Ask an Ather Owner!

Are you sure about this? I have seen almost all reviews online crossing 88 km…

Interesting you should point this out. Apparently, the ideal versus real range conversation factor is 0.7, which means 27% is more or less in line with the ARAI ideal condition range, I guess?

On a related note, the range difference has been seen to vary up to almost 37% apparently, FWIW.

Of course, I’m no expert, so let me know if I am interpreting the stats wrongly…

I suggest you read this blog

Simply because it is not the real world range. If Ather shows 116kms on the dashboard and I actually can travel 75kms, I’d be really annoyed and more scooters will be stranded on the road without charge.

Range anxiety will kill me if that happens…I’d like to give you the example of my own E2Oplus experience. It displays 110kms on the cluster but at best I can drive 75kms under normal conditions. Only Hypermiling will yield 110kms.

The ARAI test is just for a duration of around 20 minutes and 10km. The simulated conditions on the dynamometer will be at an average speed of around 30Km/h. The speeds do not exceed 90 km/h with acceleration and deceleration happening gradually. The vehicle is horizontal all the times.

One other important thing we have to understand is that the primary objective of ARAI’s IDC test is to measure the emission levels of the vehicle and ensure that all the vehicles conform to the emission standards of our country. The fuel efficiency is kind of a by product. Fuel economy is calculated using an empirical formula. Since there is no tailpipe emissions for Ather, Range becomes a main measurement parameter.

It is not the best way actually to arrive at an economy/range figure based such a test, but the reason why it’s done is actually to compare how different vehicles vary w.r.t each other. The figures from the test do not signify the actual fuel efficiency of a vehicle in real-time conditions.

Please read about VW topic…it’s a totally different topic. You just can’t compare the two.

Ather has never claimed 95kmph. It cuts off at at a displayed speed of 90kmph and I have reached a displayed speed of 91kmph in a downward gradient many times. In fact Ather has always claimed 80kmph as it’s top speed. See the screenshot from the website.

You may ask “then why is 90kmph even displayed?” Read my below post for answers to that.

You can also read the below FAQ

In fact we should appreciate Ather for Displaying the real world range on the dash and claiming only the true top speed

6 Likes

@abhishek.balaji can you share the wattage of the headlight lower and upper both?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Poor Range on my 450X

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather 450 Pre-owned Buy/Sell

Do we have saree guard footrest in 450X. it is possible for ladies/older aged people to sit one side in Ather450x?

You have a saree guard with the vehicle.

One sided seating, esp for older women, will be difficult given lack of the footrest there to climb and rest comfortably.

1 Like

How to soft reboot a ather 450, can anyone pls tell me

2 Likes

Hold both brakes and the power button for 5 seconds and the vehicle will reboot

Soft reset - settings - shutdown - key off to confirm. And turn on key after few seconds. (Can be used when touch is working)

Hard/forced reset - both breaks + start button for five seconds. (Can be used when dashboard is struck)

1 Like

Isn’t that the hard(ware) reboot? Soft(ware) reboot is the one done using the shutdown option in settings, I guess?

Apologies if I have them mixed up!

3 Likes

Yes it is a confusing mixup. In PC lingo, hard reset is like you force it the hard way (Ctrl alt del or reset button) and soft like in the smooth way (normal menu shutdown command).

Yeah precisely. By extension, I thought the breaks+button combo results in a hard reboot…

1 Like

i think its the other way round

soft reset- just the dashboard reboots but the vehicle driving functions operate normally even while rebooting

hard reset- settings- shutdown and turn off key…here the battery is disconnected completely and the vehicle is turned off

4 Likes

Guys any leads or pointers to this specific issues I’m facing.

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/what-does-this-red-colour-signify/18909?u=maheshrb94

2 Likes

This is real time efficiency indicator, with latest update it show the efficiency of last 10 seconds…more red more watt hour you are consuming… Normally you will see this during initial pull and when climbing slopes, or immediate acceleration…

1 Like

What is 3M protection ? This need to be done seperately or already done by the company ? And which parts are covered by 3M protection .

2 Likes

3M has a product called PPF (Paint Protection Film) which is basically a transparent film around half a millimetre thick. It gives protection against small scratches and stone chips for any panel that it is applied on. It keeps our vehicles nice and glossy looking. However, It cannot resist fall and accidental damages and it isn’t very cheap. Specific to 3M, it yellows after sometime and on white panels it is more evident. there are other brands now in the market that doesn’t yellow. This is something that no company provides and fully left to the owner. For Ather, 1. since there is no option to put those all-side protective (and ugly) guards and 2. Other vehicles hitting in the crowded parking lots is unavoidable due to the high leaning angle of Ather, many of us have got this PPF done.

3 Likes