002 ill buy asap

34 Likes

This thread is active but scooters are less bro.

25 Likes

Hi @pronay24 , Is it still available? Connect with me on e.mahnot at g mail

33 Likes

Is it still available? If yes, connect with me at e.mahnot at g Mail

29 Likes

Looking for 450X in Coimbatore, any leads ?

23 Likes

Interested

14 Likes

So here’s food for thought:

I “PRACTICALLY” bought my 450X in Mumbai @ Approx On-Road Price (1,53,000), but “TECHNICALLY” that includes FAME II Incentives (43,500) + State Susidy (10,000).

Now here’s the question :

Q : What’s the “right” price of selling our Ather 450 / 450X? Considering many of us would be selling their current 450 / 450X & upgrading to the New Ather 450X Gen 3.

[[ Solution 1 ]] : I consider 1,53,000 and reduce price from here depending on the age, km, condition, etc.

But then I loose my subsidy of 53,000 as it can be availed only once per individual.

So now when I buy the new Ather 450X Gen 3, I’m not eligible for the incentives & have to pay additional 53,000.

[[ Solution 2 ]] : I consider 1,53,000 + 53,000 - (age, km, condition, etc)

But this price would be still be more than the current price of the new Ather 450X Gen 3 “with subsidy”.

So a potential pre-owned buyer would rather go for a new Ather with subsidy.

We need to have proper guidelines on the same as a huge wave of owners would now be selling off their Athers. One wrong move and the price of all the Athers in the pre owned market goes for a toss.

Your thoughts…

34 Likes

I agree and Yes that is the point.

We are loosing the subsidy if we try to sell our current 450X

Unless @Community-experts bring us a good news that we can upgrade to the 3rd generation specifications embedded in current 450X

Sorry if I am not making sense - I meant Only hardware upgrade and not the entire bike to be replaced with new one at a economical price.

30 Likes

HIGHLY doubt it. When the 450X came weeks after they were delivering the 450 everyone thought many people will sell their 450 and even Ather brought in an aid to sell the scooter and upgrade to series 1. Didn’t really happen. Very few people actually did. And the 450 to 450X was a bigger jump in performance and range at the time. I’m not expecting a lot of people to sell their 450X gen 2 to upgrade to gen 3. It just doesn’t make sense. It makes as much sense to sell your iPhone 13 to buy an iPhone 14. There are people who do it but they form a very very small group of people. The tech enthusiast or the ones who always striving to have to have the best and the latest. Regarding your calculation of price for resale value. It’s simple. Subsidies put aside. The market price is what matters. If I can buy the scooter at 1.53L then I will depreciate your scooter. From that price point. For example. We bought an Innova 16 years back at 11 Lakhs and sold it 5 years back at 9 lakhs. We were able to do so because the market price of the product had almost doubled, nobody cares what was the price of the scooter when you bought it. That’s why old Ather 450s go for 90+k even now though many of us paid 1.13L for it.

The guideline basically is, if the price is agreed upon by both the seller and the buyer. That’s the value of it. Sad reality is your scooter loses most of its value as soon as it’s registered to an owner.

I’d suggest you buy it in a relatives name. I presently own 2 EVs and have availed both subsidies( total of ~90k) but both I’ve used my parent/grandparents Aadhar to avail subsidy. Saving mine for one perfect Ather one day.

Just a thought , you didn’t exactly lose your subsidy. You chose to sell it off. The intention of the subsidy was to make EVs get adopted quicker and for more people to switch to EVs rather than ICE. Your choice to switch from an EV to another EV is not really what FAME is all about. Availing a subsidy to upgrade from one EV to another would be in itself defeating the purpose of FAME subsidies. Here’s a solution Solution 3 : What about the 450X gen 3 do you really lack in your Gen 2? You upgrade now and Simple launches their scooter in a few weeks. Then one more company comes along and then Ather upgrades it’s Ather again. You bought the 450X gen 2 because it probably suits your needs right? That didn’t change right? So the solution is enjoy your gen 2. Retain your 53k in subsidy and enjoy your scooter :smile:

19 Likes

Sold for 1.25 lakh.

A humble request to all, don’t sell at cheap price out of desperation.

The resale value of our Athers is in our hands.

32 Likes