450X: Product/Technical discussions

I am eager to know power to weight ratio of ather 450x. Please dont mind asking for these questions.

Peak power of 450x is 6KW and it weighs 108kg. So power to weight ratio is 55.55 W/Kg

Guys my vehicle charges at the exact rate be it any SOC . It takes 2.5 mins to charge 1% if charging from 30% or 90%. My vehicle dosent slow down charge even after 90%. Is this normal @abhishek.balaji ?

After running 1000+ kms in Hilly terrain mostly with a pillion rider the power output in sport mode is enough to tackle any gradient which I have travelled. However we would need a bit bigger battery for a 40 KM to and fro journey with normal driving style. In my opinion should be at least 3.5 KWh usable capacity.

4 Likes

There you go that’s what they had to make and we all know what they had made, personally after driving warp mode I never felt so exciting or enthusiastic,I don’t if the owner’s scooter also was facing some performance drop,but I felt sports was powerful enough and warp isn’t that different,but the range in the + dissapointed me,if ather had developed ather 450z instead of x after the 450 launch,with 3.3-3.5 usable capacity of battery and kept the performance same as the 450 and no warp mode,and made use of the additional subsidy and priced it at the same rate it would still sell better as there wasn’t any competition and for users like me it made alot if sense, only thing ather can do to help range anxiety is to install grids at highways and even on the hills where owners like @vvsharma0116 use their scooter,but with a city like MYSORE not having 1 single grid even though there are 100 + athers on road,and most of the present grids not working I would not even imagine about it from ather unless they get those new gen fast chargers which turn out to be more efficient and work with determination to install them.

3 Likes

Can I switch from Ather 450 Plus to Ather 450X later by paying the difference amount? Is it possible to upgrade ?

1 Like

Is this possible.?

I know that both vehicles are made the same.

3 Likes

In eco mode the power is very low in ather

1 Like

Within 52 days brake pads all dead - only 2566 kilometers done. Thanks to subscription I got it replaced for free

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Please help me replace this

Handlebar tends to be heavy i find difficult to ride. I got shoulder pain while driving. Does anyone face same issue especially on right side.

2 Likes

Check & correct the tyre pressure… if the problem still persist then check by just loosening both hands @ around 40kmph which side the scooter goes (do it with great care…) ideally Scooter should ride straight… if its going any side then contact EC and tell them which side it is pulling. They will do the needful.

5 Likes

I’ve seen 7% battery drain in the last 12 hrs. I was not getting this much battery drain before. It was only 1-2%. Does hard reset fix this?

PS. I don’t remember exactly what the figure was but I think it was close to this. Will keep on checking.

Why Ather is showing Motor Off ?? Can any one guide ??

3 Likes

If you can provide some more details, it will be easy for us to answer. Is the motor not starting at all? Or has the motor started but shows ‘Motor Off’ on dashboard?

1 Like

Is 4% Battery drain normal in 24hrs? The scooter hasn’t been ridden.

3 Likes

That looks normal if you did not shut-down. In fact, my average 5-6.

3 Likes

Check this here,

What is the self drain percentage of the battery pack of Ather 450?

In different scenarios the battery’s drain rate varies. Here’s how many days it may take for the battery to go from 100% to nil:

• When Key is turned OFF: In 9 days
  • Shutdown mode: appx 70 days There is a critical battery cut-off that shuts down the battery completely so that there is no damage to the battery pack once it has discharged to zero.

Above is from this LINK

1 Like

Thank you! It was 7% on Sunday and 4% in today without rides that’s why wondered… Edit: 5 % in 26 hrs. Last 1% in 2 hrs.

@rajeshkav , are the battery drain scenarios same in the 450 and 450X? Considering the better cells, better BMS etc etc?

Battery drainage percentage what you have indicated looks very normal. Various parameters may effect, its drainage percentage, like BMS wake up period, GSM signal strength etc…

I do not have any data to say what is better. However looking at battery capacity, 450X should last long more.

If you are concerned about battery drain in the idle condition, why don’t you just shut down the vehicle? I do it every now and then as I hardly ride these days.

4 Likes