450X: Product/Technical discussions

@austin_carvalho2000 i guess it normal for now ! But an update can fix it. Hope Ather adds this a safety feature !

In that case there should be a manual user trigger for this feature ! If there is some side stand sensor problem then user can turn this feature off and warp !! Zuiiiiii

Customized sound ! If this comes on i know what i need to put for park assist !! Ohh ##* get out the way !!! :rofl:

as of now we can use if any issues we can cure it why we have to think about the thing which is not yet even escalated

Itā€™s better to check the speed and if speed is zero and motor running and stand is down then motor should switch off. I think ather can take care of this in next update

Interesting thing to say.

Could it apply here too? Iā€™ve actually spoken to people whoā€™ve had accidents on their athers and all of them had to just replace the panels and a few parts and they were good to go. No issues with the frame/ chassis

What will happen in case of major structural damage in accident ? That canā€™t be covered under warranty for sure. So 450/450x will have to be scraped then ? Since this is aluminum structure which hinders repairability compared to regular steel chassis which is easy to repair or replace.

After reading all posts regarding the issue what I felt is

1. If you think of a crash like accident no vehicle will sustain that. Even though you get it welded, it cannot perform as before.
  2. Basically Ather is a city scooter. In city limits such accidents are rare.
  3. If you are on a long trip you have to be a perfect rider and will have to be utmost careful.
  4. Lastly, while purchasing a vehicle no body should think of a disaster. Think positive, be confident thatā€™s all.

Still, it has many bugsā€¦ not yet cleared in the latest Software updateā€¦ when can we expect all bug free Ather 450X.

see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T9wfhzl7Eo

1 Like
  1. Warranty never covers accidental damage, that comes under insurance coverage.

2. If you are such an accident that it breaks or damages the chassis, the vehicle should be junked - irrespective of whether itā€™s an aluminum chassis or tubular frame.

Dear Ather Community, The use of Aluminium is automobiles is common in high end cars, The Aluminium panels can be repaired and welded provided the manufacturer provides the same to the repairer. If the Chassis of the Vehicle is damaged beyond the economic repairable scope it will be replaced and all the insurance companies do the same. Accidents do happen and does this make anybody to completely resist the usage of vehicle, Driving the vehicle with proper care will eliminate the scope of accidents. Most of the two wheeler accidents happen due to sudden braking and the same can be prevented by proper analysis of the roads. For example, if you happen to see a Dog, or an Autorickshaw or a Child, do remember they will jump in front of you at any time. Make sure that your eyes does not get distracted while driving. If you are using a two-wheeler costing around 1.75 Lakhs, make sure that you use a good helmet which is capable of protecting your head at all time. I would suggest that, everyone wear the helmet first and then unlock the two-wheeler. Drive safe and Care for all the Road Users.

Regards

Binu Varkey

6 Likes

In the case of major accidents it safer to junk vehicle instead of repairs. But what about minor accidentā€™s like when one side of the frame is flattened or broken currently, ather doesnā€™t even do repainting for panels so what about chassis?

as per design point the main structure support is battery console so rather anything happened for fork neck assembly or rear cradle will be replaceable rear cradle is an aluminum alloy i think so

A post was split to a new topic: Responses from CS

3 posts were split to a new topic: Dashboard shows charging UI while riding

Some fan like sound is coming continuously from dash board. Whether it is normal or showing any problem?

kindly settle up these are all not an issues its a system doing its job so relax and continue if anything ather will take care we wont leave them if any mfr defects means donā€™t worry

2 Likes

There are so many issues with the dashboard.

1. The indicator beeps stop working once in a while.
  2. The location of the vehicle as seen on the mobile app was wrong for many days.
  3. No notifications

I just hope we get a stable release soon.

3 Likes

Yes in my scooter also yesterday the right indicator just beeped once and stopped, it happened repeatedly.

1 Like

just by 5pm today i discussed with technical team may be one or two days OTA updation will be there so all those kind of issues will be fixed

These are just suggestions from my sise to Ather folks

Itā€™s normal only bro. If u have left the vehicle under the sun for a long time or if u have been riding it for a long time with full brightness on the display, it runs the fan under the display to cool the device. Nothing to worry ur good to go.