450X: Product/Technical discussions

What is the sign of regen on dashboard, I never ever feel it

1 Like

There is no regen indicator. Once your are on or below 84% and riding above 20kmph, try twisting the accelerator in the reverse direction. You will feel the scooter slowing down quicker than usual. More pronounced when speed is around 35 kmph.

4 Likes

Bhai vissor quality is bad and front suspension is not that good

2 Likes

When regen engages, you can feel the scooter slowing down and no longer coasting. Also, the slow down feel is more pronounced at speeds of 24-40kmph.

3 Likes

Hi all, Is it safe to shutdown 450X frequently if not in used for more than 2 hours ?

2 Likes

No

Never ever do it for 2 hours

1 Like

Itā€™s perfectly safe to shutdown for any duration. I leave my 450 shutdown overnight at times and for longer durations when I travel out of the city.

3 Likes

Not for 2 hours but more than 2 hours, for example when i go to office and park Ather for 9 hours till office is over. Can i shut down in that case ? Also overnight after I reach home until i use vehicle next morning

1 Like

Its not needed for such short times.

Use it whenever u r going out for days like 7-10 days or one two weeks like

1 Like

Yes it is safe to do so. Hours, days, weeks. Does not matter. Duration is upto you like Raghav suggested above. I too shutdown my 450 almost after every use if I know I wonā€™t use it for several hours or only the next day. Unnecessary battery drain otherwise.

3 Likes

Yeah but he is asking for 450x not for 450 for 450x it is not recommended for 1 day or 2 days because it may damage some internal systems. IMO

Yeah for 9 hours itā€™s not necessary and overnight shutdown also you can do like if you donā€™t want degradation of the overnight you can do but still not good for the vehicle.

Why do you need? It degrades maximum 2-3% overnight in my case only 1% maximum will be the degradation in the night. So 1%,2% is ok donā€™t worry

450 and 450x both are safe to shutdown and does not have any internal system problems anymore there were some issues in the earlier 450 but those problem no longer exist.

So its completely safe to shutdown for any time period.

3 Likes

Does Find My Scooter work if Scooter is shutdown?

1 Like

No, it will not work, When you shutdown all connected services will also disconnect.

The whole point I think for EV is to Conserve those percentages BTW, Even Ather team shutdowns as soon as the scooter is not in use, so itā€™s completely safe donā€™t worry.

It also saves the range which is already very limited and in the standby the range keeps on decreasing

5 Likes

Actually in my case a total of 4-5 percent is lost every night if I donā€™t shutdown. But based on many of the above posts the 450X and newer models of 450 ahead of December 2019 are safe to be shutdown on a daily basis. Only thing is be prepared to be waiting for the display to turn on taking more time than usualā€¦

2 Likes

Ok guys chill :cold_face: :sweat_smile: I just said that for 1 day not needed because it degrades only some amount of charge. If you still want to conserve for long distanceā€™s then doing shutdown is necessity

Usually the 450 also doesnā€™t degrades much since our vehicle is almost crossed 2 years, after 2 years of usage it degrades little more and shutdown is needed now a days

1 Like

Its absolutely not smart. Its andhon main kaana raja. If you know what I mean. Imagine walking up to your 450X and due to bugs the Bluetooth doesnā€™t connect and your bike just doesnā€™t start at all. So, this will be completely unreliable given the terrible software experience we get with Ather product for ā€œfreeā€. Peace :v:

4 Likes

Most important thing we need to ask Ather in their future models is atleast 150kms range (bigger battery ) for same price of current model . Smart features are all just gimmick . Hope Ather puts most of their money in R&D of bigger battery & improved range rather than on smart feature gimmick ā€¦ Also on R&D if they can upgrade battery of current models (very much needed )ā€¦

4 Likes

Well, their investment on Ather grid has been good (although with a few niggles). They should surely spent more R&D money on better software experience. Agree or not, the future is smart phone on wheels. :blush:

Today observed a strange thing not too much strange. It will be present in all Androidā€™s.

When I touch the dashboard it interacts with a bubble type. I may be got this as a glitch. After normal key on off it didnā€™t appear.

It would be great if this is implemented in the vehicle.

1 Like