Ask an Ather Owner!

What is 3M protection ? This need to be done seperately or already done by the company ? And which parts are covered by 3M protection .

2 Likes

3M has a product called PPF (Paint Protection Film) which is basically a transparent film around half a millimetre thick. It gives protection against small scratches and stone chips for any panel that it is applied on. It keeps our vehicles nice and glossy looking. However, It cannot resist fall and accidental damages and it isn’t very cheap. Specific to 3M, it yellows after sometime and on white panels it is more evident. there are other brands now in the market that doesn’t yellow. This is something that no company provides and fully left to the owner. For Ather, 1. since there is no option to put those all-side protective (and ugly) guards and 2. Other vehicles hitting in the crowded parking lots is unavoidable due to the high leaning angle of Ather, many of us have got this PPF done.

3 Likes

I really fail to understand why people are putting EV’s under question for the ARAI claimed range and the actual range, no one has ever questioned an ICE vehicle, where the mileage is claimed on the similar differences. Why no one questions a 18kmpl ARAI mileage ICE car, whereas on road mileage is only 12/13 kmpl. Recently Nexon EV was under question for the same. In fact it should be appreciated that Atleast EV’s have the capability to even provide you higher range than the ARAI claim, which in no way possible with an ICE counterpart. Ather users have done it tremendous times, and so has Nexon EV users.

4 Likes

Is it worth using ppf ? Because I go through some post and they said 17000 for ppf an ather bike . And I heard one of my friend that the total body cost itself just 8000 only. Then what is the pupose of protecting 100 rupees worth of thing with 200 rupees cover. Please correct me if am wrong

There’s no definite answer to this. PPFs have self healing properties…so key scratches and other minute scratches won’t appear. Constant washing creates swirlmarks on any panel and PPF will resist that to a great extent. PPFs have glossy effect and are oleophobic too and hence keeps the scooter looking nice and shiny for long. For all these you never replace body panels. The entire scooter panels are more than 8k for sure - it’s around 15k both sides put together. PPF also is expensive no doubt but for small scratches you don’t replace panels and over a period of time, vehicle appears really dull.

To summarise…this is a highly subjective thing if it is worth or not.

4 Likes

Guys, need assistance in this issue.

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/portable-charger-and-ups/19249?u=maheshrb94

is your ups atleast 1500va or 1kw rated?

Yea. It’s 1KW

2 Likes

then it should work fine if no heavy equipment is connected in parallel I have a 2 kva luminous it works for me perfectly, you should contact your UPS manufacturer to get a proper datasheet, keep in mind ather portable or dot both consume at least 770w and can be at peak during initial startup

Its been my second week after Ather for delivered. I faced no issues last week. This issues have cropped up so I was wondering.

After rains, I have noticed that there is voltage fluctuations in power supply too due to BESCOM issues. Will check for a day or two. Let’s see how it responds.

As of now, when I plug my ather charger to vehicle the upsc gets triggered to Eco mode. Planning to contact the UPS provider.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Maintenance and Service

A post was split to a new topic: Anbu’s experience - Ather 450X

Dear folks,

Please do suggest your opinion about which is the best home charger ?

Ather Dot or portable charger !!?

Please do mention along with your reasoning for the selected one.

Portable is the best one. Because you can enjoy the purpose of dot with just small 3d printed case. But the dot cannot use like the portable because if its size.

Inside the dot there is nothing other then a small holder which holds the charger handle. Other than this it’s portable with sumo case. So avoid Dot.

4 Likes

My opinion is Ather portable charger is a best bro it’s a light weight carrying any ware if you have portable charger it’s very helpful for long ride journey… you can charge your 450x any ware 5 amps plug bro … so use portable charger bro

4 Likes

Go for portable charger without a second thought

2 Likes

Any difference in charging time?

Both the Charger are same only they wear different dresses. So charging times are same on both chargers. For some people they experience different time usually higher then the Dot. This is because of their current source. Proper grounding and supply voltage leads the charger performance. But this also very little difference. Warrenty wise Dot is 3 Years and portable is 2 Years.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Order swapping

Ather app is not syncing so how to rectify it.

1 Like