App Update Wants - Feature requests

Whenever they tried to settle the dust by sending unofficial updates to vehicles! Even the settled vehicles are getting erupted with tornadoes of bugs! :laughing:

1 Like

Unofficial updates? :confused: we only roll out patch updates and feature updates that are communicated here well in advance. Not sure what you’re referring to here.

It is very slow and one doesn’t have to login every time one opens the app

Well :wink: if you say so! Why would suddenly most of the vehicles get same issues on same day when there were no official updates installed on that particular day! Is there a time synched bug that appears on all vehicles at the same time?

Well there’s no ambiguity there, no ‘unofficial’ update rolled out. The team is looking into the reports and I’ll share an update when we have a fix.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hazard lights

Having a widget and also notification on the charging status would help a lot.

1 Like

Please include the power consumption data in the app while charging, because currently, we can only track the charging consumption if the DOT is connected to a meter.

1 Like

Feature request As per the latest update in 450X, we get to ON/OFF “Real Time Efficiency” option.

Now in this option/feature RED coloured shade appears above and below our SOC/Range status. It’s intensity changes according to throttle response and speed of the vehicle in respective mode.

But as you try to understand at what level your efficiency is, you may get rammed into something on the road, as you need to concentrate so much on it, so that you get distracted from the road, which is very dangerous.

Instead of RED color shade, it would be great, fast and easy to understand if it shows instantaneous Wh/Km figure with line graph.

@abhishek.balaji Please consider and look into the practicality of this feature request.

8 Likes

Yes totally agree with Rohit, Please look this update. Thanks

While I agree with you on this aspect for the new comers, this was never an issue for an old timer. I have been using the 450 for more than 2 years now and I am used to it. While I agree that we need to be cautious while looking into the dashboard, this aspect is quite common to all vehicle when we glance at it.

1 Like

Yeah but there is difference between glance and stare :sweat_smile:

I drive petrol car and it has real-time efficiency figure. I think it should be possible to provide a figure instead of Red halo.

A glance at number is sufficient. Having a coloured bar takes times to understand.

3 Likes

How about enabling geo-fencing? The Ather app can have a default geo-fencing On-Off option. If enabled, whenever you switch off the key, it becomes active. When you switch on again, you have to allow “Motor On” thro’ the app. Owner would also get a notification even otherwise, if the boundary is crossed. The boundary radius would be settable (200m / 500m) etc.

3 Likes
  1. It would be useful to see the start and end battery SoC in the app statistics for each ride.
  2. Guest mode - ON/OFF in app, incase we lend our Ather and want to restrict to a specific mode like ECO
  3. Crash notification, send an sms to emergency contact if incase the scooter met with an accident or sudden fall while riding along with location ( i feel its possible with the available sensors in Ather)
  4. Regen level control from app, also an option to engage regen once the throttle is released instead of pushing the throttle the other way
5 Likes

Vehicles delivered till Jan 2019 had real time range, however the data available at that time messed up the algorithm. Owners would ride hard for a day and the very next day the projected range would be at 40kms when battery was at 100% cos the algorithm looked at the previous rides (with not so great efficiency numbers) and decided that you wouldn’t get more than 40km!.

This freaked out owners a bit and hence it was decided in the Dec 2018 open house to leave the range at a static True Range number.

While I initially asked for the projected range to be brought back (since we have a lot more data now), now I don’t feel the need for it as I know how much range I can squeeze with my riding style.

1 Like

As far as I know you can see a live Wh/kms reading when you toggle to the Trip A or B view, not current ride. They will show you distance covered and efficiency (Wh/kms)

1 Like

Yeah, which is not upto the mark, as since last few days sometimes it’s showing me 100+wh/km, but near to the 30wh/km in ride statistics.

And on top of all, it’s not instantaneous efficiency.

Idk about the 450X but it’s dead accurate in my 450. I’m not on a connect plan and I want to monitor my efficiency. So I reset my trip meters before each ride. :person_facepalming: They can at atleast make it visible for current ride

2 Likes

Pretty impressive, your app idea looks very innovative and very user friendly. I think Ather should think about this.

1 Like