450X: Product/Technical discussions

can belt adjustment be done by the owners also or only by service centre? and if can be done by us how do we do it?

1 Like

Belt adjustment should be done only at the service centre or by authorised service personnel at your doorstep. They have the required tools to measure the belt tensioning.

2 Likes

He @abhishek.balaji I’ve already mentioned this earlier.

What is the use of showing partial address on the ride statics section? Why not show the complete address when we click on it? Or a timeline on a map would be cool with lines marked with different colours based on the consumption or mode.

Please put on some useful information and controls on the app such as these(mentioned above) and many more like

° Different user mode for different users in family

° Geofencing (a notification when vehicle is out of fence )

° A password for dash or guest mode (so that user cannot access incognito or documents )

° Charge control from app

( I won’t ask for keyless go because of hardware limitations )

All these and many more are very important features for a smart scooter. Please consider these @tarun @abhishek.balaji @chaitanya.hegde instead of that ather labs where you put out CO2 emissions, money saved etc which can easily be calculated with a simple calculator. I’m not saying it’s useless but those are of less priority. Not to mention wh/km, average speed and projected range can also be calculated pretty accurately without the app. So there’s no point in paying for subscription unless navigation is used extensively.

With all these features added, the premium for connect pro would definitely be worth it.

10 Likes

Already asked for it. Upvote and add details in this thread

2 Likes

does Ather 450x have the same underseat storage as ntorq cos the new ntorq has 22ltrs?

2 Likes

Yes Ather also has the same 22ltrs. What can you fit in the boot of the Ather 450X?

1 Like

hi does the Ather 450 and the 450x have the same boot space size.?

1 Like

Correct. All 450 models have the same boot space.

4 Likes

Hi! I’m observing a continuous beep when I ride above 32-35. I raised it with the service personnel at my city’s EC and they say it’s normal. They also rode it and checked and seemed satisfied, though it was only riding it in the parking lot of the EC. I’m unsure about this. Is it normal? What sound could it be if it’s normal? It’s a pretty evident and continuous beep.

2 Likes

@tanishqkhare - which mode do you get this beep sound?

AFAIK, none of the recent updates have a speed alert function (like in some cars) and this was never a requested or in pipeline feature.

Did someone wire your speedo to the horn by mistake ? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m getting this on eco. Haven’t tried it on other modes. Speed alert :sweat_smile:. It’s not a very loud beep but certainly audible while riding.

Is Ather working to increase the range of scooter?

1 Like

You & me have to work to get increased range for our scooters. :wink:

Joke aside, increased range will be the next target as Ola S1 has already set a good benchmark for range.

1 Like

had a doubt, is the hard reset and the shutdown button in the settings of the dashboard the same? or do they serve different purposes. And also

In the Ather s340 they had the same thing which Ola implemented in their scooter ( personalised riding modes for each different user and how did this not continue?

And also that light sensing headlight where did that go?

5 Likes

Nobody is talking about the range of scooter! Ather is only thinking about. Other companies they have done. I don’t know why Ather is not thinking about range and speed before it’s too late. It’s time to think and wake up

2 Likes

Possibly cos people might be okay with 85-100km range, like sufficient for their day-to-day ride? Im speaking from my own experience, and maybe others might feel the same. I personally wouldn’t wanna ride over 100km at a stretch, seems tiring on a scooter. Specially from a city like Mumbai, riding 20km took me3 hours, so probably not the best idea to do 100 km :rofl:

Only on paper, companies have claimed to have more range. However, will be interesting to see what the real world range looks like. Gotta wait till its proven.

6 Likes

Increased range helps in 3 ways.

1. You can charge less frequently
  2. You can continue to use the vehicle without battery replacement for longer time
  3. You can go for occasional long rides.

Benefits of #1 and #2 is applicable for all. But, if the battery cost is expected to go down in future, increasing range too much is counter effective from cost side. So, 120-150 km range is a balanced range.

#3 - Around 10% people may go for 50-75 km ride occasionally. They will be happy with 150 km range.

Anything more than 150 km range will be helpful to <1% of the people. Because benefits are far less for the cost and weight incurred, not worth.

8 Likes

Every one does not live in Mumbai. If you charge the battery every day, soon battery will become week and soon the day will come when you have to change the battery.

That’s why good range is important for us.

2 Likes

hey @abhishek.balaji my Ather 450X has stopped displaying music and incoming calls; but connects to bluetooth on the dash. I went to EC day before and got all the drivers updated, but still no luck. Gaurav, from EC, connected his phone and it got connected but the music controls weren’t visible; but on pressing the power button, the controls were up and the music playing was also visible on the bottom right. and on connecting to his device the incoming calls were also visible.

Chronology since the problem popped up: The dashboard went blank/didn’t turn on when the key was turned on, and my sister was in a hurry so I asked her to go ahead without the dash, as the bike runs without that too. On her returning, I performed a reset with the brakes and power, and the screen was back on but this time with the old android notification sound on bootup too. On that day I had trouble with music and calls on dash, so had to unpair and pair again and then it worked fine. Again the next day faced the same problem, so I unpaired and paired again, and the music pop-up worked for 10 seconds and disappeared. Since then I have never been able to view music and incoming calls on my dash.

I’d (somewhat) understand if it was my phone’s issue, but neither has my phone received an update nor has the dash for it to behave this way. Post the problem I’ve got 2 updates on the dash and still nothing works!

Please don’t ask me to change my phone device, I’ve paid around 20-25k extra for buying the 450X which has the Bluetooth feature, expecting it to work for all devices :frowning:

PS. I use Samsung Galaxy M21 (SM-M215F/DS) running Android 11… My Ather Dash software is on Atherstack Borg 10.2.0-202138… Earlier had the beta version of Ather app installed, but now on a stable release of Ather app (5.0.0) with all permissions allowed.

didn’t know where to place this issue, so placed it here as it involves technical discussion and if anyone in the community faced similar issues, please help me out here!

10 Likes

There have Ather owners who have clocked over 20-25k km, and yet to see a significant battery health drop which needed a battery replacement, also over period of 2-2.5 years of ownership. Ather seems to have even confidently said the battery should be good for 5-6 years on moderate usage.

I agree, but not everyone’s looking for 200km range scooter. I’m okay with a performance scooter with 85-100km range. Rumours of Ather planning a longer range scooter to come sometime next year might interest you, and you should look forward to it!

7 Likes