An Update on Ather Grid Locations in Mumbai Needed

Hi Ather team,

Ather 450X deliveries have been happening in Mumbai for over a week now (I’m still waiting on mine) and it’s good to see some enthusiasts out and about, sharing photos of their flights.

However, there has been no update on the Ather Grid locations in Mumbai for a while. I remember during the event where you announced the Series 1 and its features, I asked a question about what was the typical minimum number of Grid locations you have when you launch in a new city and Ravneet answered that the number they eye is 15. Unfortunately, I see that the only announced location in Mumbai is “Blue Tokai” — I don’t even know which Blue Tokai location exactly.

Even the Ather Grid location map on the Ather website shows 0 Grid Point locations for Mumbai.

@abhishek.balaji Can we at least have a reasonable update on what the current status is, which locations you’re currently dealing with for installations and when do you expect to be up and running with whatever X numbers?

———

Of course, I’m completely ignoring the fact that Grid charging is being provided free of cost for owners till March 2021, but without any Grid locations, no one in Mumbai is able to actually take advantage of that facility.

We’ve waited for a year for our deliveries since pre-booking the 450X in Jan 2020, so I’m not desperate to head out to a Grid and charge my Ather, but it just feels disappointing to get third-hand experience for Ather fans in Mumbai.

2 Likes

From my ather app i am able to see these two locations

1 Like

What @preshit mean to say is. it was said minimum 10 Ather Grid during open house it will be installed before delivery or before End of the year but currently there are only 2 Grid installed.

1 Like

We definitely need more grid locations in Mumbai. Don’t want to run out of power while traveling. Ather guys need to speed up the installations. Some how the progress has been very slow in Mumbai. The showroom is not yet opened, the deliveries were very plain. I mean you can atleast click a photo to make it memorable.

2 Likes

BTW Pune has five grid locations

Mumbai is very slow.

2 Likes

Took delivery of my flight today & I asked them about Grid availability. They told me 1 Point at Blue Tokoi at worli is operational, 2 at EC is now ready. Their next plan is 1 at Versova & 2 at Mulund for now

Slightly deviating from the topic, will we see any grids outside the city limits? Not specifically for people like me who stay outside the city, but in general for folks who wish to go on rides and would need to recharge.

1 Like

I’d say that’s several months away. From what I understand, Ather’s looking to businesses to contact them for a tie-up, so unless some major food mall or some major outlet does that, I don’t think we’ll see any Grids outside limit any time soon.

@abhishek.balaji - Your Mumbai Grids, most of them do not work for months. What’s wrong with them? Do you guys have a team that looks after it or do the maintenance?

You’ll say 10 grids, only 9 show on the app and half are not even working. Sometime it’s a waste of trip to the grid just to find out it’s not working and app shows green.

Are ya’ll even serious on the grids? that this infrastructure is strong and well maintained?

Please tell Nilesh to look into this matter URGENTLY. A lot of them in Mumbai are facing this problem for months now. The Borovli is never working, and now the Mahalaxmi isn’t too and then the Suba crashed. What’s going on here? Have it fixed please, and on a faster pace.

2 Likes

Its 10 Grids, cos the Ather Space, Bandra has 2 Grid points.

Last checked on 13th July, the Borivali Grid was working.

There have been issues related to network, and the team was working with the network provider over a solution, AFAIK. Regarding the Grids being down for maintenance, we’ll need an update from the team hopefully soon.

This is the status of Mumbai Grid today, I’ve been keeping an eye on the app since Morning and believe me out of 11 Grid Points only 2 are in green now and all the others in grey all the while. looking at this 3 possibilities come to my mind.

1. All Grids in Grey are down due to technical/maintenance issues
  2. Owners are being irresponsible by leaving their rides at the grid for longer durations even after being fully charged.
  3. Ather Owners have been queing outside grid points to charge their scooters one after the other

Assuming 3rd one to be highly unlikely pls see that 1st is rectified and 2nd doesn’t occur by making the Grid points chargeable and finally add more grid points!

A casual check on a Sunday Morning planning a ride and the ability of not doing it just because of the unavailability of FC’S just hampers the ability to take our scooters on long distances, Criscrossing Mumbai’s length from North to South with just 11 Grid Points are definitely not enough for travel pls add more FC’S asap and ensure that they are working all times.

In Comparision Chennai has 22 FC’S and I assume that Bengaluru must be having more, we need more options to explore other points incase of emergency travel albeit very less charge means u r stuck at that point for good, but pls look into it and work on it. @abhishek.balaji

I am unable to upload the screesnshot I took of Mumbai grid here at this point of time I don’t know if it is an app issue or something else pls sort all of these soon. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Ather quietly installs the 12th grid in Bhandup. Next will be in Nerul. Might get one in Khopoli. :blush::blush: will be heavenly for many Lonavala lovers…!:heart:

That’s great to know.

There’s still a massive gap between Andheri & Borivali though. There’s one in Andheri East (which is always traffucked) and Borivali West — nothing in between. That’s a good 20km travel between the two.

Ather really needs something on the Link Road in Goregaon or Malad.

1 Like

I always imagined one at Growel’s Mall. It will be perfectly located IMO, right off the highway.

1 Like

There was one installed at Hub Mall, Goregaon, but due to some technical issues, it never went live. That should solve that problem.

1 Like

Had gone to the grid point at seasons hotel, nerul as it was showing active in the app. On plugging in the charger did not move beyond initialising, the guy out there too said there is an issue with the charger. Hope this is known to the grid team

4 Likes

Dear Ather’s

Please be noted atherians facing the issue with the charging station towards parel , lower parel area reduced the charging station, facing issues to be line up in station for empty slots to vacant. Increasing no of Ather’s in that area, there is drawbacks coming new comers avoiding to buy the same because of charging…

Hope team will be work on this

Awaiting for your response…

2 Likes

Agree. even in Bandra, the grid has 2 points and most of the time they are occupied. We soon need more than one point & more grids. Although, currently there are ~20 chargers but almost all of them have only 1 point.

1 Like