450X: Product/Technical discussions

No this is not normal after 3 or 4 years the problem will come and i am sure we face the problem

You got the vehicle from pune right? Did you get the helmet?

2 Likes

They took my signature against a remark “helmet pending” and said they would call me once it is available. I seen a long list of signature of owners with helmet pending in that register.

1 Like

Open any vehicle and you will find similar amount of dust. It shouldn’t affect the working of Ather for sure.

2 Likes

Yes, I observed the same in the past (both behind the dashboard and the bottom area).

I asked the service guy to clean it with a dry cloth… He did what he can do in a min…

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussion on Accessories

Wish my Ather 450X had a pass switch.

And how do I park my Ather on a slope ? I fear if the wheels move a bit due to inclination disengaging the side stand making the scooter fall or roll over !!

1 Like

Vote here!

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Incorrect trip meter

Definitely.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. The dashboard fan in my ride was so full of dust that they had to replace it. (bangalore :man_facepalming:)

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji When is the next OTA update scheduled and anything new with updates? Also, earlier it was said that updates are gonna bring features such as TPMS for tires. When will this be rolled out?

2 Likes

TPMS requires additional sensor to be installed in tires. It is an add-on with an optional purchase option. I think it will take time for TPMS to come as it is still in beta stage

4 Likes

What about the range improvement? nobody talks about that

3 Likes

We need regen modes like riding modes. Currently regen is in low level. We can map riding mode with corresponding regen strength. Like eco has most regen, ride mode has a bit less and so on. This would help in increasing range a lot.

7 Likes

Yeah. Ather should increase the level of regen to get more range. Also, it will help to understand if there is an infographic to know how much percentage gained back through regen.

2 Likes

Yes, need both in the dashboard of the scooter and in the app ride statistics

4 Likes

Also the regen should not start after 80% battery drop, it should be there starting from 100%, as sometimes it becomes confusing when trying to slow down using -ve throttle on slopes.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 450X 1st General Service : Experiences and Reviews

Discovered Hill Assist somewhat on the 450X. While I was my parking slope going upwards, I tried holding the scooter there. I gave just a bit throttle input and the scooter Stood there perfectly. Though when again going upwards, it slipped back then only went ahead. I understand hill assist should hold it well but it did hold it well but slip was there. To verify, I have tried it 3-4 times and it does work. I have also tried it on sloping road once though it had less gradient. For those who are going to try this, please do so on your own risk. Just tried this And it somewhat worked so decided of sharing.

2 Likes

hey according to the manual - CAUTiON " Do not try to hold the scooter at a place using partial acceleration , while on a slant. in all likelihood , it will damage the motor." page 58 of the 450x manual states this so I don’t recommend doing this .

11 Likes