450X: Product/Technical discussions

What about the range improvement? nobody talks about that

3 Likes

We need regen modes like riding modes. Currently regen is in low level. We can map riding mode with corresponding regen strength. Like eco has most regen, ride mode has a bit less and so on. This would help in increasing range a lot.

7 Likes

Yeah. Ather should increase the level of regen to get more range. Also, it will help to understand if there is an infographic to know how much percentage gained back through regen.

2 Likes

Yes, need both in the dashboard of the scooter and in the app ride statistics

4 Likes

Also the regen should not start after 80% battery drop, it should be there starting from 100%, as sometimes it becomes confusing when trying to slow down using -ve throttle on slopes.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 450X 1st General Service : Experiences and Reviews

Discovered Hill Assist somewhat on the 450X. While I was my parking slope going upwards, I tried holding the scooter there. I gave just a bit throttle input and the scooter Stood there perfectly. Though when again going upwards, it slipped back then only went ahead. I understand hill assist should hold it well but it did hold it well but slip was there. To verify, I have tried it 3-4 times and it does work. I have also tried it on sloping road once though it had less gradient. For those who are going to try this, please do so on your own risk. Just tried this And it somewhat worked so decided of sharing.

2 Likes

hey according to the manual - CAUTiON " Do not try to hold the scooter at a place using partial acceleration , while on a slant. in all likelihood , it will damage the motor." page 58 of the 450x manual states this so I don’t recommend doing this .

11 Likes

Thanks for the caution. I do not use it but just found that so decided to share. Also what I use is 2-3% of throttle which does not show any speed on the dash but I will remember this. Thank You!

3 Likes

I think what you experienced is a clutch bite point common in ICE, it’s a point where you have acceleration and movement in a locked position without the application of a brake. Commonly in EV, it will be the same but without actual clutching, we give slight acceleration till the vehicle will not rather move nor it will go back but will hold still.

4 Likes

It should be something with the heating. The motor is air-cooled, so might see some off the chart temperatures, maybe?

4 Likes

Has any1 faced issue with internet connectivity on Ather, where the map doesn’t load. Also the sync between bike and app doesn’t happen. It is happening for me currently and I tried doing the shutdown and restart, but that also doesn’t help. Any clue on how to get this resolved?

3 Likes

Try hard reset and move your vehicle at a location where good neteork coverage is present

3 Likes

Hey. Our network provider has just informed us of an outage on their end. We’re waiting for them to let is know once the issue is resolved. This was at 1433. I sent them at 1300.

Sent through twitter.

2 Likes

Oh k, also to let you know, the tower symbol on dashboard beside the bluetooth symbol, that is also not visible.

4 Likes

Ya. I saw that and tweeted and got the reply :joy::love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Hence, it becomes more important that Ather enables wifi so that we can use hotspot. Duh…!

3 Likes

Yesterday I travelled for 40 km. 4-5 shutdown and 2-3 restarts. Nothing helped.

It either showed 1 point or no signal. Had to use phone throughout.

But, jio phone 4g had good signal throughout.

Last week, had same experience. But, couple of shutdown and restarts and waiting for 2 minutes helped to bring signal back

Really that is what I felt yesterday… a hotspot from my phone Would have helped.

Or at least an option to download maps in storage for the radius will help without internet.

10 Likes

I was surprised when I saw this outage thing. Because, both yesterday and last week, I travelled thru main areas. I checked with my friend’s Jio signal when I was trying restarts and shut-downs, where his phone signal was perfect.

That time, I really thought it was the dongle which is not able to pickup signal. I was about to raise complaint and I saw this message.

By any chance, these commercial e-SIMs on Dongle and our consumer SIMs on phone work differently?

2 Likes

Well, I had an issue talking to some of my relatives living in Mumbai. When I asked them, some of them had issues with Jio while some hadn’t. That might be the case over here, too. (I had no issues using any of Jio’s services that day.)

I have used dongles so I can say that they work similarly to the normal SIMs. e-SIMs are also same as normal SIMs with a unique number. So, I do not see any difference in how they work, in general. (I may be wrong in dongles’ case. So, please correct me if I’m wrong.)

2 Likes